Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 642 comments
I haven't updated anything on my DD+, so I'm just running whatever it came out of the box with and it works just fine. I don't think I'm going to touch it till a newer update comes out and people report fewer issues.

I haven't updated anything on my DD+, so I'm just running whatever it came out of the box with and it works just fine. I don't think I'm going to touch it till a newer update comes out and people report fewer issues.
I can’t stop wondering if pd is going to ninja us again.

Might be worth installing Driver 456 but just update the wheels, pedals and qr, leave the base firmware on the 455 driver
I was already on 456, but rolled back the base without touching anything else. Haven't had a single disconnect since.

Might be worth installing Driver 456 but just update the wheels, pedals and qr, leave the base firmware on the 455 driver
Maybe for my DD Pro disconnect issues. I think that thing is still on 454. I just know that my DD+ does not disconnect at all with 455.
My V3 pedals haven't had any new firmware versions since 443. My BMW wheel has had no updates since PC driver 450. The only new firmware update is for my F1 V2.5 wheel, so that might be worth trying. My DD+ is going back to FANATEC once they get around to sending me the RMA. Would be nice to have my DD Pro disconnect solved as I will be using that for at least a few months. God knows how long it will take to get the PLUS back. :lol:

GT7 update 1.44 still doesn't have DD+/DDE support :confused:
And the force strength is still nerfed, the same as in the last update.
Really wondering what they are doing over there at sony // pd. Streaming people had the wheel pre release so there were models to work on and flesh out for months while the rest of us waited. Its not as if they are making tracks or viable online race cars. I mean, does that weird photography cosplay, known as scapes, take that many people to bang out? (Its weird because automotive photography has been dead for years..with the overwhelming majority being renders.)

Anyway, guess its time to be grateful they didn’t screw things up worse..i hope..took a few days to find the bugs last time. 🙄

I just noticed that the analog stick input is now inverted in GT7 on the PBME, but not on the Formula V2.5, it’s quite weird. Not sure whether that’s changed in this update 1.44 or one of the previous updates.

Last edited:
GT7 update 1.44 still doesn't have DD+/DDE support :confused:
And the force strength is still nerfed, the same as in the last update.
Logitech Pro Wheel user here, the DDE ffb is also nerfed? Do you know what your real time torque is? Mine seems to hit a max of 7.1 nm.

@super_gt
Good man could you explain me the following maybe.
When I try to play Crew Motorfest on Ps5 with the Extreme Wheel it doesn't seem to get recognized at all, means I can't use it on this specific game.

As soon as I switch to my McLaren GT3 Wheel though it works absolutely flawless.
My question is, on which end is the problem.
Does the Extreme Wheel have to get an update on Fanatec or on Ubisoft side?

@super_gt
When I try to play Crew Motorfest on Ps5 with the Extreme Wheel it doesn't seem to get recognized at all, means I can't use it on this specific game.

As soon as I switch to my McLaren GT3 Wheel though it works absolutely flawless.
I have no idea, I don't have this game.
Better ask Maurice Böschen here.

@super_gt

Just curious, have you tried compatibility modes?

You would hope that Sony / PD would have done their due diligence on Endor / Fanatec before their "official partnership". I am sure all will be fine but it appears they needed a scapegoat; and will now focus on resolving outstanding issues / growth.

It’s a common occurrence when companies outgrow their “founders” initial vision. By all accounts, Thomas is 100% a super fan of sim racing and racing in general. He had an idea, brought some innovative products to the hobby, brought innovation, and has a clear vision on what kinds of products he’d like to bring next. All that said, there’s the devil in company growth and that’s keeping all the gears working as seamless as possible. Those gears are production efficiency, logistics and above all customer support. Those things may not be his strong suit. Hopefully, they will put someone in place that can get customer support and production on point but leave him to keep the “vision” going. My only fear is that the company might 100% be lead by an accountant type. Those type of companies often lack creativity and are boring.

There’s a reason why Disney brought back Bob Iger and a reason why Apple fired Steve Jobs, then why he came back. It’s a tough balance.

