Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
I did try to contact Fanatec. Send them an email through Fanatec website explaining the problem and sending them a video. Still waiting an answer from them

We looked into our system and only found an inquiry yesterday evening which arrived after our office hours and after you posted this video. So effectively we only have 2 working hours since your inquiry now and our support already contacted you.

You also did not use the live chat which would have been even faster.

Is this correct or did we miss any communication?

We looked into our system and only found an inquiry yesterday evening which arrived after our office hours and after you posted this video. So effectively we only have 2 working hours since your inquiry now and our support already contacted you.

You also did not use the live chat which would have been even faster.

Is this correct or did we miss any communication?

I didn't use the option of live chat, I used the email option instead. The email was send around 17:00PM yesterday, Spanish time.

It may take them a few days, but hold on and wait. They will answer, but I expect they get hundreds of emails a day!

That's what I thought after I sent my email of a problem that occurred over the weekend and FairPlay to them they did get back to me on Tuesday.
Trouble is I sent them a reply saying I'd managed to fix my problem for now and Ive not received a reply yet acknowledging my answer so I don't know if they received it or not? which makes me a bit hesitent to carry out my planned upgrade to a better wheelrim, think I'll wait and see if any problems surface about the elite wheelbase 1st.

I doubt I'll get a definite answer, but it's worth a shot. When will the CSL Elite PS4 wheel be available in the US? I know there's some marketing stuff going on with the US release, but I'd love to know what sort of time frame we're looking at, as I'm really keen on getting myself one. :)👍

I doubt I'll get a definite answer, but it's worth a shot. When will the CSL Elite PS4 wheel be available in the US? I know there's some marketing stuff going on with the US release, but I'd love to know what sort of time frame we're looking at, as I'm really keen on getting myself one. :)👍
We honestly don't know. It is "just" a matter of getting paperworks done but this can take some time as it is not in our hands. We hope that it is a matter of weeks rather than months.

We honestly don't know. It is "just" a matter of getting paperworks done but this can take some time as it is not in our hands. We hope that it is a matter of weeks rather than months.

Can't wait to get my hands on one. I currently use a CSW V2 on my PS3/4. Curious to see what the driving experience difference may be on console.

If it came out sometime in July that'd be great! I really want one, as it will do both ps4 and xbox one, and it'll be nicer quality and won't overheat like my t300rs does.

Week ago got my set of CSL+CS pedals v3.
What can I say? Comparing with G29 it just totally next level for me. Precision of the wheel and pedals let me to switch off:ABS, stability control. I'm sht on driving, but even I can save the car in Project cars now (it was almost imposible to do this with G29), now in some situation I can handle the car in "almost drift" state while cornering. So, how it works in games:
PC - compatibility mode, but ok. A lot of settings and features works fine.
AC - works fine. Need just spend more time to check diff. settings.
GTS Beta - not good. Very sensitive and very strange FFB. Think just because of Beta state.
Dirt4 - works fine. But again, had no time to check settings.

If it came out sometime in July that'd be great! I really want one, as it will do both ps4 and xbox one, and it'll be nicer quality and won't overheat like my t300rs does.

You will be luckier if it comes out later than that as they might have fixed the rubbish 4 way switch on the PS4 wheel by then, mine broke and I got it working again it's now broken again and I've had to fix it again. I'm wondering how long it's going to be before it kicks the bucket altogether?

You will be luckier if it comes out later than that as they might have fixed the rubbish 4 way switch on the PS4 wheel by then, mine broke and I got it working again it's now broken again and I've had to fix it again. I'm wondering how long it's going to be before it kicks the bucket altogether?

You could always try and ask Fanatec to fix it for you, just a thought?
I've been using mine for hours and it's fine.

You could always try and ask Fanatec to fix it for you, just a thought?
I've been using mine for hours and it's fine.

I've tried that already, sent them an email about the problem and they replied after a couple of days requesting a video but by then I had got it working again. I replied to their email saying I couldn't video it as it had started working again and never received a reply.
It went faulty again last night but not as bad as the 1st time and a couple of wiggles got it working again and as I was in the middle of a session had no chance to try and video it.
The first time it broke it started off not working in 2 directions and then it progressed to staying in the position that I moved it to, this time it just stopped registering the input in 2 directions before it started working again.
I've now got to wait for it to go again so I can video it and get them to believe there is something wrong with it and anyway I don't fancy being stuck without a wheel while it goes back for them to check it.

I think the switch design is OK, as nobody else has had their one brake so far, or at least not posted a problem, so hopefully you just got a bad one.
When it next stops working, give up on the race you are in, video it and send the wheel rim back. Use the other wheel you used to use on your PS4 until Fanatec returns your fixed CSL.

If you don't have your old wheel, just wait, it's only a game. I very much doubt it's paying any of your bills, I'm sure you could play something else while the wheel is away?

I think the switch design is OK, as nobody else has had their one brake so far, or at least not posted a problem, so hopefully you just got a bad one.
When it next stops working, give up on the race you are in, video it and send the wheel rim back. Use the other wheel you used to use on your PS4 until Fanatec returns your fixed CSL.

If you don't have your old wheel, just wait, it's only a game. I very much doubt it's paying any of your bills, I'm sure you could play something else while the wheel is away?

Shows how observant you are, there is somebody else in this thread had the very same problem!

