Fanatec GT2 CS edition order status

• Thread starter lunarwolf
  • 863 comments
My GT2 arrived yesterday.. for sure it's a thing of beauty as I'm now on my 3rd logitech wheel (they all still work) I can see the small differences from the original wheel.. this is a much more professional product in so many ways..

+1

Mine arrived this morning !!! I just drove it for an hour but and it's amazing !!!

Much better than my older G25 :sly:

I regret it SO much that I didn't order it back when it was 319, I'm really frustrated.
Honestly they can't expect people to pay THAT much more.

The GT2 kit is not for sale in North America, too. The components ordered separately would cost the buyer another $50.00USD (10% increase over kit). However, iirc, someone said that the GT2 kit would be put back as a purchase option in May?

The order of my CSP is change to delivered in 1 february 11.
Whats next ?I not have any emails...

You're not alone.

It seems they have changed all their shipping orders to delivered but have not actually sent them to UPS for delivery.

Mine and another members Wheel Stand changed to delivered on the website but we have not heard anything in the way of the invoice email or the UPS tracking info.

You're not alone.

It seems they have changed all their shipping orders to delivered but have not actually sent them to UPS for delivery.

Mine and another members Wheel Stand changed to delivered on the website but we have not heard anything in the way of the invoice email or the UPS tracking info.

You 're right

ok...! just received email from ups....delivery 14 febr 11...

i am waiting now the next package the GT2 Wheel...

from UPS

A label for this shipment has been created, but UPS does not yet have possession of this shipment. Once we receive the shipment, the tracking status will be updated.

But WHY can they ship GT3 RS V2 + CSP but NOT the Clubsport Edition?
Did they realise it was too "cheap"?
An extra 60 euros.
They don't have the 911 carrera in stock either.
Honestly I think they are hurting themselfs more by having this "high" price, people buy the G27 instead.

But WHY can they ship GT3 RS V2 + CSP but NOT the Clubsport Edition?
Did they realise it was too "cheap"?
An extra 60 euros.
They don't have the 911 carrera in stock either.
Honestly I think they are hurting themselfs more by having this "high" price, people buy the G27 instead.

I believe most of the issues revolve around not having the shifters. Anything with shifters is in bad shape and so they got rid of the packages until they have shifters again.

I cancelled my GT2 CS package since I haven't been playing much lately. Maybe, I'll pick one up when they improve qc and their inventory/shipping.

I cancelled my GT2 CS package since I haven't been playing much lately. Maybe, I'll pick one up when they improve qc and their inventory/shipping.

Well said, to me any new game I get really excited at first. I said I was going to buy this and that now......I'm like forget it. It's taking Fanatec too long why bother, the excitement is no longer there.

The clubsport package was not available, but I ordered a GT2, clubsport pedals, shifters, and a longer shifter cable. From looking through this thread, it looks like sometimes they ship items separately and other times they wait to ship until the entire order is in stock. Does anybody know if there is any rhyme or reason to how they ship non-package orders like mine?

Thanks!

The clubsport package was not available, but I ordered a GT2, clubsport pedals, shifters, and a longer shifter cable. From looking through this thread, it looks like sometimes they ship items separately and other times they wait to ship until the entire order is in stock. Does anybody know if there is any rhyme or reason to how they ship non-package orders like mine?

Thanks!

In mid December, I ordered the GT2, standard pedals and wheel stand. Two weeks later, I got the GT2, but no pedals or wheel stand. I contacted Claudia via email and cancelled the order for the pedals and wheel stand. I instead told her to send me the Clubsport pedals. Fanatec shipped the Clubsports within days of receiving the difference via Paypal. I had them about a week later.

Keep in mind that they cannot ship what they do not have.

I'm in need of some help. Does anyone know how long Fanatec usually takes to reply to technical support e-mails? I sent in a service request e-mail on Tuesday afternoon and have heard nothing from them all week.

Here is a description of my problem in case someone here can offer me some advice a little quicker than Fanatec: I just received a GT3 RS V2 wheel but, when I went to screw in one of the paddle shifter's screws, the internal washer came lose inside the wheel and now is rattling everywhere inside the wheel when I turn the wheel. Is there a way for me to get inside the wheel and fix the washer or should I just wait for Fanatec to ship me a new wheel? Also, has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

I'm in need of some help. Does anyone know how long Fanatec usually takes to reply to technical support e-mails? I sent in a service request e-mail on Tuesday afternoon and have heard nothing from them all week.

