Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
I have a csl elite for PS4 and was playing project cars last night. When not moving the wheel always centers and is to stiff to move. I can turn down spring to like 70 and that makes it better. But my real question is I heard the gears inside the csl pop and slip. I am worried about damage. Is their any type of slip mechanism built in to prevent damage or is that slip and pop noise teeth being ground away? What should low speed spring coefficient and low speed spring saturation be set to in project cars to prevent this? Please help.

I have a csl elite for PS4 and was playing project cars last night. When not moving the wheel always centers and is to stiff to move. I can turn down spring to like 70 and that makes it better. But my real question is I heard the gears inside the csl pop and slip. I am worried about damage. Is their any type of slip mechanism built in to prevent damage or is that slip and pop noise teeth being ground away? What should low speed spring coefficient and low speed spring saturation be set to in project cars to prevent this? Please help.

Check FEI settings. Set it to off and if you feel the same call Tech support

Do yo hear the noise while being in the menu of the game? This should not happen. If you hear the noise while driving in game you can dial down FEI and play with DRI settings between -5 to Off. Fanatec confirmed in one of their blogs that the wheel should not be damaged by game ffb impact.

what are you guys using for degrees of rotation? and does any one know if its possible to adjust it on the fly using the wheel or only through the computer?

On the whee u can change it. different games use different settings. Forza 7 is only up 900, project cars is 1080. Just try to make sure your setting in game matches your wheels setting

I'm using the wheel tuning SEN: Aut. So it should be good for all games. I just noticed that in-game GTS the Porsche GT3 RSR wheel degree does not fit with my wheel movements. Maybe I have to tweak it dependent on the car?!

I'm using the wheel tuning SEN: Aut. So it should be good for all games. I just noticed that in-game GTS the Porsche GT3 RSR wheel degree does not fit with my wheel movements. Maybe I have to tweak it dependent on the car?!

In gts it does not work. You have to adjust it

Quite frustrated with my CSL Elite on GT Sport after today. Was in a FIA Nations race and went around a corner the very next second my wheel is 90 degrees to the side. I've been experiencing my wheel going off center every single day, and wondering if there is any way around fixing this issue.

I don't think there is a fix. If so that would be wonderful. Otherwise I might as well just put my fanatec stuff to the side and pull the G29 back out. I can't stand my wheel goes off center every day anymore.

Blahhh :banghead: :irked: :ouch: :grumpy:

If I can get some help that would be very appreciated. :cheers:

Back to what I was asking. I did set fei to 0 and drift to off and I can still replicate noise. My wheel at about 90° when playing project cars 1 will make a stripping gear teeth nose if I pull lots of feedback around the corner. Same noise as if you tried to turn the wheel to fast or to hard to fight feedback. (if that nose is even normal when turning to hard at slow speeds) idk? I hope someone can tell me this is ok and part of design. My wheel never uncenters... Such a scary nose on a 500 new toy. Anyone ever grab your wheel in menu and try to turn it and forget it pretty tight in the menu and you hear that clicking stripping sounding noise. That's what I'm talking about. Insight please!!!!

Back to what I was asking. I did set fei to 0 and drift to off and I can still replicate noise. My wheel at about 90° when playing project cars 1 will make a stripping gear teeth nose if I pull lots of feedback around the corner. Same noise as if you tried to turn the wheel to fast or to hard to fight feedback. (if that nose is even normal when turning to hard at slow speeds) idk? I hope someone can tell me this is ok and part of design. My wheel never uncenters... Such a scary nose on a 500 new toy. Anyone ever grab your wheel in menu and try to turn it and forget it pretty tight in the menu and you hear that clicking stripping sounding noise. That's what I'm talking about. Insight please!!!!
If you think there is something wrong with your wheel make a video and contact Fanatec support.

I never owned a wheel before. I don't know what it's supposed to do and not do lol
Then make a video and show us.It is difficult to tell just from your description and if you send this video to Fanatec support they will tell you for sure whether this is normal or not.

Last edited:
From what I can read (differents forums including the fanatec one) the centering issue in GTS is pretty common and is not related to hardware as people seem to have it only in this game...

I didn't try my wheel on PS4/GTS yet.

From what I can read (differents forums including the fanatec one) the centering issue in GTS is pretty common and is not related to hardware as people seem to have it only in this game...

I didn't try my wheel on PS4/GTS yet.

