Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
Anyone have issue with R3-button (CSL Elite wheel) when on PCARS2 menu?
If I try to push R3-button on menu nothing happens. R3-button work ok when playing the game (as using it as assignment key action should).
R1-2/L1-2 buttons work ok in menus.

View attachment 748758

I have this problem too. Quite an annoying little bug. It seems to just not work on the main menu screen, but R3 works everywhere else in PC2 as far as I can tell.

I had very strange problem in Project CARS 2...in CSL E profile you see paddles mapped and you can mapp it again for shifting - they work in setting menu when you map, but ingame the dont want to switch gears....I tried many times and google it ...one guy was posted that you need to create custom profile and map everything you need to use...I did it and in that case paddles work for shifting

Does anyone know if the original non xbox licensed universal hub will wok on ps4 with the csl elite base? I would guess it will but would be nice to know for sure..

Does anyone know if the original non xbox licensed universal hub will wok on ps4 with the csl elite base? I would guess it will but would be nice to know for sure..
Yes. The base does the compatibility with the PS4 CSL Elite. The wheel determines if it works on Xbox too.

Yes. The base does the compatibility with the PS4 CSL Elite. The wheel determines if it works on Xbox too.
Yeah, sure. I was just thinking that it is an older product that has been discontinued long before CSL Elite was even released.. But it is Clubsport series product after all so should be fine..

Yeah, sure. I was just thinking that it is an older product that has been discontinued long before CSL Elite was even released.. But it is Clubsport series product after all so should be fine..
As long as it works with the base, it should not make a difference.

Just got my CSL Elite wheel today, had a bit of tears unhooking the T500, many hours spent on that wheel. First impressions are, it seems it is much more adjustable. Going to have to learn how and what all of the codes mean on the wheel. Only had time to spin a couple laps, pedals feel really nice (csl elite) which was the main reason for the switch. Smoother than the pedals included with the t500. Definitely going to need to put some time in on this new rig before giving any final thoughts. Any tips on what all of the different settings do on the wheel??

Any tips on what all of the different settings do on the wheel??
Setups range: S_1 ... S_5 Setups default: S_1 The CSL Elite Racing Wheel provides five different setups to store your adjusted values independent from each other. To change which setup is active, move the directional stick of the Fanatec® steering wheel in the up or down direction.

6.3.2 SEN (Sensitivity) SEN range: 009 … 108 Aut SEN default: Aut The sensitivity defines the steering angle. If SEN is set to 009 the steering wheel can only be turned 90° (45° to left and 45° to right side direction from calibrated centre position). If SEN is set to 108 the steering wheel can be turned the mechanical maximum way of 1080° (540° to left and 540° to right side direction from calibrated centre position). If SEN is set to OFF/Aut the sensitivity is controlled by the PC* driver (see chapter PC* driver for more details) or even some games support this feature. To change the active value, move the directional stick of the Fanatec® steering wheel in the up or down direction.

6.3.3 FF (Force Feedback) FF range: OFF 001 … 100 FF default: 100 The Force Feedback defines the maximum strength of the motor when force feedback effects from software / games are sent to the CSL Elite Racing Wheel. If FF is set to OFF, there will be no force feedback effect executed by the CSL Elite Racing Wheel motor. If FF is set to 001, the motor will execute only 1% of the maximum motor power. If FF is set to 100, the motor will execute 100% of the maximum motor power. To change the active value, move the directional stick of the Fanatec® steering wheel in the up or down direction. It is recommended to leave this setting at 100 and turn down the in-game setting in case you have force feedback clipping.

6.3.4 SHO (Shock) SHO range: OFF 010 ... 100 SHO default: 100 The strength of the shock / vibration motors inside the Fanatec® steering wheel can be adjusted from 100% to 0%. These vibration motors can be used by a game directly (Fanatec® SDK) or by the ABS function. Note: The CSL Elite Steering Wheel has no vibration motors.

6.3.5 ABS ABS range: 000 … 100 OFF ABS default: OFF This feature gives you a direct feedback based on your brake inputs. If you set the value to 100 the vibration will start as soon as you give 100% brake input to the game. If you set it to 95% the vibration will start if you push the brake to 95% or more. The ABS feature uses the vibration within your wheel rim (can be turned off by setting SHO to “0”) AND the vibration motor on a CSP (V2 or V3) pedal set if it is connected directly to the wheel - not individually by USB. ABS can also be simulated dynamically by the game if the developer makes use of the Fanatec® SDK. To change the active value, move the directional stick of the Fanatec® steering wheel in the up or down direction.

