Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
Hey there. Is the McLaren GT3 Wheel compatible with GTSport? Is the dual clutch system useful for this game?

Out of the box, no.

However, if you have the Drive Hub, or other similar devices, it does work nicely. Unfortunately, I haven't tried the dual clutch yet with it.

Out of the box, no.

However, if you have the Drive Hub, or other similar devices, it does work nicely. Unfortunately, I haven't tried the dual clutch yet with it.
? Why should I need the DriveHub? I already have the CSL elite base for PS4... Do you mean that if I install the McLaren wheel on my base, then it won't work with the PS4 without the DriveHub?

? Why should I need the DriveHub? I already have the CSL elite base for PS4... Do you mean that if I install the McLaren wheel on my base, then it won't work with the PS4 without the DriveHub?
I don't know what he's talking about.

You don't. My apologies. I have the v2.5 Wheel Base and it is that thought I had in my head.

With the CSL Elite Base the chip is in the Base. For MS they are in the wheel.

I have to use the Drive Hub, due to my v2.5.

You don't. My apologies. I have the v2.5 Wheel Base and it is that thought I had in my head.

With the CSL Elite Base the chip is in the Base. For MS they are in the wheel.

I have to use the Drive Hub, due to my v2.5.
Ah, more sense now. Thanks. I'm thinking to order it in the upcoming days then. 👍

Hey there. Is the McLaren GT3 Wheel compatible with GTSport? Is the dual clutch system useful for this game?

Yes it works fine with GT Sport. the dual clutch/clutch bite system will have to be implemented in GT Sport but everything else works as expected. The X-box button acts as the PS button and everything is mapped for PS4 out of the box in a way that makes sense. In your CSL Elite base you should have also gotten some PS button caps you can use on the McLaren wheel.

IMG_0764.jpg

The joystick on the bottom left is already mapped for PS4 use when in PS4 mode on the base, and it can be used to change TCS and multi function display settings in game no problem. Would definitely be cool if PD can work with @Fanatec... on mapping the two white rotary knobs for GT Sport and allow the user to select what they adjust. But honestly the system built into GT Sport works quite well already.

Yes it works fine with GT Sport. the dual clutch/clutch bite system will have to be implemented in GT Sport but everything else works as expected. The X-box button acts as the PS button and everything is mapped for PS4 out of the box in a way that makes sense. In your CSL Elite base you should have also gotten some PS button caps you can use on the McLaren wheel.

IMG_0764.jpg

The joystick on the bottom left is already mapped for PS4 use when in PS4 mode on the base, and it can be used to change TCS and multi function display settings in game no problem. Would definitely be cool if PD can work with @Fanatec... on mapping the two white rotary knobs for GT Sport and allow the user to select what they adjust. But honestly the system built into GT Sport works quite well already.
Great detailed answer, thanks a lot for these infos! I'm now very confident buying it. And I can be patient on the shipping as my CSL still works very fine. :)

Hi folks! This is a big thread! I'll start working my way backwards, but if anyone has any pressing issues, please let me know.

So first, @Mirror_man , there is a new Advanced Clutch Bite Point mode for the dual analogue paddles on the McLaren wheel contained within in the new beta driver. Actually I was just helping SimRacingGirl with our video about it, which should go up on our YouTube channel soon. It should work with any game that supports an analogue clutch axis, and it's super fun to use!

Hi folks! This is a big thread! I'll start working my way backwards, but if anyone has any pressing issues, please let me know.

So first, @Mirror_man , there is a new Advanced Clutch Bite Point mode for the dual analogue paddles on the McLaren wheel contained within in the new beta driver. Actually I was just helping SimRacingGirl with our video about it, which should go up on our YouTube channel soon. It should work with any game that supports an analogue clutch axis, and it's super fun to use!

Thanks, Dom.

BTW, I know this has been talked about ad nauseum, but from a personal standpoint on your end with respect to center/straight line rattle, what do you recommend the settings to be (again personally) to assuage the vibration but still give you all the feel you are looking for?

Thank you in advance for your response.

BTW, just for background: v2.5 owner, mostly on consoles, with the v3i pedals, GT3 rim as well as the universal hub for X1X, and Collective Minds Drive Hub for PS4.

Can you reveal at least in what Q of the year we can see next CSL Elite rim? Or for this year the Mc Laren is the only one? Thanks

Quick question;

I doubt that someone will understand what I’ll try to explain but you never know.

When playing GTsport on medium to high FFB setting (in game and wheel settings adjusted, SEN on 54 and DRI -5) I have this sort of rubber “friction feeling” while turning into a corner both left and right.

It’s not the shaft rubbing against plastic but more like an elastic kind of friction. You can’t hear it but you do feel tiny “clicks” through the rim while cornering.

It’s not there every session btw. Didn’t have the issue whilst playing PCARS 2 on RAW setting.

Does anyone have an idea what the issue might be? I tried google but to no avail. The first video that pops up “csl elite friction noise”’ is definitely not it.

Thanks in advance!

Back