I'm using the wheel since 6 days in GTS, every day between 5 and 7 hours in a row. I've never experienced any centering issue.
I don't think the issue is something normal with GTS, since in the Fanatec forum it is rare to read something about that, an not as stated "pretty common".
Having such an issue it would be wiser to get directly in touch with Fanatec.

Quite frustrated with my CSL Elite on GT Sport after today. Was in a FIA Nations race and went around a corner the very next second my wheel is 90 degrees to the side. I've been experiencing my wheel going off center every single day, and wondering if there is any way around fixing this issue.

I don't think there is a fix. If so that would be wonderful. Otherwise I might as well just put my fanatec stuff to the side and pull the G29 back out. I can't stand my wheel goes off center every day anymore.

My wheel has definitely never gone off center. The "on-center" issue with GT Sport is just a slight torque when the wheel is centered. Contact Fanatec support and let them know.

You could also try to do a firmware update and recalibration.

First of all Happy New Year to all. Let's hope for a better year with peace and joy.:cheers::cheers::lol::lol:

I could tell you that your Code wheel sensor is faulty. I had a deαd wheel cause of this sensor and the first sensor that i received from Fanatec support was broken through shipping. A friend of mine fixed it as better as he could and indeed the wheel was working good until i replaced the fixed one with a brand new sensor. While i used the fixed one i had the same problem especially when i was trying to catch fast oversteering. Now that i have the new one everything is perfect.

What are the settings on your wheel and in gt sport. I play gts daily and never loose calibration on my wheel.

My in-game settings are FF-Torque 1, FF Sens 1.
Wheel Settings- Sen -Auto. FF - 100. Sho - 100. ABS - 100. DR1 -5 For - 100. Spr - Off DPR - Off. Fei - 90

My wheel will come un-centered regularly. I'm talking I can't get in a lap without it not coming off center. I feel like it happens when I hit a curb on a turn or exiting.

I am very new to the Wheel game so any help with the settings would be greatly appreciated.

Wheel Settings- Sen -Auto. FF - 100. Sho - 100. ABS - 100. DR1 -5 For - 100. Spr - Off DPR - Off. Fei - 90

My wheel will come un-centered regularly. I'm talking I can't get in a lap without it not coming off center. I feel like it happens when I hit a curb on a turn or exiting.

I am very new to the Wheel game so any help with the settings would be greatly appreciated.

After trying a lot of settings, I reset my Wheel and using the standards from Fanatec, honestly after a while it feels amazing, but I never had a center problem, the only thing is the light whoopeling before the race starts, but that's ok for me. Did you made the calibration for the wheel after the firmware update? If yes its sound more like a issue with your wheel.

Try maybe turning your in game setting to 3 both, shouldn't clip there. Might be lacking signal to recenter properly. Or turn fei off completely. That's a new part of the firmware if their was anything to look at first it would be fei...

Fanatec says that if SPR IS OFF or in low values might come off centered. Read the manual.

I have it all way up to 100. Even at 60 i have no problem at all.

Fanatec says that if SPR IS OFF or in low values might come off centered. Read the manual.

I have it all way up to 100. Even at 60 i have no problem at all.

Yeah I run SPR around 60 and never had any issues, would make sense when it is turned off completely the wheel might go off center. I would guess that is definitely the issue. Easy fix.

Okay so I’ve reset everything back to standard and started to change settings from there. The results are a little better but not much. My wheel still gets off centered often. I’ve tried tinkering with in game settings to 3. Turned off FEI and gradually raised. Nothing seems to really effect the end result. The image shows how my wheel is after a lap.

Attachments

• 89DA87D2-6361-4BFE-B9AF-D44A431D5B5D.jpeg
    89DA87D2-6361-4BFE-B9AF-D44A431D5B5D.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 46
  • FB22EB2E-7D9E-4C7F-BACE-2C736749B271.jpeg
    FB22EB2E-7D9E-4C7F-BACE-2C736749B271.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 46
Okay so I’ve reset everything back to standard and started to change settings from there. The results are a little better but not much. My wheel still gets off centered often. I’ve tried tinkering with in game settings to 3. Turned off FEI and gradually raised. Nothing seems to really effect the end result. The image shows how my wheel is after a lap.
I had this with a Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel years ago, directly from new. It's almost certainly a broken codewheel sensor. A replacement sensor fixed mine and it remained centered perfectly afterwards.

As skazz said it should be a faulty code wheel sensor. E-mail Fanatec support .

Back