Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
As skazz said it should be a faulty code wheel sensor. E-mail Fanatec support .

That's a little bad luck for me I guess. Brand new out of the box and never worked correctly. Oh well, I sent a support ticket but looks like the best way to get them on chat or phone during their hours.

Thanks for the help guys! Wish me luck lol

That's a little bad luck for me I guess. Brand new out of the box and never worked correctly. Oh well, I sent a support ticket but looks like the best way to get them on chat or phone during their hours.

Thanks for the help guys! Wish me luck lol
I opened up a support ticket yesterday, early afternoon PST, and haven't received a response. I've this morning to get on the live chat with them but it was never available from 7am-9am PST.

I wonder if they're just extremely busy right now.

Hi guys. My fanatec csl elite racing disconected 3 times in the Last 20 minutes. It was all fine for about one and a half hour of playing and then it tuned off automatically while playing. I Turned it on again and in 10 minutes turned off again. That happened again for a third time few minutes later and i decided to write it here.
The wheel base is not Hot... But the fan is working very loud And i havent experienced a problem like this Before (bought the wheel 2 months ago)

Hi guys. My fanatec csl elite racing disconected 3 times in the Last 20 minutes. It was all fine for about one and a half hour of playing and then it tuned off automatically while playing. I Turned it on again and in 10 minutes turned off again. That happened again for a third time few minutes later and i decided to write it here.
The wheel base is not Hot... But the fan is working very loud And i havent experienced a problem like this Before (bought the wheel 2 months ago)
Ha, same thing happened to me. Once when I first got the wheel then it came back this week. Fanatec finally got back to me this morning and they think it's a power supply issue (The connector specifically) so they're sending me a new one. I personally think it's with the power jack on the wheel but we'll see.

If you lightly tap the power cable or move the wheel base in anyway does it turn off?

Ha, same thing happened to me. Once when I first got the wheel then it came back this week. Fanatec finally got back to me this morning and they think it's a power supply issue (The connector specifically) so they're sending me a new one. I personally think it's with the power jack on the wheel but we'll see.

If you lightly tap the power cable or move the wheel base in anyway does it turn off?

At least you knew that there was a problem as it happened to you in the first Day... And i believe you report it. But how Many Days later did it appear again?

Also please tell me what do you mean by'' moving the wheelbase in Anyway' '?

By tapping the power cable i am right that you mean plug and unplug the cable from the wheel base?Or you mean slightly Press it inside.

Notice :Last night after the problem occured for a third time i disconected the wheelbase and put the plug into another socket,unplugged the power cable from the wheel base too and closed the Ps4.

Half an hour later i turned it on again.I managed to play without any problems for about an hour. I will try today to play over 3 hours continuously to check If there is a problem again and i will Come back here to give feedback.

At least you knew that there was a problem as it happened to you in the first Day... And i believe you report it. But how Many Days later did it appear again?

Also please tell me what do you mean by'' moving the wheelbase in Anyway' '?

By tapping the power cable i am right that you mean plug and unplug the cable from the wheel base?Or you mean slightly Press it inside.

Notice :Last night after the problem occured for a third time i disconected the wheelbase and put the plug into another socket,unplugged the power cable from the wheel base too and closed the Ps4.

Half an hour later i turned it on again.I managed to play without any problems for about an hour. I will try today to play over 3 hours continuously to check If there is a problem again and i will Come back here to give feedback.
I got the wheel in October and the issue started up again this week.

Initially it was so bad that if I would slam into a wall, that jolt in vibration/FFB would cause the wheel to shut down. If I moved the wheel stand to adjust it slightly left or right, the wheel would shut down. If I play a game that had high vibration and high FFB (F1 2017, F7), running into the gravel would cause the wheel to turn off from the sudden vibration. Doing the FFB test on the Fanatec Driver app would cause the wheel to turn off. The problem went away for a good while then this week I was doing a race in GT Sport and the annoying oscillation at the start of the race (I got up to grab some water so I didn't stop it) was enough to cause the wheel to shut down, then after resetting it, the wheel would just shut down at random during the race.

When I say tapping the power cable, I mean tapping the plug that sticks out from the wheel base just lightly with your finger would be enough to shut down the wheel.

I'm really hope that Fanatec is right and it's just a faulty power supply because it's really annoying when I asked friends that also have a CSL E and they're able to pick the damn thing up and shake it violently with zero issues.

I got the wheel in October and the issue started up again this week.

