Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
For the people who play gt sport, how do you go about making adjustments to brake balance, fuel control or traction on the fly? Do you keep a controller near by or just say eff it and don't?

In purple mode, the CSL Elite is emulating a G29, so if you go into controller settings, you can adjust the G29 controls so you can use the joystick on the CSL elite for fuel, TCS, etc. on the fly.

If anyones interested. Need For Speed Payback just added wheel support for logitech G29 Ps4 and logitech G290. I just plugged in my Fanatec CSL Elite Ps4 wheel and it works both in Ps4 blue mode and G29 Purple mode.

This is awesome to hear as I'm currently playing this at the moment in my downtime whilst I haven't had a Rim for the last couple months. Glad to see Logitech wasn't the only Wheel to be Supported Officially then If It works in Blue Mode!

Any news on the official support for the wheel in GT Sport ?

Finally. After weeks of trying I’m now getting My CSL Elite delivered latest by Friday from Amazon by Fanatec. However I had to purchase th CSL Elite Pedals separately from person on eBay. Lost a difference of £50 not buying them as the Starter Bundle as it’s been out of stock since they cancelled my order but im not waiting till March for that. Wanted to get back onto GT Sport for the December Update which will hopefully incorporate this supposed Native Fanatec Support.

I've read in a few places that the CSL elite is expected to be officially supported this year. Is there really still time for a December update with this fix? By this Thursday my office is shut down till next year. Alot of my friends in gaming industry are pretty much shut down as well. If we don't see it this week im guessing it may not come for several weeks more.

GT Sport 1.10 does not add blue mode support for the CSL Elite. Looks like we won’t get that this year. (In fairness, I never saw an official source say that it was coming this year. I think it was just something that came up in the telephone game.)

Yes, Disappointing but I’m confident the Support will come. Down to PD undoubtedly being late to the game.

Perhaps any new news you have to share no matter how small we’ll all appreciate it - @Fanatec...

Quote from Thomas around GT Sport some months ago,
“GT Sports works well in compatibility mode so please go ahead and enjoy this game. No need to wait for anything. They are working on the implementation of advanced features which are not needed to play the game but will add to the experience. Kazunori Yamauchi himself assured me that this implementation will happen within this year.”

GT Sport 1.10 does not add blue mode support for the CSL Elite. Looks like we won’t get that this year. (In fairness, I never saw an official source say that it was coming this year. I think it was just something that came up in the telephone game.)
Yeah, pretty bummed by this. I'm fairly certain Thomas did mention that it was coming before the end of the year in one of his blog or forum posts. I've been more excited about native Fanatec support more than I was anything else about this update. Thought for sure this was going to be the one.

EDIT: I was mistaken. This announcement is the only thing I can find and it just mentions that Polyphony assured them it was coming. I could have sworn I saw the end of the year mentioned somewhere in some official capacity.

I still maintain that if Fanatec could implement a deadzone setting in the firmware, Purple mode would effectively be just as good as Blue mode.

I still maintain that if Fanatec could implement a deadzone setting in the firmware, Purple mode would effectively be just as good as Blue mode.

After a couple of hours of play I Just sometimes can't get around the Deadzone on it. I'm Oversteering then Understeering all at the same time. Was doing the FIA Races this evening and was so off the pace Just because I couldn't get the right centre point coming out of the Turns in the Renault RS-01. It's playable for sure. But I can't be 100% Quick coming out the corners because of the Deadzone. I absolutely love the Wheel but this Fanatec Native Support needs to be patched in pronto.

Yeah, pretty bummed by this. I'm fairly certain Thomas did mention that it was coming before the end of the year in one of his blog or forum posts. I've been more excited about native Fanatec support more than I was anything else about this update. Thought for sure this was going to be the one.

EDIT: I was mistaken. This announcement is the only thing I can find and it just mentions that Polyphony assured them it was coming. I could have sworn I saw the end of the year mentioned somewhere in some official capacity.
It was claimed in a few weeks by Thomas. When I asked back in October. But in all fairness it is polyphony who are the one who need to implement it.

EDIT: I was mistaken. This announcement is the only thing I can find and it just mentions that Polyphony assured them it was coming. I could have sworn I saw the end of the year mentioned somewhere in some official capacity.[/QUOTE

You aren't mistaken. The part that reads full implementation by the end of the year has been edited and removed from Fanatec's site

Trust me the people at PD are working to get it implemented. Give them time, all the other wheels GT Sport currently supports have been out much longer than the CSL Elite, it takes some time to implement and test all these things.

Everyone just needs to start humming all the Gran Turismo theme songs and say 5 hail Kazunoris per day and we will be blessed with full support soon enough. :)

Last edited:

this was the original quote
GT Sports works well in compatibility mode so please go ahead and enjoy this game. No need to wait for anything. They are working on the implementation of advanced features which are not needed to play the game but will add to the experience. Kazunori Yamauchi himself assured me that this implementation will happen within this year.

This is the reponse i got back from Fanatec. what gets me is what i have highlighted in Bold. It indicates its not there problem as its not an official ps4 racing wheel

Dear Nadiem,

I have just tried to call you at 0044 xxxxxxxxxx but the number is not recognized. Would you be so kind to provide me a valid one?

