Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
It’s mounted on a gt omega stand but I could definitely tighten the screws a bit more :D.
Mine is mounted on the same wheel stand and it doesn't move at all. Weird that yours moves that way :odd:

IMG_20180409_220952.jpg

Mine is mounted on the same wheel stand and it doesn't move at all. Weird that yours moves that way :odd:

View attachment 738737
He said he didn`t tighten it good! On any wheel stand or even a desk with the clamp - must be solid!:)
Btw, what is the function on the 3rd pedal, which is behind other? - Your GF press it and Game Over for racing, it`s time for dinner!:)LoL

I’ve got the cheaper (read wobblier version) I believe :D.

Attachments

• 205BBD32-5751-4427-BA86-6FCEBB0B846C.jpeg
    205BBD32-5751-4427-BA86-6FCEBB0B846C.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 52
Btw, what is the function on the 3rd pedal, which is behind other? - Your GF press it and Game Over for racing, it`s time for dinner!:)LoL
It's the clutch pedal which is useless for me. I removed it and moved the brake pedal on the left. I've taken the photo the day I did this and the pedal is now in the box ahah.
And lol on my wife ahah:D
It’s mounted on a gt omega stand but I could definitely tighten the screws a bit more :D.
And yeah, you definitely should tight the screws more than that mate 👍
I’ve got the cheaper (read wobblier version) I believe :D.
Don't you have any problem to brake with this bar in the middle between your legs??

Last edited:
It's the clutch pedal which is useless for me. I removed it and moved the brake bedal on the left. I've taken the photo the day I did this and the pedal is now in the box ahah.
And lol on my wife ahah:D

And yeah, you definitely should tight the screws more than that mate 👍

Don't you have any problem to brake with this bar in the middle between your legs??

Not really no. I adjusted the position of the pedals a bit so there’s plenty of room possible. I’ve got quite long legs as well so my knees are nowhere close the middle bar!

Thanks for the reply. Already contacted them with the video included. Thing is, there’s no audible sound when turning in OFF state. You can feel a bit of friction but not a lot.

Guess it’s time to play some other games for now.
Seems like the belt is rubbing against something. Perhaps it is shifted a little out of alignment when powered on. Don’t open the wheel until Fanatec perhaps suggests it.

Are there any "secrets" or hints to getting more turn-in on the steering? I have tried turning the SEN adjustment up and down and using the AUT setting but I can't seem to get good cornering out of the wheel. Now I know it could be my driving style but I am having a real hard time controlling my cars in the corners.

Thanks,

Keith.

Do you mean steering linearity or maybe -saturation? DiRT Rally has decent in-game wheel setups, but The CSL Elite itself doesn't have such setups.

I should have mentioned this is for GT Sport. It seems no matter what setting I use, I am always drifting out wide in the corners. And it doesn't matter what track it is. I can't seem to hold a "line" going into and through the corners without the car wanting to hit the wall.

Keith.

I should have mentioned this is for GT Sport. It seems no matter what setting I use, I am always drifting out wide in the corners. And it doesn't matter what track it is. I can't seem to hold a "line" going into and through the corners without the car wanting to hit the wall.

Keith.
That has much to do with throttle control.. mostly... you know??

Coordination between acceleration and turning... basically...

That has much to do with throttle control.. mostly... you know??

Coordination between acceleration and turning... basically...

I figured that would be the case but I thought I would inquire nonetheless. I'm also in the process of testing the new beta drivers. I'll see how that goes.

Keith.

I figured that would be the case but I thought I would inquire nonetheless. I'm also in the process of testing the new beta drivers. I'll see how that goes.

Keith.

Are you used to wheels or this is your first wheel?

We need more information, maybe is the learning curve that anyone has when moving from pad to the first wheel?

To be honest, I only played GT 3 when it first came out. I was deployed in the desert and it kept me busy for a while. I only played with a controller at that time and never really got the hang of it. This time, once again, the only game I have is GT Sport and I am not used to the wheel. I have only had it since January. I need to put in a lot of time.

Keith.

Put some time in the wheel. You'll get used to the feeling of it. It took me a few months almost to get used to my G27 originally. Afterwards, I was never going back to a controller for racing games, except for arcade games :P

Keith.

Actually... more or less the same happened to me on the last 2 days... on Le Mans and other track, several times, but I dont think that this is a bug... just bad timing..

