Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
Merci beaucoup mon ami! :)

I didn't noticed those additional holes. I'll check at home once back from work and I'll do your same solution.
Merci pour le tip!
Looking at your portfolio, I noticed that you live in France, but you're actually greek :D

HELP!

My left analog stick's button (when you press down on the stick, it should do something), and the steering wheel has been flashing "CAL" at me for the past hour or so. I have tried entering the tuning menu and pressing down on both sticks, but as my left analog stick is broken, it does nothing. Everything was working fine until the latest firmware update. I can't calibrate my shifter as well due to the wheel flashing "CAL" at me.

Is there any way I can fix this?

HELP!

My left analog stick's button (when you press down on the stick, it should do something), and the steering wheel has been flashing "CAL" at me for the past hour or so. I have tried entering the tuning menu and pressing down on both sticks, but as my left analog stick is broken, it does nothing. Everything was working fine until the latest firmware update. I can't calibrate my shifter as well due to the wheel flashing "CAL" at me.

Is there any way I can fix this?
"CAL" means that the steering wheel must be calibrated manually.
7.1.3 Wheel centre calibration
If a centre calibration is needed (e.g. after updating the firmware of the CSL Elite Racing Wheel) first you need to enter the tuning menu as described above.
When you use the CSL Elite Steering Wheel (PS4 version) you must press the buttons OP+X at the same time.

"CAL" means that the steering wheel must be calibrated manually.
7.1.3 Wheel centre calibration
If a centre calibration is needed (e.g. after updating the firmware of the CSL Elite Racing Wheel) first you need to enter the tuning menu as described above.
When you use the CSL Elite Steering Wheel (PS4 version) you must press the buttons OP+X at the same time.

I'm using a BMW M3 GT2 Wheel and my left analog stick button is not responding.

I'm using a BMW M3 GT2 Wheel and my left analog stick button is not responding.

When you say not responding, does it also not respond in the Fanatec Property app?

If it's passed warranty you can always take the wheel apart and attach a multimeter probe to the left analog button to see if any signal is being sent. If signals aren't being sent you could check the wiring to see if that's the problem or if the stick button mechanism is just dead. This way you can always contact Fanatec to see if they'll send you components you need to get back up and running.

The bigger tension pulleys for "better force feedback fidelity" makes absolutely no sense. I am with Barry in saying "I don't know about all that.."

Great review and tear down by him! Thanks for posting.

I thinking a tighter belt would mean less FFB lost due to slack in the belt. Of course there are limits, but if the belt is tightened to the point just before it begins to stretch, the feeling should be pretty close to turning the motor directly.

At least that's what I guess.

When you say not responding, does it also not respond in the Fanatec Property app?

If it's passed warranty you can always take the wheel apart and attach a multimeter probe to the left analog button to see if any signal is being sent. If signals aren't being sent you could check the wiring to see if that's the problem or if the stick button mechanism is just dead. This way you can always contact Fanatec to see if they'll send you components you need to get back up and running.

It does not respond in the Fanatec Property App. Occassionally (and very rarely at that) it will turn on for about a split second before turning off again. It seems to only work at a very specific angle and even that changes all the time.

Is it under warranty? have you tried contacting Fanatec?

If it isn't under warranty, crack that bad boy open and start probing.

Hello @DomB_Fanatec
I need some help.
How many volts is the fan in the CSL Elite Wheel Base-12 or 24?
And which wire is for:
Black wire =ground?
Red wire =12V or 24V?
Blue wire=RPM Speed signal or PWM Signal (+5V)?
I ask because I have a problem connecting Noctua NF-F12 industrialPCC-3000 PWM fan to the base.

Thanks in advance!
If anyone is interested I managed to connect Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-24V-3000 Q100 IP67 PWM fan to the base.The fan runs all the time at maximum speed and is noisy,but the cooling is better.
Base -------------- Fan
Black wire with Black wire (ground)
Red wire with Yellow wire (+24V)
The blue wire of the base and the green and blue wire of the fan remain unconnected.

Last edited:
Hi can someone tell me if you can use this for Xbox one, as I've got the csl elite ps4 version and looking at getting Xbox one do I just need to buy a wheel that is Xbox one to connect to it?

I know I probably voided a bunch of warranty out the window but I couldn't help it. You could see the boo-boo I had in the frist pic with the happy paint. But all in all I happy with it makes it look none stocky!