Ho well then, sorry, I'm a 'know nothing' total idiot for not seeing that post :boggled:

I tend to spend most of my day working, rather than going through forum posts, so I apologise on bended knees to you for not seeing the other button post.

But I do have a CSL with a working button :cheers:

Just send the wheel back, it's not going to get fixed by crying on a forum !

Have a nice life :lol:

I think every negative comment is more than welcome. So, please, share every single issue you are having with either PS4 compatibility or the product itself.
If you don't want to "turn against" Fanatec, spoil your name or just read irrelevant comments pointed to you how some users spend their time, just send me personal message. I would appreciate.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with negative comments/feedback as it helps identify issues and provide people with knowledge of potential issues.

I think where Sunbeam is coming from is this is not his first post on this and rather than arranging to have it properly repaired or replaced by Fanatec he his making multiple posts regarding the same issue. Yes he obviously has an issue with that button, so letting people know it has happened is not the issue, just get it sent back and put up with the minor inconvenience of having it repaired or replaced.

Paskowitz

Here is my reply

1. On PS4 you can use any of our steering wheels
2. No need
3. An EU wheel would work but you need an adapter for the power plug
4. Yes and yes
5. Absolutely. Check out AC for example
6. It will officially supported

I am anticipating the CSL elite ps4 availably for North America. I might be going forward with the purchase shortly upon available.

I have a question regarding the formula carbon rim and it’s functionality to this wheel base and use with the PS4 console.

Is it confirmed that the formula rim will work correctly with the ps4 csl elite base and ps4 console?

Does anyone here have both the new CSL elite ps4 and formula rim?

How is its support towards the ps4? Do all the buttons work, and or led indicator,

Any review or thoughts?

Does this work properly with Forza Horizon 3 (and FM7) on Windows 10?

I had issues in the past with PlayStation wheels and certain PC games.

While I plan to play GT Sport, I expect to play Forza Motorsport 7 and Project Cars 2 quite a bit (not to mention Dirt 4/Rally and Assetto Corsa) on PC.

The noise does sound quite bad.

Shame he couldn't explain more about the noise, like do we have to put up with that on every lap? Is it just on some cars, is it just on the bumps and rumble strips or random, how many parts of say the Nurburgring does this noise happen? He then moves on to grabby feedback vs smoothness, I don't think this part is in relation to the noise before anyone quotes saying it is.

Also, even in America this is how you spell "Neutral"

Perhaps by the time GT Sport lands someone might open up the base and figure out a way to minimize the noise. Doesn't seem to be many people out on youtube or in the forums that own this wheel yet.

Last edited:
Here's what I'd like to know in more detail from the reviewers doing in depth reviews....

How does this wheel base compare to the CSW V2 base on the PS4? I know the CSW V2 only worked on Project Cars and F-1 2015. However, curious minds want to know...If you take the Fanatec BMW or Porsche wheel rims, put them on the new CSL Elite base, how does it fair compared to the CSW V2 or even the V2.5? Huge downgrade, slight down grade, or almost comparable for PS4 use???

FMW
Here's what I'd like to know in more detail from the reviewers doing in depth reviews....

How does this wheel base compare to the CSW V2 base on the PS4? I know the CSW V2 only worked on Project Cars and F-1 2015. However, curious minds want to know...If you take the Fanatec BMW or Porsche wheel rims, put them on the new CSL Elite base, how does it fair compared to the CSW V2 or even the V2.5? Huge downgrade, slight down grade, or almost comparable for PS4 use???
The only data point we have for this is their comparative review of the CSWv2 against the Xbox CSL Elite (which came out in favor of the CSW being worth the price premium) and then this new review stating that they couldn't discern a difference in performance between the Xbox and PS4 CSL Elite bases.

Does this work properly with Forza Horizon 3 (and FM7) on Windows 10?

I had issues in the past with PlayStation wheels and certain PC games.

While I plan to play GT Sport, I expect to play Forza Motorsport 7 and Project Cars 2 quite a bit (not to mention Dirt 4/Rally and Assetto Corsa) on PC.
It works with Forza Apex.

Nice! RPM lights and all the rest? That's excellent news. I'll be picking up the CSL Elite PS4 edition as soon as it's available in the US.

Nice! RPM lights and all the rest? That's excellent news. I'll be picking up the CSL Elite PS4 edition as soon as it's available in the US.

no leds, they don t work on xbox one, too
maybe F7 don t know

The CSL is working fine, push the mode button after starting Forza for V2 Mode, only O Button is changed to Stickbutton of PS4 Rim.

I am anticipating the CSL elite ps4 availably for North America. I might be going forward with the purchase shortly upon available.

I have a question regarding the formula carbon rim and it’s functionality to this wheel base and use with the PS4 console.

Is it confirmed that the formula rim will work correctly with the ps4 csl elite base and ps4 console?

Does anyone here have both the new CSL elite ps4 and formula rim?

How is its support towards the ps4? Do all the buttons work, and or led indicator,

Any review or thoughts?

Just got mine F1 rim, and for me and my PS4 Pro it works ok. By that I mean that all buttons works correctly (at least i didn't find something bad). Tested with AC and pCars.

Just got mine F1 rim, and for me and my PS4 Pro it works ok. By that I mean that all buttons works correctly (at least i didn't find something bad). Tested with AC and pCars.

So you can turn on and off the TC / ABS and adjust the turbo pressure in Assetto Corsa with that steering wheel ??

Back