6.3.6 DRI (Drift mode) DRI range: -05 ... -01 OFF 001 … 005 DRI default: -05 The drift mode reduces overall resistance of the wheel and lets you turn the wheel more easily. It almost works like power steering. It reduces the basic dampening of the wheel in the range of -05 to -01 and makes the wheel turn faster in the range of 001 to 005. If the value is set to values beyond -05 (or if the games FFB interferes with this feature) you might experience some oscillation. If that happens - reduce the value or turn DRI “-05”. To change the active value, move the directional stick of the Fanatec® steering wheel in the up or down direction. “-05” to “-01” is a damper effect (natural damper), “OFF” is without damper effect and “001” or higher values are with motor assistance to accelerate the steering wheel.

6.3.7 FOR (force), SPR (spring), DPR (damper) FOR range: OFF 010 … 120 FOR default: 100 (%) SPR range: OFF 010 … 120 SPR default: 100 (%) DPR range: OFF 010 … 120 DPR default: 100 (%) These force feedback modifiers give you the ability to change the force feedback signals of a game (only applicable if game uses these effects). In theory there are three types of signals which a game can send: Force (pushes the wheel into a special direction), spring (pulls the wheel towards the dynamic centre) and damper (creates friction). Not every game uses all types of effects and some games even use only one type to create all different feelings. Using your tuning menu in the CSL Elite Racing Wheel you can increase or reduce these different effects individually. To change the active value, move the directional stick of the Fanatec® steering wheel in the up or down direction. Note: If SPR is set to low values or ‘OFF’ the CSL Elite Racing Wheel will not be able to move the attached steering wheel to correct centre position after calibration run.

6.3.8 FEI (Force Effect Intensity) FEI range: OFF … 100 FEI default: 050 This parameter adjusts the intensity of force effects and can make effects more smooth: OFF is very smooth and low noise while 100 is very sharp and direct. Tuning this parameter can improve the feeling of the wheel depending on the game. This can be helpful to reduce the noise level especially for bases assembled to tables or rigs.

6.3.9 BRF (brake force) BRF range: OFF 010 … 100 BRF default: 050 This brake force modifiers give you the ability to adjust the brake feeling according to your favour: Increasing the BRF to 100 means the user needs to press the brake with minimum force to achieve 100% brake signal. Reducing the BRF to OFF means the user needs to press the brake only with maximum force to achieve 100% brake signal. You can either check the brake signal level on the PC* driver or you can see it on the RevLEDs of the CSL Elite Racing Wheel and/or the attached steering wheel (depending on steering wheel type). To change the active value, move the directional stick of the Fanatec® steering wheel in the up or down direction.

NOTE: The BRF parameter is only available when a supported pedal set is connected to the PEDAL port of the CSL Elite Racing Wheel. Please read the description and/or manuals of your pedals to verify if the BRF feature is supported. For reference, the CSL Elite Pedals LC (= CSL Elite Pedals with Loadcell Kit) support this feature.

This morning Fanatec support responded to me via email stating that they are aware of the RSB/LSB buttons not properly mapping. They stated they are trying to work with Microsoft to allow for the pedals to be separate button inputs (like they are on PS4, for example), which would resolve this issue. Whether that happens or not, who can say. At this point I wouldn't count on it, but like I said in my earlier post, any Xbox compatibility from a PS4 licensed wheel is a bonus.

Would purchasing the Xbox One Hub with Forza Rim from Fanatec resolve this issue?
I'm considering at the moment to sell my Thrustmaster Setup (T300, T3PA Pro Pedals, F1 & Alcantara Rim & TH8A Shifter) to switch over to Fanatec. As I would also like to buy an Xbox One X soon (had the old Xbox One and a big games library) to also play Forza, this actually is a big interest for me, as I would like to have just one wheel for everything.
So could you clarify if only with a P1 rim or GT3 Rim, on Xbox One, the CSL Elite PS4 isn't really usable? Would make the Xbox Hub a difference?

Would purchasing the Xbox One Hub with Forza Rim from Fanatec resolve this issue?
I'm considering at the moment to sell my Thrustmaster Setup (T300, T3PA Pro Pedals, F1 & Alcantara Rim & TH8A Shifter) to switch over to Fanatec. As I would also like to buy an Xbox One X soon (had the old Xbox One and a big games library) to also play Forza, this actually is a big interest for me, as I would like to have just one wheel for everything.
So could you clarify if only with a P1 rim or GT3 Rim, on Xbox One, the CSL Elite PS4 isn't really usable? Would make the Xbox Hub a difference?
Hello, it is absolutely usable with all Xbox rims!;)

Hello, it is absolutely usable with all Xbox rims!;)

Well and what about the above mentioned bug, that the pedals are not recognized separately? I mean that either they are on the same 'button' or that you are forced to use automatic? That would be a no go for me, as I always drive without assists.
If the Xbox Hub, even if it's quite expensive, would resolve this issue, than I would also purchase that one, to be on the safe side.