Attachments

• IMG_20180619_202817.jpg
    IMG_20180619_202817.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20180619_202752.jpg
    IMG_20180619_202752.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 93
I know I probably voided a bunch of warranty out the window but I couldn't help it. You could see the boo-boo I had in the frist pic with the happy paint. But all in all I happy with it makes it look none stocky!
Very original and creative. And in my humble opinion it also looks very good. Take that!
Great idea. I have this wheel as a 'spare' because I use the McLaren 99%. So could spray the wheel also.
Obviously Dutch (or Papaya) orange for me ;)

I see you painted the blue stitching aswell, i like. That red paint is very accurate & i understand the idea behind it! Are you planning to paint the base? British racing green with yellow stripe maybe? :dopey:

About warranty: when i had problems with my base they asked me to send both rim and the base back.

Last edited:
I like the result! Btw, do you disassemble the rim or just cover some parts and paint? I am asking because the small diode light looks like painted.;)

Very original and creative. And in my humble opinion it also looks very good. Take that!
Great idea. I have this wheel as a 'spare' because I use the McLaren 99%. So could spray the wheel also.
Obviously Dutch (or Papaya) orange for me ;)

Thanks bro this is very simple to do and I think it blows the stock rim away in appearance. That is also a great color BTW I at frist wanted a more orange red aswell! Thanks cuzo!

I see you painted the blue stitching aswell, i like. That red paint is very accurate & i understand the idea behind it! Are you planning to paint the base? British racing green with yellow stripe maybe? :dopey:

About warranty: when i had problems with my base they asked me to send both rim and the base back.

Ironicly I didn't really paint the blue stitching per se, I used a black sharpie marker lol. I hope it holds if it doesn't atleast it will dirty up the blue with time so I probably get away with it lol. I had thought about the green do and just couldn't picture it good enough in my head with the dark buttons. But I will tell you that black is the best choice and will look immense. I didn't go with it because every rim I see is black and wanted something original than the classic black. Not sure about the base do as I plan on getting the formula rim and maybe puting a Renault emblem on that even do I'm Ferrari lol. Thanks cuzo!

I like the result! Btw, do you disassemble the rim or just cover some parts and paint? I am asking because the small diode light looks like painted.;)

No I definitely did paint the diode bro lol. I had seen it was really unsure of what it was for after about a month I never saw it turn on. So I said yeah paint, done lol. As you already established do it can be easily removed with a ear tip and some paint remover do. I wanted to tear the rim down to paint but I'm not really all techy so I was very afraid going that path so I just taped everything.

Thanks for all the support guys but now I will show the bads lol. I went really happy with the paint on the frist one picture and just threw more on it n hoped for the best. In the 2nd pic I tried to paint the shaft black and didn't wait enough time for the black paint to settle in. Rushed that part a little and you can see the black stuck to the blue tape and the red came up alittle bit on the tape line. Like I said all in all I'm happy with it as I can only spit shine things, I hope we can still be friends after these bad pics do lol!

Attachments

• IMG_20180619_205308.jpg
    IMG_20180619_205308.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20180619_205355.jpg
    IMG_20180619_205355.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20180619_182522_01.jpg
    IMG_20180619_182522_01.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 56
Thanks bro this is very simple to do and I think it blows the stock rim away in appearance. That is also a great color BTW I at frist wanted a more orange red aswell! Thanks cuzo!

Ironicly I didn't really paint the blue stitching per se, I used a black sharpie marker lol. I hope it holds if it doesn't atleast it will dirty up the blue with time so I probably get away with it lol. I had thought about the green do and just couldn't picture it good enough in my head with the dark buttons. But I will tell you that black is the best choice and will look immense. I didn't go with it because every rim I see is black and wanted something original than the classic black. Not sure about the base do as I plan on getting the formula rim and maybe puting a Renault emblem on that even do I'm Ferrari lol. Thanks cuzo!

No I definitely did paint the diode bro lol. I had seen it was really unsure of what it was for after about a month I never saw it turn on. So I said yeah paint, done lol. As you already established do it can be easily removed with a ear tip and some paint remover do. I wanted to tear the rim down to paint but I'm not really all techy so I was very afraid going that path so I just taped everything.

Thanks for all the support guys but now I will show the bads lol. I went really happy with the paint on the frist one picture and just threw more on it n hoped for the best. In the 2nd pic I tried to paint the shaft black and didn't wait enough time for the black paint to settle in. Rushed that part a little and you can see the black stuck to the blue tape and the red came up alittle bit on the tape line. Like I said all in all I'm happy with it as I can only spit shine things, I hope we can still be friends after these bad pics do lol!

What is the idea of painting the back of the rim black??? Just didn`t get this... No doubt your Fanatec rim is one of a kind!:)

What is the idea of painting the back of the rim black??? Just didn`t get this... No doubt your Fanatec rim is one of a kind!:)

Thanks bro I guess I was trying to simulate a hub when it's connected to the stearing shaft. I really didn't like the flatness in that black it had before and I think it would have been too much red. A little Mini steering hub to attach after market momo wheels in way lol. That was the illusion of the black behind the wheel.

Back