Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
I was going to pick up the CSL Elite wheelbase to go along with my CSL Elite LC pedals, which are amazing, but I'm really hesitant now. My T300 works perfectly. Feels like I may end up with more issues with the CSL wheelbase. Spend another $900 Canadian for more problems? Don't think so.

As long your current setup works perfectly,no need to upgrade. Lets wait for direct drive or better wheel base.maybe thrustmaster wheel sell the tgt base only.

I was going to pick up the CSL Elite wheelbase to go along with my CSL Elite LC pedals, which are amazing, but I'm really hesitant now. My T300 works perfectly. Feels like I may end up with more issues with the CSL wheelbase. Spend another $900 Canadian for more problems? Don't think so.
A majority of customers are very satisfied with their CSL Elite wheelbases though.

I had a t300. I will try to explain to you a little bit in words. But what is the difference? Yes, indeed, fanatec csl Elite gives you more power, more control over the car, you sit as if you are really holding the steering wheel - youcan not let go of the steering wheel because the pendulum wheel starts to turn Left-right is very hard to beat in the limiter. So you are still trying to grab it in order not to hurt your hands. This is also important. Yes, there are some problems. Of course, no one wants to deal with them, but I have a t300. I personally have not had a single problem. So think twice before you take this step. wow effect you won't get it 100%. but after a month of riding on the steering wheel, you would not want to return to the t300. people of course there are different nuances of their own.

there is + and - fanatec has the advantage of being able to be configured on the settings screen. But to be honest, it's only a few weeks to adjust these parameters and not touch them. You will need them only in rare cases. . You also probably noticed how the power of the FFb is lost on t300 during long games. You can not fasten the steering wheel as a thrustmaster through an adapter and you need to buy a separate hub that costs around 400 dollars or Euros, that is, It is very expensive in this situation. + Calibration is very quiet and gentle. but I also have a minus, I have questions for it, it does not always calibrate the steering wheel, which is not expected for such money problems. but this technique can all fail, you must also understand. If it hurts you to buy a new steering wheel, then I would go for clab sport 2.5.

Last edited:
Even though I didn't receive as many replies/tests from CSL Elite owners as I hoped I would, the wheel developed a new issue - a scratching sound inside the base while steering. So it's going back.

P.S. No, it's not too tight or anything, it does the same thing without the steering wheel attached.

Even though I didn't receive as many replies/tests from CSL Elite owners as I hoped I would, the wheel developed a new issue - a scratching sound inside the base while steering. So it's going back.

P.S. No, it's not too tight or anything, it does the same thing without the steering wheel attached.

Yeah looks like something wrong there bro. Thinking now you may have just been unlucky with the odd bad wheel. Keep us updated when you get a return.

Some additional discussion for you guys;
Would you recommend for me to switch to CSW 2.5 rather than CSL Elite? I was thinking about that also, it's just that I would be missing the base LEDs and I'm a bit afraid of 900 degree turn only, also I prefer the Elite P1 wheel rather than the XBOX P1 one.
Also I'm not sure if there's enough improvements to justify the price and deal with the missing LEDs/turn rate and different wheel.
What do you say?

Has anyone had any success mounting the Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 wheel and load cell pedals to a Next Level Racing wheel stand?
I have been using the wheel stand with my G29, but am seriously considering upgrading to a CSL Elite.
I’ve been searching online and seems there is some conflicting info. Some say they had to drill holes to the wheel plate to enable the pedals to fit, while others have said now Next Level includes a pedal adapter for Fanatec pedals (mine didn’t).
Because Next Level takes about 24 business hours to reply to email, going back and forth with them has already taken some time.
Thought I would check here to see if anyone has had any luck with it.

I have a similar rubbing noise. A few pages earlier: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...licensed-for-ps4.356268/page-70#post-12669611 As I understand it, all CSL Elite bases have this rubbing noise. It's okay, just a belt rubs against the drive flange. I still have this noise, but it is almost imperceptible, especially against the background of a working steering.

Noise rubbing has been heard and confirmed by more than 6 owners of CSL Elite :)

I have the CSL (Xbox version) and have had no problems at all. *See below

In fact, coming from Thrustmaster it's night and day. So much smoother, whisper quiet with much improved ffb specifically with the subtle bits such as kerbs and understeer.

*I did have a mild hiccup with the latest firmware however. After updating the base, it had a small amount of play and a clunky sound 4-5° right/left from center.

I reverted back to the beta firmware and it disappeared.

Would you recommend for me to switch to CSW 2.5 rather than CSL Elite? I was thinking about that also, it's just that I would be missing the base LEDs and I'm a bit afraid of 900 degree turn only, also I prefer the Elite P1 wheel rather than the XBOX P1 one.
Also I'm not sure if there's enough improvements to justify the price and deal with the missing LEDs/turn rate and different wheel.
What do you say?
If you don't need PS4 compatibility, then yes, the ClubSport base is a higher performance device. While we were able to share the motor and electronics between the WB+ and V2.5, the internal mechanisms are completely different. The V2.5 has a different reduction ratio which results in higher torque, and the dual belt system is totally different. It results in a smoother and more robust steering feel, and, perhaps most notably in relation to your concerns, the tendency to 'knock' due to belt tension is much lower.

