Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 903 comments
Yup..long time…not sure whats so hard about walking a small box down to the dock where fedex picks it up. Rocket surgery, this is not.
IMG_5333.jpeg

Eta: re: wheels.

Love my 330mm. In vr its good enough to mimic most road car rims..its also nice for some gr4 cars with round(er) wheels. Personally, again in vr..flats ok for some mind bendy reason). 330mm seems to be too much for 8nm. Its great when 1 handing it while using the shifter, but as soon as i put the right hand on, it really seems to deaden things. 🤷‍♂️

Have the 265mm f1 esports v2 for gr3 up and agree that its a bit small (6’2”). I wanted an authentic size, got it, and now see why you all went with a 300mm variety.

Last edited:
I'm considering the Clubsport RS. If you are swapping between the RS and the 2.5X do you have to remap you buttons each time or are they set up so they are in the same place in config. I found I can't swap between the GT wheel and the 2.5X without having to remap...
I use a DD Pro base for playing GT7 on the PS5. I've been using a little hack to get different button mappings for my two steering wheels.

When the DD Pro base is set to compatibility mode (purple LED), GT7 recognizes it as a CSL Elite wheel base. The button mappings on the CSL Elite setup page work accordingly.

When the base is set to native mode (blue LED), GT7 recognizes it as a GT DD Pro wheel base. You can then have a separate button mapping on the GT DD Pro setup page.

When I switch wheels, I also switch compatibility/native mode. As of GT7 1.42, if there is any difference in force feedback, I can't feel it.

There is one quirk, though, when using the left analog stick for camera control. In native (blue) mode, the stick works to look left and right. In compatibility (purple) mode, it works to look left, right, and back (stick down). Because of this added functionality, I use the RS wheel most of the time in compatibility mode.

Texas. It's always Texas that causes problems for the rest of the United States. They want to leave the union. Perhaps we should let them! LOL.
Shoot. It’s just a case of ANOTHER business going from California to more business-friendly Texas

Shoot. It’s just a case of ANOTHER business going from California to more business-friendly Texas
Apparently Texas isn’t any better than CA though. Sent to warehouse on the 9th, took my money on the 11. Overnight shipping selected..nothing but crickets since. No joy on the fedex ref # strat either.

Its brutal how hard they make walking a small box down to a loading dock seem. I feel like i could drive to texas and put it on a dang truck faster than they could…from Maryland =p

They make everything seem so dang hard ><

Apparently Texas isn’t any better than CA though. Sent to warehouse on the 9th, took my money on the 11. Overnight shipping selected..nothing but crickets since. No joy on the fedex ref # strat either.

Its brutal how hard they make walking a small box down to a loading dock seem. I feel like i could drive to texas and put it on a dang truck faster than they could…from Maryland =p

Same here, except I didn't get overnight shipping (too cheap for that). Was really hoping I would hear something before the weekend, as I assume they're closed. Going to be a long two days for them to open back up (maybe three if they're closed for President's Day). Then back to spamming the reference number.

What’s scary for me is I just sent my DD pro back to their California facility for repair. I’ll be curious to see what happens

What’s scary for me is I just sent my DD pro back to their California facility for repair. I’ll be curious to see what happens
Interesting.. ill be rma’ing my dd pro as soon as this thing shows. We’ll see where it goes then.

@dcmo3 that would be annoying if they took Monday off. I know if my company had jammed its **** in the dirt. Swan dive style ..this many times over that many months..i’d be running weekend crews until we were at least treading water. The corporate world befuddles me.

So they timed the warehouse move to be the same week as releasing the GT DD X? They said available and ready to ship is why I bought it, then they say in a post a week later "oh sorry, we are moving the warehouse to TX". Like they didn't know that when the info on website said ready to ship? That bugs me. So I wonder now if we're going to be waiting 3 months for these things with a million different "reasons" why they can't ship them out. But of course they bill your card before telling you they have some excuse why they aren't shipping but when they take your money it's "ready to ship". That's pretty low down and dirty.
edit- I should qualify that. IF that's what happened, it's low down and dirty.

Last edited:
Are we allowed to use extension cords? Ie a 15amp 3 footer?

Same question with the usb c cord. I have a 3 foot usb c extension which would make life much easier.

However, if using this stuff will invoke wet gremlins i don’t want to tempt fate.

Are we allowed to use extension cords? Ie a 15amp 3 footer?

Same question with the usb c cord. I have a 3 foot usb c extension which would make life much easier.

