Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
So you can turn on and off the TC / ABS and adjust the turbo pressure in Assetto Corsa with that steering wheel ??
My original answer was for the question "Is it confirmed that the formula rim will work correctly with the ps4 csl elite base and ps4 console?"
So, how i said, all buttons looks normally mapped to the PS4 controller/game pad , except track pad of course.
Not sure i can switch TC/ABS in AC from the steering wheel.

My original answer was for the question "Is it confirmed that the formula rim will work correctly with the ps4 csl elite base and ps4 console?"
So, how i said, all buttons looks normally mapped to the PS4 controller/game pad , except track pad of course.
Not sure i can switch TC/ABS in AC from the steering wheel.

Ok, I was just curious

I’m planning to go back to fanatec with this CSL wheel but I need some advice with the stand. I play on my living room so I have no rig.

Back in the day, the wheelstand pro worked perfectly with my Porsche wheel, does it still work with the CSL/CSW base and pedals? I see fanatec has discounted that kind of product in their shop :(

Anyone can help me for a portable stand?

jkl
I’m planning to go back to fanatec with this CSL wheel but I need some advice with the stand. I play on my living room so I have no rig.

Back in the day, the wheelstand pro worked perfectly with my Porsche wheel, does it still work with the CSL/CSW base and pedals? I see fanatec has discounted that kind of product in their shop :(

Anyone can help me for a portable stand?

A friend of mine is using the Csl elite racing wheel with wheel stand pro and it's working just fine. Sure there are some other wheel stands on the market too that could be even better, the GT omega etc.

I was just looking at the CSL Elite on the Fanatec site and it says compatible with the Xbox and PC but doesn't list the PS4. Is there a V2 coming out or is it just a new rim that is coming out for the existing CSL Elite that will give it PS4 compatibility?

I was just looking at the CSL Elite on the Fanatec site and it says compatible with the Xbox and PC but doesn't list the PS4. Is there a V2 coming out or is it just a new rim that is coming out for the existing CSL Elite that will give it PS4 compatibility?

New base/wheel combo. You'll have to wait for the EPA to approve it to get a PS4 compatible wheel. They aren't selling the wheel separately from the base. I'm waiting as well.

New base/wheel combo. You'll have to wait for the EPA to approve it to get a PS4 compatible wheel. They aren't selling the wheel separately from the base. I'm waiting as well.

Ahh ok. Thanks for the quick answer.

psssst. The new Fanatec CSL Elite IS compatible with PS4...and comes complete with wheel base and wheel.

CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™

Officially licensed for PS4™
Through partnership with Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe, the CSL Elite Racing Wheel works seamless with all PS4™ and PS4™ Pro consoles. The wheel is fully supported within the PS4™ menu and developers will be able to take advantage of the wheels cutting-edge capabilities in their future games.

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/racin...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

psssst. The new Fanatec CSL Elite IS compatible with PS4...and comes complete with wheel base and wheel.

CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™

Officially licensed for PS4™
Through partnership with Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe, the CSL Elite Racing Wheel works seamless with all PS4™ and PS4™ Pro consoles. The wheel is fully supported within the PS4™ menu and developers will be able to take advantage of the wheels cutting-edge capabilities in their future games.

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/racin...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet
You are missing the key point: the PS4 CSL Elite is currently for sale in EU but not yet available on the Fanatec US site.

You are missing the key point: the PS4 CSL Elite is currently for sale in EU but not yet available on the Fanatec US site.

Didn't see he was referring to the Fanatec US site. Maybe he did earlier and I missed it.But yeah, it's not even listed in the Amazon US site either as yet. I searched just last night and haven't seen it. I find they're taking quite long to have it available in US if so since the EU availability came out at least one or two months ago. That's a bummer for one considering options.

Hey guys,

I would like to ask, does anyone have experience with both this wheel + rim combo and the Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer? I only saw the ISR comparison so far, but with on the hand I'm always looking for as much as possible. I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding between the two, seeing how they both seem excellent wheels based on reviews and at about the same price point in my country.

With the CSL, I'm somewhat concerned about PC compatibility, seeing how this is officially a PS4 licensed product, but Fanatec does list it as PC compatible. I'm really liking the base rim of the TS-PC Racer, but on the other hand, the on-the-fly adjustable nature of Fanatec wheels is a huge plus for me.

For a bit of context, I have the old Fanatec Porsche 911 Carrera wheel at the moment and had the chance to try their Forza CSR wheel in the past, which I really liked. Seeing how the CSR is not available any more I decided on the on CSL PS4 as compromise, as the XBOX version has a really cheap rim from what I saw and the one with the Formula rim is a bit too pricey for me.

Also, does Fanatac ever have sales on their wheels, is it worth waiting for them?