Well and what about the above mentioned bug, that the pedals are not recognized separately? I mean that either they are on the same 'button' or that you are forced to use automatic? That would be a no go for me, as I always drive without assists.
If the Xbox Hub, even if it's quite expensive, would resolve this issue, than I would also purchase that one, to be on the safe side.
I think you missunderstood his complain. Everything works as it is planned to work... If i remember his complain correct - it was for RSB LSB buttons that are market on the rim, but not working, something like this. Everything that you have on TM wheel - you have it on Fanatec wheel and much much more;)

Actu
Setups range: S_1 ... S_5 Setups default: S_1 The CSL Elite Racing Wheel provides five different setups to store your adjusted values independent from each other. To change which setup is active, move the directional stick of the Fanatec® steering wheel in the up or down direction.

6.3.2 SEN (Sensitivity) SEN range: 009 … 108 Aut SEN default: Aut The sensitivity defines the steering angle. If SEN is set to 009 the steering wheel can only be turned 90° (45° to left and 45° to right side direction from calibrated centre position). If SEN is set to 108 the steering wheel can be turned the mechanical maximum way of 1080° (540° to left and 540° to right side direction from calibrated centre position). If SEN is set to OFF/Aut the sensitivity is controlled by the PC* driver (see chapter PC* driver for more details) or even some games support this feature. To change the active value, move the directional stick of the Fanatec® steering wheel in the up or down direction.

6.3.3 FF (Force Feedback) FF range: OFF 001 … 100 FF default: 100 The Force Feedback defines the maximum strength of the motor when force feedback effects from software / games are sent to the CSL Elite Racing Wheel. If FF is set to OFF, there will be no force feedback effect executed by the CSL Elite Racing Wheel motor. If FF is set to 001, the motor will execute only 1% of the maximum motor power. If FF is set to 100, the motor will execute 100% of the maximum motor power. To change the active value, move the directional stick of the Fanatec® steering wheel in the up or down direction. It is recommended to leave this setting at 100 and turn down the in-game setting in case you have force feedback clipping.

6.3.4 SHO (Shock) SHO range: OFF 010 ... 100 SHO default: 100 The strength of the shock / vibration motors inside the Fanatec® steering wheel can be adjusted from 100% to 0%. These vibration motors can be used by a game directly (Fanatec® SDK) or by the ABS function. Note: The CSL Elite Steering Wheel has no vibration motors.

6.3.5 ABS ABS range: 000 … 100 OFF ABS default: OFF This feature gives you a direct feedback based on your brake inputs. If you set the value to 100 the vibration will start as soon as you give 100% brake input to the game. If you set it to 95% the vibration will start if you push the brake to 95% or more. The ABS feature uses the vibration within your wheel rim (can be turned off by setting SHO to “0”) AND the vibration motor on a CSP (V2 or V3) pedal set if it is connected directly to the wheel - not individually by USB. ABS can also be simulated dynamically by the game if the developer makes use of the Fanatec® SDK. To change the active value, move the directional stick of the Fanatec® steering wheel in the up or down direction.

6.3.6 DRI (Drift mode) DRI range: -05 ... -01 OFF 001 … 005 DRI default: -05 The drift mode reduces overall resistance of the wheel and lets you turn the wheel more easily. It almost works like power steering. It reduces the basic dampening of the wheel in the range of -05 to -01 and makes the wheel turn faster in the range of 001 to 005. If the value is set to values beyond -05 (or if the games FFB interferes with this feature) you might experience some oscillation. If that happens - reduce the value or turn DRI “-05”. To change the active value, move the directional stick of the Fanatec® steering wheel in the up or down direction. “-05” to “-01” is a damper effect (natural damper), “OFF” is without damper effect and “001” or higher values are with motor assistance to accelerate the steering wheel.

6.3.7 FOR (force), SPR (spring), DPR (damper) FOR range: OFF 010 … 120 FOR default: 100 (%) SPR range: OFF 010 … 120 SPR default: 100 (%) DPR range: OFF 010 … 120 DPR default: 100 (%) These force feedback modifiers give you the ability to change the force feedback signals of a game (only applicable if game uses these effects). In theory there are three types of signals which a game can send: Force (pushes the wheel into a special direction), spring (pulls the wheel towards the dynamic centre) and damper (creates friction). Not every game uses all types of effects and some games even use only one type to create all different feelings. Using your tuning menu in the CSL Elite Racing Wheel you can increase or reduce these different effects individually. To change the active value, move the directional stick of the Fanatec® steering wheel in the up or down direction. Note: If SPR is set to low values or ‘OFF’ the CSL Elite Racing Wheel will not be able to move the attached steering wheel to correct centre position after calibration run.