Would you recommend for me to switch to CSW 2.5 rather than CSL Elite?

I take you bought the bundle:

So you decided to return your CSL Elite Ps4 bundle back for money instead of sending it for replacement unit/RMA..? Well that could be a good call
as they already told you they couldn't identify the problem, so in the worst case you'd just end up paying the shipping costs.
But, i quess it's easy to add 'just a little more money' once you have already paid them, but isn't the CSW 2.5 bundle/full set like ~2 or 3 times more expensive? ...I believe you had a reason to choose the CSL Elite Ps4 in the first place.
Haven't you considered the TS-PC from Thrustmasters??

Last edited:
Sorry just edited my earlier post in the same minute... Hope it makes sense. Anyway i quess it's up to you and how much you are willing to pay.

I'm a poor console peasant, so for me it's a full set or nothing... But you can exchange your CSL bundle to CSW 2,5 base and continue using your T300RS pedals on PC, so you have more options.

Last edited:
I did not understand something! You can return your kit and add money and buy
ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 ?
Well you can return your unit withing one month and get you money back (so i believe) ...Took me one month to understand that my unit was faulty and give them evidence about it... ;)

Well you can return your unit withing one month and get you money back (so i believe) ...Took me one month to understand that my unit was faulty and give them evidence about it... ;)
05/01/2019 order was made, now there are problems. Or can you say that all is not lost?

Remind me, how was your unit faulty again?

Anyway, I bought CSL Elite PS4 Bundle for like 540Eur, I could return it and get CSW 2.5 Bundle for 700Eur. What I'm wondering if it's really worth it, or not. I've read throughout the forums, reddit, etc. but some people say definitely yes and some people say no, that it's only marginal. And most of them never had both wheels to directly compare, just one of those, so it's hard to decide for me.

oVerDriver
Let me ask you a couple of questions!
1) You use the base for 100% YOU for how much FOR ?
2) do you grab the power steering and feel it well.
3) Are you satisfied with the wheel that is included? As I heard from my friends, they are not happy with the wheel, and everyone is buying either formula steering wheels or BMW and Porsche. BUT the fact is that the BMW wheels weigh a little more than the wheel you now have. And CSL will quiet down a bit from such wheel weight. If you like strong feedback like me and you really want to continue to buy fanatеk steering wheels in the future, then I would move to the sport. That's all I wanted to say))

After seening so many post about csl elite ps 4 having so many probs, now im afraid to buy it...but in the next 2 weeks i will have to decide what route should i go, so i kinda need your help guys.
Owned a g920 went to a tx (witch burned) then i got a t500 locally . I sold everything and took a break , now i want to return.
My budget is close to 600 hundred euros but i ll ask the following what should i buy:
Thrustmaster T-gt 499 euros on amazon + shipping 50 euro
Fanatec Csl elite 540 euros + 140 euro shpping ( over my budget but i can wait more )
Fanatec V2.5 699 + 140 euro shipping ( way over my budget should i wait even more?)
I can also think at ts-pc / ts 488 or ts xw.
I do not own a ps4 but i will in the future , Gt sport is not my main game , but i will play it , i do play on pc mostly.
Does price difference justify the ffb feeling, road feeling immersion etc?
Can someone that owned csl and v2.5 explain the difference?

Thanks for taking time and read my post .

Last edited:
After seening so many post about csl elite ps 4 having so many probs, now im afraid to buy it...but in the next 2 weeks i will have to decide what route should i go, so i kinda need your help guys.
Owned a g920 went to a tx (witch burned) then i got a t500 locally . I sold everything and took a break , now i want to return.
My budget is close to 600 hundred euros but i ll ask the following what should i buy:
Thrustmaster T-gt 499 euros on amazon + shipping 50 euro
Fanatec Csl elite 540 euros + 140 euro shpping ( over my budget but i can wait more )
Fanatec V2.5 699 + 140 euro shipping ( way over my budget should i wait even more?)
I can also think at ts-pc / ts 488 or ts xw.
I do not own a ps4 but i will in the future , Gt sport is not my main game , but i will play it , i do play on pc mostly.
Does price difference justify the ffb feeling, road feeling immersion etc?
Can someone that owned csl and v2.5 explain the difference?

Thanks for taking time and read my post .
CSL Elite(the PS4 versions) and T-GT are compatible with PS4.
CSW V2.5, TS-PC, TS-XW are not compatible with PS4, but they can be made compatible if you buy DriveHub.

Last edited:
Back