Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
I really hope i didnt get duped into buying this wheel and cs v3 pedals to find out they arent telling the truth about gt sport being compatible. In the demo there is no ff and the pedals do not work at all. If i wasted 900$ on this Im not going to be a happy customer. The silence is deafening from fanatec. God im never a impulse buyer but they got me on this one. I was holding out for so long to see the reviews on the t gt vs csl. But having a fanatec wheel in the past I thought it would be light years ahead but whats the point of having great hardware if no one will support it. /end rant

Same here

I really hope i didnt get duped into buying this wheel and cs v3 pedals to find out they arent telling the truth about gt sport being compatible. In the demo there is no ff and the pedals do not work at all. If i wasted 900$ on this Im not going to be a happy customer. The silence is deafening from fanatec. God im never a impulse buyer but they got me on this one. I was holding out for so long to see the reviews on the t gt vs csl. But having a fanatec wheel in the past I thought it would be light years ahead but whats the point of having great hardware if no one will support it. /end rant

Weird. My Clubsport v3 pedals are working just fine on GT Sport. Never had problems with them in any game so far. No ffb for me either though.

Problem solved, wheel works after a chat with a very friendly Fanatec employee on the phone. Back to my "happy Fanatec customer mode".:P
Small tip: don't download the driver package labeled "PS4" if you want the wheel to work on PS4 :confused:

Are you guys running the latest firmware - just wondering...

I have found the solution for the CSL Elite on PS4 (I also have V3 pedals).

I have tested it and I can confirm it works. What I still can’t do is compare the feel with T300/T500 wheel, but I hope I will be able to do it soon.

Here is the process:

1) CSL Elite wheel has to be plugged into PS4 USB port 1 but not powered
2) PS4 console has to be started MANUALLY via POWER BUTTON (not via controller)
3) Once the console is ON, the wheel should be powered (via POWER button) and put into the PS4 mode (blue light)
4) Wheel is then assigned to user via PS buttton on the wheel
5) Wheel works for UI and for in game from that point - all buttons, brakes, FFB, everything
6) User can decide which wheel-game profile (Logitech, Thrustmaster) he wants to use (OPTIONS > CONTROLERS>WHEELS) for the button assigments
7) Personal setup is then applied through Fanatec CLSE Tuning Menu

Few details:

1) The overall FFB in the game is very strong and all Thrustmasters users are reporting it. There is a serious problem when going oversteer and trying to correct the driving (once tires begin to slip). Instead of becoming light (tires losing grip), FFB becomes ridiculosly heavy (too much grip). I verified that with my friends with T300 models so it is an game-issue. I tried to solve it through CSLE setup, but no setup can solve it. It does not influence the driving before oversteer.

2) New tuning brake setting on CSLE (BRF) has to be put on 100 to correspond with game API and it is a paramount for proper brake feel on V3

3) My current setting is SEN AUT / FF 90 / SHO OFF / ABS 50 (makes no difference from 100) / DRI OFF / FOR OFF / SPR OFF / DPR OFF / BRF 100

I am using stock firmware, I have not upgraded to the latest one.

I'll test this as soon as I get home from work. Thank you for sharing!
Maybe for the "too heavy feel" you explained so kindly to us, you can try and put DRi on a positive value? Just something I thought of when I was reading your comments. I will test this too as soon as I can.

EDIT: spelling

I have tested it and I can confirm it works. What I still can’t do is compare the feel with T300/T500 wheel, but I hope I will be able to do it soon.

Here is the process:

3) Once the console is ON, the wheel should be powered (via POWER button) and put into the PS4 mode (blue light)
5) Wheel works for UI and for in game from that point - all buttons, brakes, FFB, everything
6) User can decide which wheel-game profile (Logitech, Thrustmaster) he wants to use (OPTIONS > CONTROLERS>WHEELS) for the button assigments

Few details:

1) The overall FFB in the game is very strong and all Thrustmasters users are reporting it. There is a serious problem when going oversteer and trying to correct the driving (once tires begin to slip). Instead of becoming light (tires losing grip), FFB becomes ridiculosly heavy (too much grip). I verified that with my friends with T300 models so it is an game-issue. I tried to solve it through CSLE setup, but no setup can solve it. It does not influence the driving before oversteer.

2) New tuning brake setting on CSLE (BRF) has to be put on 100 to correspond with game API and it is a paramount for proper brake feel on V3

3) My current setting is SEN AUT / FF 90 / SHO OFF / ABS 50 (makes no difference from 100) / DRI OFF / FOR OFF / SPR OFF / DPR OFF / BRF 100

Not working for me, I can drive but I dont get any FFB. Wheel turning and pedals are working though but again, no FFB...

Here is the process:

Thanks for sharing!
Do you get feedback from curbs, street surface, crashes (Not that i crash! ;)) ?

