Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™

• Thread starter BadSnowman
  • 53 comments
I'm just saying it is because it's almost useless for what it's suppose to do at least for gt sport.

Since I can't play gt sport can anyone tell me a game I can play with this wheel.
Feels like another cheap move from Sony....sucks but I'm still buying it. Even if I only use it on PC...because I have club sport v3 pedals in the mail right now!

So those titles work with the wheel?

Hate to say it, but there are some compatibility issues with the CSL Elite with Assetto Corsa, too.
So you can’t activate Turbo or KERS during the races, or adjust things like Traction Control / ABS... :(
Other than that Assetto Corsa is a fantastic sim with great FFB on CSL

Hate to say it, but there are some compatibility issues with the CSL Elite with Assetto Corsa, too.
So you can’t activate Turbo or KERS during the races, or adjust things like Traction Control / ABS... :(
Other than that Assetto Corsa is a fantastic sim with great FFB on CSL
Just picked up project cars 2 at GameStop have seven day return policy so if I don't like it I'll return it and pick up Gran Turismo if it works by then otherwise I'll just keep playing Project Cars 2

Damn so apparently there is no fix. Shame on fanatec. They knew this wheel didn't work. Scammed us all.

Would not be the first time. Promises high,delivers low. Has always done this.

Project Cars 2 does not see the T500RS. Pity, because PC1 does. As does AC and GTS.

For all they are putting us through this wheel is fricken amazing. I can't believe better wheels exist. PC2 is said to have light feedback couldn't imagine it with other titles. Feels so real. I do feel it could have more road feel to it but still amazing. This wheel seems undervalued. How the tg-t would sell over this is beyond me. $800 Is a joke. This wheel makes my g27 feel like an arcade toy. 2 totally different classes. The CSL is a real racing wheel.

So even if Fanatec & Polyphony can strike something up will Polyphony really make an effort to make most of the wheel or does it not work like that?

For all they are putting us through this wheel is fricken amazing. I can't believe better wheels exist. Feels so real. I do feel it could have more road feel to it but still amazing. This wheel seems undervalued. How the tg-t would sell over this is beyond me. $800 Is a joke. The CSL is a real racing wheel.

Wish that the fanatec club sport 2.5 wheel base and the CSP V3 pedals were supported on PS4, Guess Fanatec wanted to keep the price range below 1000 euros which is a good decision; to have a PS4 wheel from Fanatec for 520 euros is a great deal.
Still I am sure the CSL elite is better than any other wheel on PS4 because it borrowed some stuff from the club sport 2.5 wheel base. For GT sport not to support an official PS4 wheel buzzles me.
i was considering to buy one to be able to use my CSP v3 pedals on PS4 (currently used on PC). What i heard is that Assetto corsa is the only title on PS4 that have full support for this wheel and that's a good start.
Guess i have to stick with my old T300rs to play GT sport...what a shame

Wish that the fanatec club sport 2.5 wheel base and the CSP V3 pedals were supported on PS4, Guess Fanatec wanted to keep the price range below 1000 euros which is a good decision; to have a PS4 wheel from Fanatec for 520 euros is a great deal.
Still I am sure the CSL elite is better than any other wheel on PS4 because it borrowed some stuff from the club sport 2.5 wheel base. For GT sport not to support an official PS4 wheel buzzles me.
i was considering to buy one to be able to use my CSP v3 pedals on PS4 (currently used on PC). What i heard is that Assetto corsa is the only title on PS4 that have full support for this wheel and that's a good start.
Guess i have to stick with my old T300rs to play GT sport...what a shame

No it was Sony's decision not to license such expensive steering wheel, that was posted by Fanatec somewhere in the blog

No it was Sony's decision not to license such expensive steering wheel, that was posted by Fanatec somewhere in the blog

interesting...:odd: Guess because GT sport is an AAA title so Sony decided that for them...

Just found this on fanatec (CSL PS4 elite) website

"PlayStation® systems: All PlayStation®4 and PlayStation® Pro systems. PS4™ games which support the wheels advanced functionality include Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, and DiRT 4. All upcoming advanced driving simulator games with support of force feedback racing wheels will be compatible. For a complete list of compatible games please visit this site"

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/suppo...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

What a shame....

Thomas Jackermeier
7:22AM Flag
Hey guys, I am really sorry to let you guys a little bit in the dark for now. Rest assure that this topic has high priority at Sony and we in direct contact with Kazunori Yamauchi to get a clear picture. We will make a full statement before the launch of the game.

Thomas Jackermeier
9:09AM Flag
There is no need to update the page as our wheel will be fully compatible with GT Sports No reason to panic.

Got my CSL Elite PS4 w/LC kit last night and got it setup and updated and using in compatibility (purple) mode. So far seems to be working as expected with basic functionality. Looking forward to getting an update from Fanatec and Polyphony to get full support and customization in game.

I am on a GT Omega wheel stand and dialing down FOR to 70 works great with a slightly less solid mounting surface like this. The GT Omega works great but not as solid as other mounting rigs obviously.

For me all settings on the wheel to default except:

DRI OFF
FOR 70
FEI 100
BRF 50 (Brake Force only supported on LC and V3 pedals)

In game settings I have set to:

FFB Max Torque: 4
FFB Sensitivity: 2

With this setup I am pretty happy with the wide range of cars I have tested from N200, N300, Gr.4, Gr.3, and so on. For me this gives me a useable wheel weight but still very good feedback. Very easy to feel torque steer in FF and beginning of slides and so on. Would be curious to hear about other people's settings.

Does anyone know if the ABS vibration works in GT Sport yet? Doesn't seem to do anything from the testing I have done so far but could be wrong.

Thanks for getting this compatibility mode sorted out quickly Fanatec! Looking forward to the fully integrated mode and in-game button customization!

Last edited:
Played around with some settings tonight and like what I ended with:

Wheel Settings:

SEn: 50
FF: 100
SHo: 100
AbS: Off
drl: Off
For: 100
SPr: 100
dPr: 50
brF: 30
FEI: 60

In-Game Settings:

Controller Steering Sensitivity: 1
Force Feedback Max Torque: 4
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 4

Played around with some settings tonight and like what I ended with:

Wheel Settings:

SEn: 50
FF: 100
SHo: 100
AbS: Off
drl: Off
For: 100
SPr: 100
dPr: 50
brF: 30
FEI: 60

In-Game Settings:

Controller Steering Sensitivity: 1
Force Feedback Max Torque: 4
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 4

Just to ask, but does Controller Steering Sensitivity setting have any effect when using a wheel? I would hope not..

You can adjust G29 settings while using CSL Elite in compatibility mode to get control of MFD in-game:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20171022181840.jpg

Back