Here is a description of my problem in case someone here can offer me some advice a little quicker than Fanatec: I just received a GT3 RS V2 wheel but, when I went to screw in one of the paddle shifter's screws, the internal washer came lose inside the wheel and now is rattling everywhere inside the wheel when I turn the wheel. Is there a way for me to get inside the wheel and fix the washer or should I just wait for Fanatec to ship me a new wheel? Also, has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

You know I don't have one but it should be pretty easy to get inside there and find...I would think. Definitely DON'T keep using the wheel until you get the washer out of there. Good luck with a Fanatec reply:crazy:

You know I don't have one but it should be pretty easy to get inside there and find...I would think. Definitely DON'T keep using the wheel until you get the washer out of there. Good luck with a Fanatec reply:crazy:

Just got the washer out. I had to take the front cover off, which wasn't hard, and then "jiggle" the wheel around for like 7 minutes and then, whola!, the screw fell out.

Anyway, all I want Fanatec to do at this point is send me a new wheel. Everyone else hasn't had a problem getting them to do that so I should be set now that the washer is out. I don't have to worry about it damaging something as it jingles around in there.

I ordered my GT2 wheel, basic pedals, and shifter on Dec. 27th. I got my wheel about 2 weeks later, the pedals a weeks after that, and just got the shifter on Friday. Up until I got the shifter on Friday I had just been using the wheel and pedals to play. The wheel seemed to work well. I had a few problems with it here and there, (wheel freaking out and turning all the way to the left with the throttle stuck wide open, had to shut the whole thing off, also wheel disconnecting from the game and having to press the connect button to reconnect).

Now that I hooked up the shifter the wheel has gone nuts! It freezes up, the force feed back works about half the time, (sometimes it doesn't work and I have to power the wheel down and back on and then it works). It usually takes me 5 or 6 tries to calibrate the shifter until it finally works, (the wheel usually freaks out and the wheel's display screen shows odd symbols and then everything freezes up). I've sent a video of the problem along with all the info they need to process my claim. I hope I get this resolved. The wheel started to make a loud buzzing noise now that never goes away while the wheel is on.

A bad shifter cable was my first thought, but I used the pedal cable instead as Fanatec suggests to make sure it's not the cable and it still gets messed up half the time. And besides all that, even removing the shifter all together and going back to the way I used to have it, the wheel still only has force feed back half the time and it's making that loud buzzing noise now as well as the tuning display on the wheel going funky and showing weird symbols. It's almost like the shifter downloaded a virus onto my wheel. :crazy:

That sounds like a bad shifter cable to me...

That's what I thought but I used the cable from the pedals like Fanatec suggests to make sure the shifter cable isn't the culprit and it still only works half the time. And even with the shifter completely removed and going back to just the wheel and pedals, it still only has force feed back half the time, the wheel still keeps disconnecting from my console during game play, and the wheel still makes a loud buzzing noise at all times while the wheel is on. The wheel's display still goes kooky sometimes as well when I try and tune the wheel. It's almost like the shifter downloaded a virus onto my wheel. :crazy:

In light of my own problems with defects found in my GT3 RS V2 wheel and those reported by others, I want to ask the following question to all Fanatec GT3 RS V2 and GT2 owners: has anyone NOT had problems with their Fanatec equipment for a significant period of time?

Granted, the unhappy voices are usually the loudest (mine being an unhappy voice in this thread), but it really seems to me after reading on this forum for several weeks that many people are encountering unacceptable defects with their Fanatec products. Comments?

In light of my own problems with defects found in my GT3 RS V2 wheel and those reported by others, I want to ask the following question to all Fanatec GT3 RS V2 and GT2 owners: has anyone NOT had problems with their Fanatec equipment for a significant period of time?

Granted, the unhappy voices are usually the loudest (mine being an unhappy voice in this thread), but it really seems to me after reading on this forum for several weeks that many people are encountering unacceptable defects with their Fanatec products. Comments?

I have had a Fanatec GT2 wheel since late December. I use it daily, some times as much as six or seven hours on my PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. I have had NO problems. I also have had the Clubsport pedals since early January. Same usage as the wheel. NO problems.

I have had a Fanatec GT2 wheel since late December. I use it daily, some times as much as six or seven hours on my PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. I have had NO problems. I also have had the Clubsport pedals since early January. Same usage as the wheel. NO problems.

And who did you bet on for the Super Bowl, over/under?

Back