Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
Thank you for the invitation đź‘Ť but it will be hard for me to find so much time and I like to play offline.:)
Only offline for me as well! I tried to play GTS online in pre-Beta, Open Beta and after release but cannot get used to the behavior of many roadwreckers and I failed my anger management course several times already...I'm getting too old for this :lol:
Basicly it is hotlapping/timetrials in AC and PCars2 for me and then compare the leaderboards.

And recently I discovered custom championships against AI.
In general I meant that I also race longer stints of 4-5 hours per session and that multiple times per week. After a intense race I take off my VR goggles and hear the fan blowing and after a couple of seconds of resting and selecting another combi I continue. So far my wheel(s) have had no problem with usage of hours of continues using.

I usually play once in a week that's why when I sit down to play it means about five hours almost non stop hard play.I know this is extreme and rare, but that's my way.I have Logitech DFGT and Thrustmaster T150.The DFGT have terrible overheating.The T150 have a decent cooling but still unable to withstand 5 hours hard play,that's what I did a cooling mod and with this mod there is no loss(zero loss) from heat fade after 5 hours hard play,even in the hottest summer days and the wheel still works perfectly after two years of use.
About the heavy force feedback.You may find this setting for crazy and unrealistic but this is the setting which gives me the most information on when the rear of the car begins and how much it slides,this is the most important to me.I do not care to feel bumps,curbs,other details and I do not care about clipping.

I've played for far longer than 5 hours continuously with this wheel and have had no fade at all. I have no idea what you mean when you say you need your FFB unrealistically strong to feel when the back end loses grip. I play a lot of AC, and I have the FFB set to a realistic weight (so not too light, but certainly not too heavy), and I get all the information I need from the wheel. I can drift very well, and can confidently drive any car on the game quickly. I also don't see how not feeling any bumps from the road would help your driving, as for me, I want to feel every bump and detail the road has, as that information is vital to knowing where your car will be unsettled on fast laps. Not feeling any bumps would just be removing the information about the road surface, which to me is vital to being fast. Lastly, clipping out detail makes absolutely no sense, especially on a wheel base as powerful as the CSLE. I understand clipping a bit on an old and/or weak wheel like a DFGT or T150, if wheel weight is really that important to you, but I've had my CSLE cranked to max when testing it, and I have no idea why anyone would use it like that, it feels like turning it through half set resin, in no way realistic...

20171209_221855.jpg
20171209_221852.jpg
I am loving it so far. Its strong as hell, especially for someone coming from the G29

My Order from Amazon UK has been Cancelled. Really unhappy. They took over 5 Days to tell me that when It's meant to be Delivered today. The only option now is to Order the CSL Elite Servo Wheel on It's own from Amazon UK which is ÂŁ539.99, The CSL Elite Starter Pack Including the CSL Elite Pedals cost ÂŁ579.99 and Fanatec have told me they are not expecting further stock of this till March 2018. I'm not waiting over 3 Months to have a Wheel ready.

Currently attempting to reach out to them directly over the phone to see If they can sort me out a specified price for the V3 Pedals on their own as It's the only Pedal Set In Stock currently (Seeing as I was unable to Order the V3 Inverted Pedals during Black Friday due to the Website Issues) as I still have to Order the CSL Elite Servo from Amazon UK for ÂŁ539.99. No ones picking up currently via the Sales Line :confused:

@Fanatec... Thomas is there anyway you'd be able to assist or reach out to me directly to make my Christmas? :gtplanet:

My Order from Amazon UK has been Cancelled. Really unhappy. They took over 5 Days to tell me that when It's meant to be Delivered today. The only option now is to Order the CSL Elite Servo Wheel on It's own from Amazon UK which is ÂŁ539.99, The CSL Elite Starter Pack Including the CSL Elite Pedals cost ÂŁ579.99 and Fanatec have told me they are not expecting further stock of this till March 2018. I'm not waiting over 3 Months to have a Wheel ready.