Hey there, I received the McLaren GT3 wheel yesterday.

I was using driver 293 / firmware 335 with the wheel base on GTS before but it seems that this McLaren wheel only works with driver 310 / firmware 448 installed on the wheel base.
The problem is that with this firmware the wheel feels somehow different especially in slow moves around the center - like it is having kind of "variable" deadzone or different sensitivity around the center. Because of that the wheel were not perfectly aligned with the onscreen wheel at the center position - again difference were variable maybe from 0-3 degrees.

So my question is: is there a way to use the McLaren wheel with v293 / 448 installed on the wheel base?

I was using driver 293 / firmware 335 with the wheel base on GTS before but it seems that this McLaren wheel only works with driver 310 / firmware 448 installed on the wheel base.
The problem is that with this firmware the wheel feels somehow different especially in slow moves around the center - like it is having kind of "variable" deadzone or different sensitivity around the center. Because of that the wheel were not perfectly aligned with the onscreen wheel at the center position - again difference were variable maybe from 0-3 degrees.

So my question is: is there a way to use the McLaren wheel with v293 / 448 installed on the wheel base?
It is very easy to test and I don`t see any problem after updating the firmware to uninstall newer drivers and install the old one and to test it!

It is very easy to test and I don`t see any problem after updating the firmware to uninstall newer drivers and install the old one and to test it!
Yeah I already tried this yesterday and doesn't work. I actually wanted to know if there's a 'trick' allowing to use the wheel with v293 on the base.

Yeah I already tried this yesterday and doesn't work. I actually wanted to know if there's a 'trick' allowing to use the wheel with v293 on the base.
You mean 335 on the base, drivers and firmware are different things and numbers...If newer firmware for the base is needed to "recognise" the new GT3 rim - there is no way to do it with the older firmware...What I told you is is to use the new firmware on the base for the test and install the older 293 drivers on the computer.

That's strange. It didn't happen with mine. Minus the pedals you and I are using the exact same setup, even down to the GTOmega wheel stand.

I didn't really play GTS all that much yesterday but on F1 '17 for Xbone it worked perfectly.

View attachment 738737

First of all hi to all, my first post here after years watching and reading your posts! :)

I have the same Omega stand and is very solid and great. I am just curious if you use only 2 screws for the mounting as there is no hole for the 3rd one and I am a bit worried about it... It would be could as also suggested by Fanatec to use all 3 screws to mount the wheel base.

Thanks in advance!

Dionysios -

What I told you is is to use the new firmware on the base for the test and install the older 293 drivers on the computer.
I think it's useless since I never play on PC. I only play on PS4. So once the firmware is installed on the base, i don't need the driver on my computer anymore. Actually, all I want is to find a way for the McLaren to work with the base which has the v335 on it, not the 448.

That's strange. It didn't happen with mine. Minus the pedals you and I are using the exact same setup, even down to the GTOmega wheel stand.

I didn't really play GTS all that much yesterday but on F1 '17 for Xbone it worked perfectly.
Yeah, I bought those pedals in 2014 ahah. They still work pretty fine :)

First of all hi to all, my first post here after years watching and reading your posts! :)

I have the same Omega stand and is very solid and great. I am just curious if you use only 2 screws for the mounting as there is no hole for the 3rd one and I am a bit worried about it... It would be could as also suggested by Fanatec to use all 3 screws to mount the wheel base.

Thanks in advance!

Dionysios -

So happy to see a new french member! Welcome to gtplanet mate :cheers: :gtpflag:

Regarding the wheel stand, I actually use 4 screws :D.
The first 2 are the same than you, I assume. For the 2 others, I noticed that the screws that hold the 2 plastic parts (that need to be removed if you use a wheel stand) actually match with 2 holes of the plate. So I use these 2 spare screws.

34708734_10156271160775256_7380386142618648576_n.jpg

Last edited:
So happy to see a new french member! Welcome to gtplanet mate :cheers: :gtpflag:

Regarding the wheel stand, I actually use 4 screws :D.
The first 2 are the same than you, I assume. For the 2 others, I noticed that the screws that hold the 2 plastic parts (that need to be removed if you use a wheel stand) actually match with 2 holes of the plate. So I use these 2 spare screws.

View attachment 742054

Merci beaucoup mon ami! :)

I didn't noticed those additional holes. I'll check at home once back from work and I'll do your same solution.
Merci pour le tip!

Back