I'll give that solution a test tonight.

Hoping it works

Thanks for sharing 👍

How did you solve the problem? How did you make it work with GTS? Please share with us, sure I'm not the only anxious around here

sorry, that is a misunderstanding
My wheel/pedal combination is now working in general with PS4, which was not the case before due to a software problem. Haven´t tried GTSport yet.

I was told by the Fanatec technician on the phone that they have a new firmware version almost ready for release. Let´s hope this will bring a solution to the GT problem.

Here is the process:

Hi amar212, it doesn't work for me. I´m using a PS4 Pro and CSL-Elite with the latest firmware.
I did it like u said but there´s still no force feedback for me :(

Here is the process:

Few details:

Cheers i am sane again , it was becoming a night mare . ps . im using the latest update.

Fanatec has responded to the compatibility issues with GT Sport:

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/categ...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

"Some of you might have tried the demo version of GT Sport which is online as of today.
Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to select the CSL Elite Racing Wheel in the GT Sport controller options menu. Therefore players can’t enjoy some of the wheels advanced features in the game, such as Force Feedback.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and are working hard with our engineers and partners with the aim of rectifying this for the games launch. We will continue to update you and appreciate your patience. "

Hi amar212, it doesn't work for me. I´m using a PS4 Pro and CSL-Elite with the latest firmware.
I did it like u said but there´s still no force feedback for me :(

Yes, unfortunately, you are right.

It does not work :(

Mistake was all mine, I only tried one car in a rush to work this morning, it was racing Jaguar and I thought the spring was the FFB activated. I didn't crash nor anything and I simply jumped to conclusion.

I am very sorry with confusion I produced. I will edit my posts accordingly and patiently wait for official solution.

It does not work :(

At least you tried to support us. So don't worry.

Let's hope we will find the CSL-Elite wheel in this screen later...

Attachments

• wheel settings....jpg
    wheel settings....jpg
    30 KB · Views: 195
I feel for you guys.. fortunately drivehub also emulates g29 (for me csw v2 user it is great), but I was hoping for extra features. Pedal / rim vibrations are simple things but they do make a difference.

Weird. My Clubsport v3 pedals are working just fine on GT Sport. Never had problems with them in any game so far. No ffb for me either though.
Does anyone else have working cs v3 pedals on sport? Are you running a ps4 pro? How do you have them connected? I have tried everything in the game, unless i am missing something. Is there a way to assign inputs to them?

Does anyone else have working cs v3 pedals on sport? Are you running a ps4 pro? How do you have them connected? I have tried everything in the game, unless i am missing something. Is there a way to assign inputs to them?
Connected normally to the CSL elite wheel base.

Ok a little quick review of the Fanatec CSL wheel base PS4 edition.

I have the older CSL Wheel base too.

My setup:
Fanatec CSL Elite WB PS4
Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3
Fanatec break preformance kit
Fanatec Clubsport Handbrake
Fanatec Porsche 918 RSR wheel
Fanatec P1 PS4 wheel

First thing i did was to update the firmware on the PC, there was a newer driver specific to the ps4 wb so i did uninstall the older drivers i had to the First CSL elite wheelbase. Updated the firmware without ant problems. After that i conneced it to the playstation 4, cloudn’t start the ps4 with the wheels PS button so had to start it with the controller, the wheel works great in both ps4 menus and GT menus.

Next thing to do was to test it ingame :)

NO FORCE FEEDBACK!!!

Come on! Seriously! That was a bummer! I realy hope they fix it to the final game, i set all force feedback settings to max in game but no difference. As of earlier all thrustmaster wheels have settings ingame and of course logitech g29 but not the fanatec.
Found out to day that when i go to project cars1 in ”purple” mode and quit the game and go back to ps menu and put the wheel back to ”blue” mode it stays in ”purple” mode feel. and when i tested it on GT Sport, i just started a quick arcade mode, i feelt some vibrations from curbs but it was very little, and when i hit a barrier. So the force feedback is there but it is little

Comparing the wheel bases, i must say that the new base has a much smoother drive, and i think it is a little bit stronger maybe.. but tje biggest thing is the smoothness!

I was first driving it with the ps4 steering wheel but the feeling i get from the 918 is just so much better and smoother. I think both the weight of the wheel and the bigger size is what makes it feel better.

Anyway the wheel base and ps4 wheel is a great package,

Thomas Jackermeier
7:22AM Flag

Hey guys, I am really sorry to let you guys a little bit in the dark for now. Rest assure that this topic has high priority at Sony and we in direct contact with Kazunori Yamauchi to get a clear picture. We will make a full statement before the launch of the game.

Thomas Jackermeier
9:09AM Flag

There is no need to update the page as our wheel will be fully compatible with GT Sports No reason to panic.

Back