Currently attempting to reach out to them directly over the phone to see If they can sort me out a specified price for the V3 Pedals on their own as It's the only Pedal Set In Stock currently (Seeing as I was unable to Order the V3 Inverted Pedals during Black Friday due to the Website Issues) as I still have to Order the CSL Elite Servo from Amazon UK for ÂŁ539.99. No ones picking up currently via the Sales Line :confused:

@Fanatec... Thomas is there anyway you'd be able to assist or reach out to me directly to make my Christmas? :gtplanet:
Man you have Some badluck! First faulty TM gear now delivery problems! Hopefully you’ll enjoy Christmas just as well! Good luck!

I wanted to suggest trying ordering from the Fanatec website. But apparantly the CSL pedals or out of stock till 29-12 there as well. If you have the budget, maybe go for the V3 instead with the base?

Last edited:
.......The CSL Elite Starter Pack Including the CSL Elite Pedals cost ÂŁ579.99 and Fanatec have told me they are not expecting further stock of this till March 2018.....

Do you know if the CSL Elite PS4 Starter Pack Bundle (Wheel, base and basic 2-pedal set) is also out of stock directly from Fanatec US? I've been contemplating getting one from Fanatec US, hoping they have a discount sale for the Christmas seeing it wasn't offered on the Black Friday sale. I hadn't seen it as out of stock in their US site when I was checking recently.

Do you know if the CSL Elite PS4 Starter Pack Bundle (Wheel, base and basic 2-pedal set) is also out of stock directly from Fanatec US? I've been contemplating getting one from Fanatec US, hoping they have a discount sale for the Christmas seeing it wasn't offered on the Black Friday sale. I hadn't seen it as out of stock in their US site when I was checking recently.

I ordered mine about 10 days ago and received it over the weekend. So they should still be in stock

Nope none In Stock except the V3's should be the same for the US Website as the Stock comes from the same place as far as I'm aware.

Still awaiting what I'm going to be able to do :(

Nope none In Stock except the V3's should be the same for the US Website as the Stock comes from the same place as far as I'm aware.

Still awaiting what I'm going to be able to do :(

Could be why they didn't have it offered in the Black Friday sale recently. Probably didn't have enough in stock.

EDIT: Just now checked the North American site. It's not indicating it's not in stock though.

https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/modul...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Last edited:
So fanatec sent me the part to fix my wheel but the new part arrived at me broken. It was enclosed in an envelope with bubbles. Not a hard box or something. . . . . . .

Very disappointed. Fast response but come on such a delicate sensor on in envelope?

Attachments

• 15134313176801898585634.jpg
    15134313176801898585634.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 418
  • 1513431515365-388531905.jpg
    1513431515365-388531905.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
So fanatec sent me the part to fix my wheel but the new part arrived at me broken. It was enclosed in an envelope with bubbles. Not a hard box or something.

Very disappointed. Fast response but come on such a delicate sensor on an envelope?
What part is it?

Might seemome a silly question but does the playstation button the wheel wake up the Ps4? Because it doesn't on mine. I have to use a regular controller then the Ps4 will recognize the wheel. And also that little led right above the ps button doesn't light up. Everything else works fine

Might seemome a silly question but does the playstation button the wheel wake up the Ps4? Because it doesn't on mine. I have to use a regular controller then the Ps4 will recognize the wheel. And also that little led right above the ps button doesn't light up. Everything else works fine

Nope, you cant use the wheel to wake up the PS4. Propably a hardware limitation from Sony as it's not possible with Thrustmaster or Logitech wheels either.

What part is it?

It is a sensor that sees the position of the wheel.