Initially it was so bad that if I would slam into a wall, that jolt in vibration/FFB would cause the wheel to shut down. If I moved the wheel stand to adjust it slightly left or right, the wheel would shut down. If I play a game that had high vibration and high FFB (F1 2017, F7), running into the gravel would cause the wheel to turn off from the sudden vibration. Doing the FFB test on the Fanatec Driver app would cause the wheel to turn off. The problem went away for a good while then this week I was doing a race in GT Sport and the annoying oscillation at the start of the race (I got up to grab some water so I didn't stop it) was enough to cause the wheel to shut down, then after resetting it, the wheel would just shut down at random during the race.

When I say tapping the power cable, I mean tapping the plug that sticks out from the wheel base just lightly with your finger would be enough to shut down the wheel.

I'm really hope that Fanatec is right and it's just a faulty power supply because it's really annoying when I asked friends that also have a CSL E and they're able to pick the damn thing up and shake it violently with zero issues.

Nothing like this in my occassion.. I think my problem has to do with the fan. I could hear (Before all the '' turn offs'') that it was too loud without a reason.

If i where you i would have send my wheel base and all the stuff back to fanatec for check. It is clear that it is something wrong. Why you keep it for 3 months while you knew there was a problem?

If i where you i would have send my wheel base and all the stuff back to fanatec for check. It is clear that it is something wrong. Why you keep it for 3 months while you knew there was a problem?
Because it started to work and I became very busy with other things during that time. A video game peripheral was very low on my list of priorities.

Because it started to work and I became very busy with other things during that time. A video game peripheral was very low on my list of priorities.

Yes yes i agree. But its something that has a cost. And in comparison with logitech or Thrustmaster or the low end wheels, fanatec has a huge cost... So you wait your product to meet the standars.

Anyway. My problem seems like it has Been dissapeared. Really strange but i prefer it. Fingers crossed.

Haven't checked the thread for a Few Weeks. Disappointed to see no further Update regarding Native Compatibility
@Fanatec...
I have Invested a lot of money Into this piece of kit in which I love to bits. But I bought this mainly for GT Sport and so far I'm still waiting to utilise It's best features.

I'm planning on getting the V3 Pedal Set & The McLaren GT3 Rim this February but I will hold fire till I get some clarification on support coming? Will It at least be coming before the FIA Races start this Spring?
frowning.png

What in your opinion are the best settings for using the CSL Elite PS4 with Load Cell pedals in GT Sport and Pcars2?

Just received my CSL Elite PS4 with load cell pedals yesterday night, plan to hardmount them to a PlaySeat Challenge. First impression the build quality is great. Haven't used a wheel in years, last one was a DFGT with GT 5. Figuring out the right hard- and software settings to comfortably use the set seem to going to take quite some time. I've seen some different settings in different forums, but not really a good place/website that lists common settings together? I have GT Sport, Pcars 1 & 2 and Dirt Rally.

As of yet I'm mostly struggling with the brake pedal setting by the way. I set the load cell to the mid strength option but feels too heavy so maybe need to try it for a while at the light setting first. I couldn't get the brake to register at all in any game, so maybe a connector is loose or my brake foot is just way too weak :)

What in your opinion are the best settings for using the CSL Elite PS4 with Load Cell pedals in GT Sport and Pcars2?

Just received my CSL Elite PS4 with load cell pedals yesterday night, plan to hardmount them to a PlaySeat Challenge. First impression the build quality is great. Haven't used a wheel in years, last one was a DFGT with GT 5. Figuring out the right hard- and software settings to comfortably use the set seem to going to take quite some time. I've seen some different settings in different forums, but not really a good place/website that lists common settings together? I have GT Sport, Pcars 1 & 2 and Dirt Rally.

As of yet I'm mostly struggling with the brake pedal setting by the way. I set the load cell to the mid strength option but feels too heavy so maybe need to try it for a while at the light setting first. I couldn't get the brake to register at all in any game, so maybe a connector is loose or my brake foot is just way too weak :)

These are the settings Fanatec suggests.
I have these settings with the Light strength pedal and Brake force at 30 and Force feedback at 90.Fei off and everything else as fanatec suggests.
I have to mention that i have my pedals in the floor and not Hardmounted.

Attachments

• _20180120_142627.JPG
    _20180120_142627.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 129
Can someone please advise me on how to get my Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 to work on my PC?
I got it all working on PS4, so I know the unit works.
In the Fanatec software, I could see the pedals when I first updated the firmware and installed the driver but it's no longer showing there.
In iRacing I can get the steering wheel buttons to register but no steering inputs register and no pedals inputs register.
In Project Cars2, I can't get anything to register...

I'm really not having fun with it yet

I have tried to contact fanatec but still waiting on their reply.
Also, it seems that their live chat assist on their website doesn't work. Can anyone else get it to work?