In any base be aware that - as explained on our website https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/right-of-revocation-for-german-customers.html - it´s not possible to return a product after 3 months from purchase date. Furthermore I would like to inform you that we have never advertised the CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™ - https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/racin...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet - as XBox One compatible on our website but XBox One ready. XBox One ready means that to be able to use the base also on Xbox One consoles a Fanatec XBox One compatible steering wheel is required (ex. the CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 that you have ordered on the 28th of November).

Best regards / Freundliche Grüße

Roberto Zandi

(Fanatec Support Team)

Νι
This is the reponse i got back from Fanatec. what gets me is what i have highlighted in Bold. It indicates its not there problem as its not an official ps4 racing wheel

Dear Nadiem,

I have just tried to call you at 0044 xxxxxxxxxx but the number is not recognized. Would you be so kind to provide me a valid one?

In any base be aware that - as explained on our website https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/right-of-revocation-for-german-customers.html - it´s not possible to return a product after 3 months from purchase date. Furthermore I would like to inform you that we have never advertised the CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™ - https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/racin...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet - as XBox One compatible on our website but XBox One ready. XBox One ready means that to be able to use the base also on Xbox One consoles a Fanatec XBox One compatible steering wheel is required (ex. the CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 that you have ordered on the 28th of November).

Roberto Zandi

(Fanatec Support Team)
You are reading wrong your post.

Dear Nadiem,

Roberto Zandi

(Fanatec Support Team)

Nothing you have posted makes any sense. They have said that out of the box it won't support Xbox use (which would require you to purchase an Xbox compatible steering wheel for the base, as Xbox support is dependent on the wheel, while PS4 support is dependent on the base). This has nothing to do with being an official PS4 wheel, which it obviously is.

It just sounds like you were very misguided or misinformed before making your purchase. And then waited way too long before trying to return it? I am sure you can find someone to sell it to if needed.

Been thinking of selling my T300 Alacantera for this wheel recently but watching videos, reviews and owner impressions it seems this wheel has a massive deadzone in the centre of the wheel...is that the general census on here? The T300 feels very good at the centre and would hate to change wheels and have no feeling in games on straights.

No feeling in the centre of the wheel.
I've heard it's quite the opposite. I have a CSW 2.5, so that can be different, but there is no deadzone at all. Most people seem to think it's the other way around, more feeling in the center compared to TM wheels, causing some wobble in games that are used to a wheel having a deadzone.

I've heard it's quite the opposite. I have a CSW 2.5, so that can be different, but there is no deadzone at all. Most people seem to think it's the other way around, more feeling in the center compared to TM wheels, causing some wobble in games that are used to a wheel having a deadzone.
CSW 2.5 also and I can't feel a deadzone either - wheel DRI -02

Been thinking of selling my T300 Alacantera for this wheel recently but watching videos, reviews and owner impressions it seems this wheel has a massive deadzone in the centre of the wheel...is that the general census on here? The T300 feels very good at the centre and would hate to change wheels and have no feeling in games on straights.
I suspect he means the reported on center oscillatotion. A known issue because of the Logitech compatibility mode (because Logitechs do have a deadzone). I was told it isn’t there in games with “blue mode” support. Can anyone confirm?

I suspect he means the reported on center oscillatotion. A known issue because of the Logitech compatibility mode (because Logitechs do have a deadzone). I was told it isn’t there in games with “blue mode” support. Can anyone confirm?

Yeah there isn't really a deadzone, but because it is imitating a G29 it has a bit of an on center issue in some circumstances.

I have used the CSL Elite on Assetto Corsa on PS4 and PC and there definitely is no on center issue or deadzone. Really looking forward to full support from PD, should improve the wheel a lot in GT Sport.

Definitely not true. If you are planning on only using the wheel for GT Sport it might be worth waiting for PD to implement full support so you can use it with no on center torque issue. But turning down the SPR (spring) setting on the wheel helps minimize it a bit.

Basically the problem comes from the G29 (which the CSL Elite is emulating in Purple mode) having a deadzone, PD updated GT Sport to better accommodate that deadzone and make the G29 feel better in game. But because the CSL doesn't really have that it causes a slight torquing in some cases when moving the wheel slowly over the center point.

I have completed the entire campaign and won a ton of online races without any real issue with my CSL Elite, but it won't be quite perfect until PD implements full support. This will get rid of this particular issue, and should likely make the wheel feel even better to drive in GT Sport.

Definitely not true. If you are planning on only using the wheel for GT Sport it might be worth waiting for PD to implement full support so you can use it with no on center torque issue. But turning down the SPR (spring) setting on the wheel helps minimize it a bit.

Basically the problem comes from the G29 (which the CSL Elite is emulating in Purple mode) having a deadzone, PD updated GT Sport to better accommodate that deadzone and make the G29 feel better in game. But because the CSL doesn't really have that it causes a slight torquing in some cases when moving the wheel slowly over the center point.

I have completed the entire campaign and won a ton of online races without any real issue with my CSL Elite, but it won't be quite perfect until PD implements full support. This will get rid of this particular issue, and should likely make the wheel feel even better to drive in GT Sport.
All correct. And while the best solution would be for Polyphony to simply add proper support, we know how slowly they work. Fanatec on the other hand has also had a solution to this problem on their past products (at least on my old GT3 RS) by having a deadzone setting in the firmware, which allowed you to create an artificial deadzone for the wheel. This was included precisely because of issues with Logitech emulation. They clearly have little to no control over Polyphony, but it seems to me that they could implement the deadzone option as a stopgap solution. Granted, the oscillation now is not that bad (except on the SRT Tomahawk).

Back