However, if using this stuff will invoke wet gremlins i don’t want to tempt fate.
I’m using an extension cord connected to a smart wall plug (so I can turn the base on and off via Alexa) and also a USB 3.0 extension on my DD Pro. No problems at all.

Good news, it shipped. Fanatec Website is not updating which they should fix. But I have a fedex account, decided to check that, and the tracking info is in there. Should be delivered in a few days. Ordered on the 9th, it shipped out on the 16th, should be here by 23rd. So took a week to ship out, and will take a week to arrive after that, so two weeks total from order to delivery if it gets here on time. Not too bad I guess.

Last edited:
BWX
Good news, it shipped. Fanatec Website is not updating which they should fix. But I have a fedex account, decided to check that, and the tracking info is in there. Should be delivered in a few days. Ordered on the 9th, it shipped out on the 16th, should be here by 23rd. So took a week to ship out, and will take a week to arrive after that, so two weeks total from order to delivery if it gets here on time. Not too bad I guess.
Now GT7 needs to get FullForce patched in, as well as showing up as one of the default wheels. Would really like some official settings from Fanatec too, if nothing more than a baseline to start from.

Now GT7 needs to get FullForce patched in, as well as showing up as one of the default wheels. Would really like some official settings from Fanatec too, if nothing more than a baseline to start from.
Yeah definitely. Hope it'll happen pretty quick.

"New force feedback protocol developed for Fanatec Direct Drive"

Will this mean all other fanatec direct drive wheels get this feature too with next firmware?

Is this wheel offical released already?`When firmware and when gt7 patch?

Last edited:
"New force feedback protocol developed for Fanatec Direct Drive"

Will this mean all other fanatec direct drive wheels get this feature too with next firmware?

Is this wheel offical released already?`When firmware and when gt7 patch?
They said other wheels won't get the full force option, has to do with response time - something related to hardware, not just software.

Maryland here. Fedex picked my shipment last night 7 edt from Irving, tx, and say it will arrive today. 1st east coast ship ive heard of! No tracking, did the ref# thing
I think I saw your message on the Fanatec forum but I’ll ask here. Does it show on your tracking what day your shipping label was created? My label has been in “created” state since Monday. I fear for the worse. Thanks.

Monday, 2/19/24 12:00 AM - Picked up
Monday, 2/19/24 - 7am - Arrived at FedEx location IRVING, TX

Mine's going to NY

BWX
Monday, 2/19/24 12:00 AM - Picked up
Monday, 2/19/24 - 7am - Arrived at FedEx location IRVING, TX

Mine's going to NY
I’m a bit more interested in Kriptical’s status since he did overnight shipping like I did. From another person I talked to on Reddit it doesn’t seem like the overnight orders were picked up on Monday, even though the FedEx shipping label was created earlier in the day. I don’t have many datapoints to make a generalized statement, but nevertheless I’m worried my package is in limbo.

I think I saw your message on the Fanatec forum but I’ll ask here. Does it show on your tracking what day your shipping label was created? My label has been in “created” state since Monday. I fear for the worse. Thanks.
Hmm. Dang. I can’t get to a desktop and haven’t figured out how to get to the reference number search on my iphone. However, fedex was completely empty until 7 last nite. It seems number generation and pick up closely coincided. As if my shipment was on the last pallate of the day. Roughly, where do you live? The dispersals, if im reading tea leaves, kinda felt regional

Eta: my fedex account was checked multiple times monday with no activity. It was crickets until a fedex app notification last night

Last edited:
Hmm. Dang. I can’t get to a desktop and haven’t figured out how to get to the reference number search on my iphone. However, fedex was completely empty until 7 last nite. It seems number generation and pick up closely coincided. As if my shipment was on the last pallate of the day. Roughly, where do you live? The dispersals, if im reading tea leaves, kinda felt regional

Eta: my fedex account was checked multiple times monday with no activity. It was crickets until a fedex app notification last night
NY, same as BWX. The label was created on Monday but it is Wednesday already and it hasn’t been picked up. I guess if it isn’t picked up by tonight, all is lost. Almost all the packages I read about are picked up the same day the FedEx shipping label was created. The warehouse workers probably messed things up.

NY, same as BWX. The label was created on Monday but it is Wednesday already and it hasn’t been picked up. I guess if it isn’t picked up by tonight, all is lost. Almost all the packages I read about are picked up the same day the FedEx shipping label was created. The warehouse workers probably messed things up.
Yep. Im afraid that would be a rational conclusion. Only glimmer of hope would be if one of you were in the city and the other up in bumble. Ie Canton or something

Back