6.3.8 FEI (Force Effect Intensity) FEI range: OFF … 100 FEI default: 050 This parameter adjusts the intensity of force effects and can make effects more smooth: OFF is very smooth and low noise while 100 is very sharp and direct. Tuning this parameter can improve the feeling of the wheel depending on the game. This can be helpful to reduce the noise level especially for bases assembled to tables or rigs.

6.3.9 BRF (brake force) BRF range: OFF 010 … 100 BRF default: 050 This brake force modifiers give you the ability to adjust the brake feeling according to your favour: Increasing the BRF to 100 means the user needs to press the brake with minimum force to achieve 100% brake signal. Reducing the BRF to OFF means the user needs to press the brake only with maximum force to achieve 100% brake signal. You can either check the brake signal level on the PC* driver or you can see it on the RevLEDs of the CSL Elite Racing Wheel and/or the attached steering wheel (depending on steering wheel type). To change the active value, move the directional stick of the Fanatec® steering wheel in the up or down direction.

NOTE: The BRF parameter is only available when a supported pedal set is connected to the PEDAL port of the CSL Elite Racing Wheel. Please read the description and/or manuals of your pedals to verify if the BRF feature is supported. For reference, the CSL Elite Pedals LC (= CSL Elite Pedals with Loadcell Kit) support this feature.
Actualy Brf works exactly in the opposite of what you said... maximum force needed with 100% and minimum with off setting...

I think you missunderstood his complain. Everything works as it is planned to work... If i remember his complain correct - it was for RSB LSB buttons that are market on the rim, but not working, something like this. Everything that you have on TM wheel - you have it on Fanatec wheel and much much more;)

They are on the same button. You aren't "forced" to use automatic. I will explain in more detail below. It's worth understanding the Xbox limitations of the CSL Elite PS4 before you purchase one of these wheels, especially if you plan to use it primarily on Xbox.

Here are the main problems with CSL Elite PS4 on Xbox games:

1. The LSB/RSB buttons on the wheel do not match what is input to the Xbox games themselves. Using the P1 rim or the McLaren rim as examples, both rims ship with "LSB/RSB" buttons on them. The problem is these buttons do not register that way in Xbox games. The buttons on the wheel do register, however, they register as LB/RB. That is a big problem because your paddle shifters are also registered to LB/RB. In other words, it renders LSB/RSB buttons useless unless you plan not to use paddle shifters and you drive with automatic transmission. On PS4/PC, you can map all 4 buttons as separate inputs. Simply put, while you are not forced to use automatic transmission on Xbox games, you can't use the LSB/RSB buttons unless you use automatic transmission (which then frees up the RB/LB buttons.....which are actually the LSB/RSB buttons on the wheel itself). I know, it's confusing! :banghead:

2. The accelerator/brake/clutch pedals are not input as separate inputs as they are on PC/PS4. This is a separate problem, but has similar effects as the first problem in that it limits how many buttons you can actually use in Xbox games. Using the CSL Elite PS4 in Xbox mode, the RT/LT buttons are mapped directly to Accelerator and Brake in all Xbox games. They are not separate inputs. Again, similar to point 1, you are now unable to use or map any functions to the RT/LT buttons that are on the McLaren or P1 rims. For example, as soon as you try to map RT in any Xbox game....you will see that it moves the accelerator function to the new button and leaves the accelerator pedal itself unmapped.

A simple way of thinking about this is that, in Xbox mode, the wheel limits access to the same set of buttons that an Xbox One controller has. This type of limitation doesn't exist on PS4. On PS4, you have access to the paddle shifters and pedals all as separate inputs (5 additional buttons). Therein lies the problem with the Xbox compatibility.

Unfortunately, in my case, that problem matters because I tend to race with manual transmission and I need all the face buttons available for things like DRS, pit limiter, View, Camera change, KERS, etc. The wheel is still usable on Xbox, which I am glad for, but the limitations can be frustrating.

I say these things not to discourage you from buying the wheel. It's a great product. I love my CSL Elite PS4, but I mainly race on PS4 and only use the Xbox compatibility here or there so the limitations don’t bother me too much. If it were me, I wouldn't buy this wheel if your primary racing will be done on Xbox. I would step it up and buy the ClubSport 2.5 or the Hub, as you mentioned. I had the 2.5 before and I do not recall having any of these issues. As far as I can tell, it seems these limitations are unique to the CSL Elite PS4 when used on Xbox.