The thing is that Fanatec sent it to me enclosed in an envelope with internal bubble lining. I went to the courier and received the envelope but didn't opened it. The envelope was almost in perfect condition (externally). There was no fragile sticker or something. When i open it i saw the sensor broken, like someone steped on it . . . .
I was waiting about a week for this sensor and i received it broken. I think they should wrap it carefully and put it in a carton box with fragile stickers all over it. I mailed Fanatec to send me another one as soon as they can. Yesterday i was very angry with them. I can realise that it was not much of their fault, but this kind of part should not be shipped like this.
I called a friend of mine that works with electronics to try fix the sensor. I have my wheel since December 6th and can not use it. I just want to race with my wheel . . . . . .

It is a sensor that sees the position of the wheel.

The thing is that Fanatec sent it to me enclosed in an envelope with internal bubble lining. I went to the courier and received the envelope but didn't opened it. The envelope was almost in perfect condition (externally). There was no fragile sticker or something. When i open it i saw the sensor broken, like someone steped on it . . . .
I was waiting about a week for this sensor and i received it broken. I think they should wrap it carefully and put it in a carton box with fragile stickers all over it. I mailed Fanatec to send me another one as soon as they can. Yesterday i was very angry with them. I can realise that it was not much of their fault, but this kind of part should not be shipped like this.
I called a friend of mine that works with electronics to try fix the sensor. I have my wheel since December 6th and can not use it. I just want to race with my wheel . . . . . .
Maybe you should ask they ship you a new wheel, while you ship the broken one back?

So my friend managed to fix (for now) the sensor but the pedals(csl elite no LC) do not work. I am tired of this. 2 of 3 products do not work at all. Last chance .

For the people who play gt sport, how do you go about making adjustments to brake balance, fuel control or traction on the fly? Do you keep a controller near by or just say eff it and don't?

For the people who play gt sport, how do you go about making adjustments to brake balance, fuel control or traction on the fly? Do you keep a controller near by or just say eff it and don't?
I changed the up, down, left and right keys to mfd functions - works well for me on my wheel left/right to change function and up / down to vary tc, brake balance etc..

Sorry didn't read the title - but it should work for a CSL wheel as well - if you are using the G29 emulation, just change the G29 settings and you are good to go.

edit: spelling

So the broken sensor is ok .
The pedals had a defective cable, the one that goes to the wheelbase. My good friend repaired that too. It had a slightly deformed connector that cause bad connection.

Now that all the problems fixed the i calmed down. I was so frustrated about this . . . . . .
Just imagine receiving a defected wheel, wait 1 week to receive the replacement part , the part arrives broken , you manage to fix the part temporarily , and then you find that the pedals also do not work at all.

The wheel works perfect now. i hope it will keep working like this until Tech support sends me a new sensor.

This wheel is way ahead from TM t300rs and t500rs, don't now about tgt. It is sooooo smooth, no cogging. It is a pity that they do not have a good quality control when they can produce so good products.

Finally. After weeks of trying I’m now getting My CSL Elite delivered latest by Friday from Amazon by Fanatec. However I had to purchase th CSL Elite Pedals separately from person on eBay. Lost a difference of £50 not buying them as the Starter Bundle as it’s been out of stock since they cancelled my order but im not waiting till March for that. Wanted to get back onto GT Sport for the December Update which will hopefully incorporate this supposed Native Fanatec Support.

Finally. After weeks of trying I’m now getting My CSL Elite delivered latest by Friday from Amazon by Fanatec. However I had to purchase th CSL Elite Pedals separately from person on eBay. Lost a difference of £50 not buying them as the Starter Bundle as it’s been out of stock since they cancelled my order but im not waiting till March for that. Wanted to get back onto GT Sport for the December Update which will hopefully incorporate this supposed Native Fanatec Support.
Hopefully your bad luck wont follow you to Fanatec!

If anyones interested. Need For Speed Payback just added wheel support for logitech G29 Ps4 and logitech G290. I just plugged in my Fanatec CSL Elite Ps4 wheel and it works both in Ps4 blue mode and G29 Purple mode.

Back