Any opinions would be welcome (still reading through the posts here), thanks in advance!

Another look at the CSL Elite. Gives a good idea of clunk in general play that other reviews don't show or explain.

Best jump to 12 mins in

Definitely not a wheel for late night driving while others are asleep like a G25 or PWTS would be. I love doing laps around the Nurburgring.

Will probably look into a Logitech wheel once GT Sport releases I'm sad to say. Thrustmaster reliability is poor and really can't see myself paying £600 for a CSL Elite set up with this amount of noise. Hopefully Fanatec can come up with new quieter version in 2018/19.

Another look at the CSL Elite. Gives a good idea of clunk in general play that other reviews don't show or explain.

Best jump to 12 mins in

Definitely not a wheel for late night driving while others are asleep like a G25 or PWTS would be. I love doing laps around the Nurburgring.

Will probably look into a Logitech wheel once GT Sport releases I'm sad to say. Thrustmaster reliability is poor and really can't see myself paying £600 for a CSL Elite set up with this amount of noise. Hopefully Fanatec can come up with new quieter version in 2018/19.

my setup is in the basement, everybody else is two floors up. I have and can play games with the volume on 11 at midnight if I wanted. Some clunking is not going to land me in hot water. ;)

My playseat is at the room next to the bedroom where my girlfriend and our 3 month old baby is sleeping. I usually play when they are asleep. The only game I've played with the CSL is Dirt 4 on PS4. My preferred FFB setting is 52%. There is sometimes some clunking, but I have asked and I have not received any complaint, even though half of the time I don't even close the door. Earlier I have owned G25, G27, G29, CSR, T300 Alcantara and T500 and for me the CSL is the best wheel.

Hi, guys i´m planning to get the new CSL-Racing Wheel for GT Sport.
Are there more reviews about the feeling and functionality with the GT Sport Beta so far?
As i mostly don´t play other racing games apart the GT-Series my main point for a PS4 wheel would be the handling with GT Sport.
I know it´s just a Beta but i don´t think PD will make big improvements at this point.

Hi, guys i´m planning to get the new CSL-Racing Wheel for GT Sport.
Are there more reviews about the feeling and functionality with the GT Sport Beta so far?
As i mostly don´t play other racing games apart the GT-Series my main point for a PS4 wheel would be the handling with GT Sport.
I know it´s just a Beta but i don´t think PD will make big improvements at this point.

The CSL E RW PS4 was not compatible with the GTS Beta so no reviews on the feeling can be made at this time.

You can tune to great FFB without nearly no clunk.

Can you explain how?

Don't suppose anyone would copy these settings and play Assetto on Nurburgring.

Still, there's a lot of time before GT Sport releases and we learn post release which wheels work properly. If PD for whatever reason mess up the support on the CSL then I'd be forced to look at a G29, maybe even a used t500 if that works better.

Hi,

I have played all night on my CSL PS4 with the FFB on 0, 5, 10 and 20%.

I can confirm the lower the FFB, the less clunk!

0% gives absolutely NO cluck, and also no FFB !!

15% gives ever so slight FFB, but no clunk!
25% gives more FFB and so little clunk, it's not worth worrying about !

My rig is in the loft right above my sleeping family's heads !!!

About clunky wheels, I'm an Xbox gamer (I apologize) and I've owned the second issue Microsoft WRW. When I had it, my setup was in my bedroom, in the apartment I shared with my wife. One would be surprised with what I got away with back then. The WRW was a chunky rattle trap. Just sayin.

The thing I'm most interested in, which I don't think has been asked yet, is why is the CSL-E clunky? What is causing the noise? Being a belt driven wheel, I wouldn't expect it to be so clunky. Maybe Thomas can shed some light on that. If it's simply a by-product of the motor they use, then it's not a big deal, but if it's coming from the belt mechanism, then it is a cause for concern. If the belt mechanism can't handle the torque from the motor, the belt will stretch and/or fail quite quickly. As someone who currently is out of sim racing thanks to my Fanatec wheel sitting in pieces on the floor while I look for a replacement belt for the one which has stretched, I'm not really keen on pulling my next wheel apart any time soon lol.

Can you explain how?

Don't suppose anyone would copy these settings and play Assetto on Nurburgring.

Still, there's a lot of time before GT Sport releases and we learn post release which wheels work properly. If PD for whatever reason mess up the support on the CSL then I'd be forced to look at a G29, maybe even a used t500 if that works better.

Assetto Corsa, Nordschleife, BMW Z4 GT3

Windows driver:
Wheel angle: 1080
Damping 100%

Wheel SEN AUT
FFB 100
DRI 0
FOR 100
SPR 0
DPR 0

ingame:
Gain 80