Last edited:
FMW
It’s a common occurrence when companies outgrow their “founders” initial vision. By all accounts, Thomas is 100% a super fan of sim racing and racing in general. He had an idea, brought some innovative products to the hobby, brought innovation, and has a clear vision on what kinds of products he’d like to bring next. All that said, there’s the devil in company growth and that’s keeping all the gears working as seamless as possible. Those gears are production efficiency, logistics and above all customer support. Those things may not be his strong suit. Hopefully, they will put someone in place that can get customer support and production on point but leave him to keep the “vision” going. My only fear is that the company might 100% be lead by an accountant type. Those type of companies often lack creativity and are boring.

There’s a reason why Disney brought back Bob Iger and a reason why Apple fired Steve Jobs, then why he came back. It’s a tough balance.
I don't know man. I'm thinking there's a pretty good chance that Fanatec doesn't make it. After reading through everything I could on Fanatec's forum, the picture looks pretty bleak.

That would really suck in numerous ways. One of them is the wheel I'm trying to put together. I have a cube control rim, PAPM & PBMR, and the qr2, but I don't have the podium hub. Without that, the equipment is worthless. It's pre-order only, and that's not until May 21.

I really hope they make it, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Last edited:
Good morning, I followed this thread for a while now and just registered on GTP. Hello and happy easter to everybody !
I´m not sure what to do in the actual situation with Fanatec. To use it with GT7 on the PS5 I ordered the DD Extreme bundle and the CSL Elite V2 pedals mid february. In my order it was available from 28.03. Now I got a mail it´s delayed until 12.04.
With the actual discussion about Fanatecs future and a few problems with the hardware and firmwares would you just wait for it and hope they will fix everything or better cancel the order ?
Bodo

Good morning, I followed this thread for a while now and just registered on GTP. Hello and happy easter to everybody !
I´m not sure what to do in the actual situation with Fanatec. To use it with GT7 on the PS5 I ordered the DD Extreme bundle and the CSL Elite V2 pedals mid february. In my order it was available from 28.03. Now I got a mail it´s delayed until 12.04.
With the actual discussion about Fanatecs future and a few problems with the hardware and firmwares would you just wait for it and hope they will fix everything or better cancel the order ?
Bodo
If they're going to file bankruptcy, it'll probably be in June. So I would wait a bit longer. If it keeps slipping, though, I would strongly consider cancelling. You might want to look into what kind of chargeback window your credit card has.

You would hope that Sony / PD would have done their due diligence on Endor / Fanatec before their "official partnership". I am sure all will be fine but it appears they needed a scapegoat; and will now focus on resolving outstanding issues / growth.
"All will be fine" is very optimistic. Fanatec fired him, or really, he (as the majority owner) fired himself, because they can't pay their loans and otherwise they would have filed for bankruptcy. It seems that the banks have indeed deemed him the problem, which is why they demanded he go. You had better hope he wasn't a "scapegoat" and that a new CEO will make real changes, because if he was just a scapegoat then the company is sunk.

"All will be fine" is very optimistic. Fanatec fired him, or really, he (as the majority owner) fired himself, because they can't pay their loans and otherwise they would have filed for bankruptcy. It seems that the banks have indeed deemed him the problem, which is why they demanded he go. You had better hope he wasn't a "scapegoat" and that a new CEO will make real changes, because if he was just a scapegoat then the company is sunk.
Oh gee! Wait and see chap...Fanatec are here to stay for the long term, for all us sim racers ;)

Bodo
Hello and welcome,
I suggest you should just wait for your order.
Everything is fine with Fanatec and once you get your order delivered you will be a happy Man.
Of course you can always jump off and get yourself a Logitech or Thrust master Wheel.
Or you can wait until Moza, Simucube or Asetek come up with their Stuff.
The Sim Racing Market is currently a Battlefield where a lot of Money is to be made, thanks to GranTurismo.
It's all about Licensing you know.

My opinion and advice is still, go with Fanatec as their Products are very well engineered Stuff.
Especially the Fanatec DD + / Extreme is definitely Future proof once FullForce is implemented.
And don't you worry about Fanatec.
The Endor AG behind them is financially in good shape.
Just some Restructuring behind the Scenes.
Nothing that doesn't happen on a daily basis in many other big companies.
It's all about the Money 😉

Any way you look at it this is ugly, but it seems more likely that they would be bought out by some much larger company before they just go bankrupt and go out of business forever. Maybe this is the change that will lead to the better customer support and a better run business that we all want.

endore stock.jpg

Back