Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™

• Thread starter BadSnowman
  • 53 comments
Denmark
Denmark
Why is it that the Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™
isn't supported in the GT Sport Beta? Well the wheels on the car turns when i turn the steering wheel
but there is no feedback at all doing under-steering, over-steering, driving over the curbs or even crashing?
The steering wheel also don't appear in the option menu.

Wow, that sounds bad! Thomas J. always stated that it will be supported by GT Sport. So let's hope it will be patched later... It would be interesting to read a reply from Fanatec here...

upload_2017-10-9_21-12-6.png

The game is not mentioned anymore on their Site!!!!

Maybe it's Gran Turismo's fault. Probably want to sell more of that overpriced tg-t with their logo on it. I haven't really heard anyone speak good on that wheel relative to it's price. Should start at $650.

I can't wait to see a statement from Fanatec on that issue. I really hope it will be ok with the release version of the game.
Regarding this Thrustmaster T(oy)-GT wheel there is a nice review from 'Simracinggirl'. She still tries to find the pro's for that wheel...

I got good force feedback. I didn't at first. In game I powered down my controller and Csl Elite wheel then re powered wheel left the controller off. got FFB. I don't know what else I may have done other then that. Then I assigned it as Thrustmaster profile to it. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
I got good force feedback. I didn't at first. In game I powered down my controller and Csl Elite wheel then re powered wheel left the controller off. got FFB. I don't else I may have done other then that. Then I assigned at Thrustmaster profile to it. Hope helps.

Well that's better than nothing, I hope this won't be the final solution though.

I hate Logitech. Made our wheels useless for no reason. No person anywhere should buy that g29 replica garbage. They outdated our wheel and effectively killed it for no reason. I have a perfectly good wheel that Im sitting in front of right now as I play gt sport on a controller in my rig. Seriously people should be outraged. Could u imagine a car company saying they will no longer service your car or just sending it a signal to make it stop working. How could u trust them going to a ps5.

Do u have the cronusmax plus with drive hub adapter.

Is there any lag?

What is the difference between the drive hub and the cronos max.

I just have the Chronusmax Plus. I don't know much about the hub. I just know it's their new baby that's supposed to support everything, for every platform, but I thought that's what CMP did anyway. I think the big deal about it is that it's supposed to instantly detect your wheel type, so that you don't have to program it in on your PC.

I've noticed a hick-up or two when playing driveclubVR, when I first got it, but I haven't noticed anything playing PCars 1 or 2 or GTS. As a matter of fact, the FFB in PCars was so good, that it made me a better driver. I could actually feel the road.

Interesting. I thought the devices had noticeable lag but maybe they fixed it. Do u have fanatic wheel at all for ps4.

I'm just getting that sinking feeling, I have a CSW V2 + XO Universal Hub, and stupidly didn't even question if it would supported since the user manual for the hub mentions PS4 mode..

I've got a PS4 Pro a few weeks ago just for GT:S, but haven't been home yet to fire up the demo (the joys of working away!), but at this rate I'll have no wheel at all to play it on..

Do u have the cronusmax plus with drive hub adapter.

Is there any lag?

What is the difference between the drive hub and the cronos max.
The DriveHub is a standalone device by the way. And no lag added at all, played GT Sport yesterday like it was nothing :)

DriveHub is specifically aimed at making wheels compatible with the differents games and consoles, that's it.

I tried few things and here is the solution for the Fanatec PS4 CSL Elite wheel base.

I have tested it and I can confirm it works. What I still can’t do is compare the feel with T300/T500 wheel, but I hope I will be able to do it soon.

Here is the process:

1) CSL Elite wheel has to be plugged into PS4 USB port 1 but not powered
2) PS4 console has to be started MANUALLY via POWER BUTTON (not via controller)
3) Once the console is ON, the wheel should be powered (via POWER button) and put into the PS4 mode (blue light)
4) Wheel is then assigned to user via PS buttton on the wheel
5) Wheel works for UI and for in game from that point - all buttons, brakes, FFB, everything
6) User can decide which wheel-game profile (Logitech, Thrustmaster) he wants to use (OPTIONS > CONTROLERS>WHEELS) for the button assigments
7) Personal setup is then applied through Fanatec CLSE Tuning Menu

Voila. No problem.

Hope it helps for you guys.
Fanatec has been waiting for someone like u to figure out how to get their wheel to work for them. Now they will release an official statement. Lol. Thanks

I tried few things and here is the solution for the Fanatec PS4 CSL Elite wheel base.

I have tested it and I can confirm it works. What I still can’t do is compare the feel with T300/T500 wheel, but I hope I will be able to do it soon.

Here is the process:

3) Once the console is ON, the wheel should be powered (via POWER button) and put into the PS4 mode (blue light)
5) Wheel works for UI and for in game from that point - all buttons, brakes, FFB, everything
6) User can decide which wheel-game profile (Logitech, Thrustmaster) he wants to use (OPTIONS > CONTROLERS>WHEELS) for the button assigments

Voila. No problem.

Did u have to update wheel on a pc first or anything.

Last edited:

Here is the process:

Voila. No problem.

Thank you! Will try this tonight.
Any reason why the wheel has to be connected to USB port 1? Did you try the other ones as well?
I'm on a PS4 PRO, I don't know by head if the port numbering is identical to the standard PS4.

Same issue with the same wheel.
Stering to sensitive. Throttle to sensitive. No feedback... Works exactly the same as in PC2.
But in F1 2017, AC and Dirt 4 - works perfect, I can feel each fraction of the track....
Even in PC1 in compatibility mode works good.
Frustrating...

Same issue with the same wheel.
Stering to sensitive. Throttle to sensitive. No feedback... Works exactly the same as in PC2.
But in F1 2017, AC and Dirt 4 - works perfect, I can feel each fraction of the track....
Even in PC1 in compatibility mode works good.
Frustrating...
Pcars2 should work just fine. Just Gt sport has no force Feedback.

The huge thrustmaster support and lack of Fanatec support doesn't look like a mistake to me at all. Well, yeah, it was a mistake. The mistake was not partnering with Fanatec. :D I bet they would have liked to, but Fanatec and their enthusiast's prices... Thrustmaster gear is easier to obtain, probably had something to do with their decision. But then the T-GT....And I almost bought one...

I'm just saying it is because it's almost useless for what it's suppose to do at least for gt sport.

Since I can't play gt sport can anyone tell me a game I can play with this wheel.

Latest Posts

Back