Can someone please advise me on how to get my Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 to work on my PC?
I got it all working on PS4, so I know the unit works.
In the Fanatec software, I could see the pedals when I first updated the firmware and installed the driver but it's no longer showing there.
In iRacing I can get the steering wheel buttons to register but no steering inputs register and no pedals inputs register.
In Project Cars2, I can't get anything to register...

I'm really not having fun with it yet

I have tried to contact fanatec but still waiting on their reply.
Also, it seems that their live chat assist on their website doesn't work. Can anyone else get it to work?

Make sure that the is it in PC Mode your wheelbase. Ps4 mode has a blue light, PC Mode a Red light. It is on the right front side of the wheelbase.

Make sure that the is it in PC Mode your wheelbase. Ps4 mode has a blue light, PC Mode a Red light. It is on the right front side of the wheelbase.
Buddy Kimi, like pat say just have to press the mode button till it change color to red I recommended to you restar the PC after you put the CSL in mode PC.

Have a nice ride.......

pat, the main purpose of the load cell is get a most realistic fell in pedal pressure so my advise to this is get a pressure load that make you fell confortable then went you get more strength in your foot and leg put more pressure is just practice, in the wheel part like you will play different games make different settings 1 for PC another for PC2 and so..... I use the FFB by default to the max and the other parameters by default and always try to make adjustments in the game if you fell uncomfortable with something matbe you need to calibrate parameters in the wheel so in the FANATEC forum our friend Thomas make a good description of any ones of the values in the CLS try to understand with one of those you don't fell happy and make the corrections, any one of us have different styles so no one can make your driving style than you.

Good luck, and see you in the race track!

Haven't checked the thread for a Few Weeks. Disappointed to see no further Update regarding Native Compatibility
@Fanatec...
I have Invested a lot of money Into this piece of kit in which I love to bits. But I bought this mainly for GT Sport and so far I'm still waiting to utilise It's best features.

I'm planning on getting the V3 Pedal Set & The McLaren GT3 Rim this February but I will hold fire till I get some clarification on support coming? Will It at least be coming before the FIA Races start this Spring?
frowning.png

I noticed Thomas edited/removed his claims about a patch coming “in a few week” or “ by the end of the year” (2017). I guess it’s in polyphony’s hands... I still don’t understand why so many people are content with playing the game in “compatibility” mode and with the settings on 1. With these settings on my g29 and t-GT the wheel just feels dead. How does it feel with CSL compared to T-GT in GT-sport? (Without considering all the issues you had with TM support) Since you owned both? I want to new before I splash more money in the TM ecosystem...

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum so finally, from lurker to poster!

I recently bought the CSL elite alongside the loadcell pedal. Overall I'm quite happy with the whole setup since I'm switching from Thrustmaster (T300). However I noticed there a little bit of "wobble" on the loadcell brake pedal. I can "rattle" it a millimeter or 2. It isn't a huge problem or discomfort but since it's a expensive and brand new product I'd like to have it as solid as the gas and clutch pedal.

I contacted Fanatec support and they suggested to RMA it. Is there a way to fix it myself, I've got quite some tools at hand!

Thanks in advance!

That slight movement in the pedal is why Fanatec included those spacers. I did the same thing when I mounted mine to a Wheel Stand Pro. I had a little bit of movement then put in those spacers and it went away. Good luck.

That slight movement in the pedal is why Fanatec included those spacers. I did the same thing when I mounted mine to a Wheel Stand Pro. I had a little bit of movement then put in those spacers and it went away. Good luck.

Thanks a bunch Oldmanbimmer! I'm going to try it tonight and keep you posted!

I noticed Thomas edited/removed his claims about a patch coming “in a few week” or “ by the end of the year” (2017). I guess it’s in polyphony’s hands... I still don’t understand why so many people are content with playing the game in “compatibility” mode and with the settings on 1. With these settings on my g29 and t-GT the wheel just feels dead. How does it feel with CSL compared to T-GT in GT-sport? (Without considering all the issues you had with TM support) Since you owned both? I want to new before I splash more money in the TM ecosystem...

I don't think many people use the recommended settings, feels absolutely fine for me with 4 and 3 settings. Having used the G29 and CSL Elite in compatibility mode I would definitely always choose the CSL Elite.

That said. Full support pls and thank you @Fanatec...

I don't think many people use the recommended settings, feels absolutely fine for me with 4 and 3 settings. Having used the G29 and CSL Elite in compatibility mode I would definitely always choose the CSL Elite.

That said. Full support pls and thank you @Fanatec...

I have the settings dialed in for now but I can’t seem to get rid of the osscilation around the center point. Any suggestions?

Back