Fanatec CSL or 1.06 Issue?

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 13 comments
United States
United States
I discovered an odd issue last night with the in game degrees of rotation. My favorite Gr3 and Gr4 cars prior to 1.06 were the M6 and TT. After 1.06 I became very uncompetitive and eben saw my DR level drop as I now struggled to drive these cars. In addtion to the wonky TCS on the M6 , I found i had difficulty cornering in both cars.

The kicker is my change from the G29 to the CSL elite coincided with the patch update. So I wasn't sure if I just needed to get the wheel dialed. I've tried to dial in for a week to no avail.

I originally had the csl wheel set to 900 degrees. I noticed last night driving the M6 that when the wheel was turned to 90 deg, the onscreen wheel was only at about 60-70 degrees. Now the cool thing about the csl is the DOR can be adjusted by 10 deg increments in real time. If you turn the wheel off center or to 90 deg as I did , the on wheel adjustment will correct the onscreen position in real time. The M6 needed to be adjusted to 540 deg for the 90 deg points to match. The car now drove perfectly , except for the weird tcs. I hopped in the TT and it was the same, 540 matched the 90 degree mark.

Later I drove the gr4 Porsche and promptly spun out on the first corner. It was plain to see I was over steering. After checking, DOR had to be increased to 900 to match the 90 deg mark. Interestingly the wheel has an auto setting , but that seems to calibrate to 1080 degrees.

So any thoughts? Is this Wheel related or game related. I returned the g29 so I can't confirm on my own.
Luckily the adjustment can be done real time so I'm just checking during warm up and practice and adjusting for car as needed. I can also save presets for 1 touch switching so I have a setting for 540 and one for 900 so far.

For me it's correct and changing with the cars. Set the CSL to purple (G29 emulation) as there is no Fanatec support in game.
Yes. Already doing that that's the only way to get force feedback. I guess when I get home I'll try to reboot both the game and wheel while on the auto setting and see if that works.

Yes. That's what we are already discussing. I mentioned in th OP auto calibrates the wheel to 1060 for me. So I'm having to manually adjust based on car.
Maybe you can set it in pc software. Considering Its emulating a G29 it should automatically change the rotation. It does for me anyways with a different branded wheel and also @PolarClaw. Perhaps you should try resetting one of the profiles?

Maybe you can set it in pc software. Considering Its emulating a G29 it should automatically change the rotation. It does for me anyways with a different branded wheel and also @PolarClaw. Perhaps you should try resetting one of the profiles?
Will try that when I get home. At least I know now its not game related.

I reset one of the wheel settings, and the game and tried auto again. It's perfect now! It maybe that once you switch from auto you need to reset the game for it to go back and won't do real time like the manual adjustments. I did both the wheel and game so not sure if one was the culprit over another. But I do know ffb behaves strangely if you wake game up from rest without a full power reset.

Could be placebo but the whole wheels feels better. I'm in love again.

I reset one of the wheel settings, and the game and tried auto again. It's perfect now! It maybe that once you switch from auto you need to reset the game for it to go back and won't do real time like the manual adjustments. I did both the wheel and game so not sure if one was the culprit over another. But I do know ffb behaves strangely if you wake game up from rest without a full power reset.

Could be placebo but the whole wheels feels better. I'm in love again.
It sometimes happens to me too When I switch from F1 2017 to Pcars 2 with my TM wheel. It stays at 360 degrees (game setting in f1, not wheel setting) and stays that way when I switch to Pcars2. Maybe you were playing a different game that caused the issue?

Back