Hope this helps. Hit me up if you have any questions.

EDIT: One final caveat. I also use ClubSport Inverted Pedals, Fanatec shifter, and the Fanatec handbrake in my set up. I have no idea if that matters, or if that has any impact on this functionality. It shouldn't as all Fanatec products claim to be compatible with each other, but it's worth mentioning. Fanatec support said it didn't matter, but who knows. As I mentioned, everything works absolutely perfectly with PS4. Perhaps someone here with the CSL Elite pedals has had a different Xbox experience?

Last edited:

Oh wow, thank you very much!!! I am going to referring to this quite often getting to know this wheel.

hello,
I just recently got this wheel, and I'm having some trouble on F1 2017 PS4 where it either double shifts or the shifters wont respond.
Its making the whole experience very painful and hard to play with.
Has anyone got that issue ?
In PS4 i had to set up the clutch to be the up shifter in order to make the manual start work, I'm not sure thats actually the cause but i thought its worth mentioning.

Thanks

hello,
I just recently got this wheel, and I'm having some trouble on F1 2017 PS4 where it either double shifts or the shifters wont respond.
Its making the whole experience very painful and hard to play with.
Has anyone got that issue ?
In PS4 i had to set up the clutch to be the up shifter in order to make the manual start work, I'm not sure thats actually the cause but i thought its worth mentioning.

Thanks

For me the wheel sequential shifters worked very well with that game...

Last edited:
I assure these questions has been answered before but here they are anyways.

1.) How heavy is the wheel base?
I intend on installing this on a GT Omega stand and if it's heavy as the T500rs, then that might be the deal breaker unfortunately.

2.) Is there currently a market such as maybe someone out there 3d printing a custom hub that will allow you to install ANY 70/74mm PCD steering wheels?
Would love to have this option for whenever I intend on drifting as I feel a 35cm steering wheel is the only wheel size that I'm currently comfortable drifting with. Maybe a 32cm, who knows...

I fell in love with the looks of the Fanatec CSL Elite and miss the ability to change settings right directly from the steering wheel from my Fanatec 911 Carrera wheel back in the days. Also I'm kind of doing an unnecessary upgrade from a two-year old Thrustmaster T300rs.

Feel free to chime in on this anybody! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hey guys. Just put my order in for the elite PS4 package. Had a G29 for a few weeks but got a refund as it was faulty. How's the updated compalibility with GT sport ? Rev lights working correct etc ? Anyone know how long it takes roughly to arrive? I'm in adelaide metro , hopefully get it soon !

Thanks in advance !

Yea it started very well for me too. I'm wondering if I somehow messed up the settings. Any ideas on how to reset or fixing it ?
I think it might've been an older driver cause the base and the wheel had different versions on their web page.
After updating it seems to be working fine.
If it helps download the wheels driver instead of the base. Thanks

Hey guys. Just put my order in for the elite PS4 package. Had a G29 for a few weeks but got a refund as it was faulty. How's the updated compalibility with GT sport ? Rev lights working correct etc ? Anyone know how long it takes roughly to arrive? I'm in adelaide metro , hopefully get it soon !

Thanks in advance !

Revlights not currently working but I honestly can't say I miss it. FFB performance has been great though.

How would you rate it's console/Ps4 compatibility? From my experiences with two wheel bases, i wouldn't rate it that high... Both console & game support:

- After the first calibration it's pointing anywhere from rare 0° to regular ~45° to right, so manual recentering is required. Works fine on PC, but the calibrated center position just wont carry over to PS4, have tried so many times.

- Very often it will go off-center by few degrees after sudden fast steering: contact, curb & fast countersteer/drifting... <- Doesn't occur everytime in AC or PCars 2, but sometimes i can't do a single lap without having to stop and recenter. SPR 0-120 has no effect.

For me it's never just plug-in & race, like my Logitechs and Thrusmasters were. Eventually i can set it to work properly, but quite often it's time consuming & frustrating.

Last edited:
Question about the Blue Mode Auto Sens Malfunction after GTS 1.23 update:

As most of us (Fanatec Elite PS4 owners) know, after GTS update 1.23, when using Blue Mode the Auto Sens capability of the wheel was compromised...

As a new update was released a little while ago (Vers.1.24)!... Does any one noticed if that problem was corrected, or if there was any change at all on the way the Wheel now behaves and feels??

Latest Posts

Back