Fanatec Opens Limited Pre-Orders for New CSL Elite McLaren GT3 Wheel

I'm giddy, gt...seriously I am. I have work to do for the office, not tomorrow, but tonight as I mentioned I would forward something tonight and I can't focus!

If I just get through it then I can read my manuals and start to remove my pedals, shifter and wheel tonight from my rig before I go to bed (wife and daughter already sleeping). Once a year (sometimes every two years) I make a sim gear purchase and this is the biggest one so far. Christmas early this year.

Should I wrap them before unboxing? :confused::lol:

After you have taken your gear out of the Boxes, then Yes, by All Means Wrap them up and stick them under the tree..
Then Christmas morning, you'll have a few boxes to unwrap...

Dude, you're awesome!

Thank you!

EDIT: What about the other accessories? Pedals, Hub, Shifter, etc?
The Firmware in the Base takes care of everything else...

Edit: Humm, I see I may have not been doing it right...

I guess each Device that Has a USB connection Has it's own Firmware.
I was doing the Base Firmware update with all the devices connected to the Base...

But I see you can Update the Pedals seperately..

So I think that is the way to go...
Do Each Device with a USB connection one by one.

Last edited:
It depends on the game but the game developers can use it to show anything. We expect that the most important titles will full support it.
Wow! Now that's a bit of unexpected news I haven't heard yet. Just keeps getting better! :cheers:

What's great about this wheel is that appearance wise it's close enough (ballpark) to pretend that you're driving with the RL wheel of most other GT3 cars as well. And LMP and F1 cars too. Very versatile.

About the QR system: Is this the system where you need a screwdriver (or other tool)? Whereas the the Clubsport QR system is the one where you just click it in place? Is it the Clubsport QR system that will be used for the DD wheels?

Also, if we order this wheel, can we ask that it be upgraded to the Clubsport QR system before it's sent? Or will we have to do the upgrade ourselves?

They could potentially have a carbon faceplate on the front like the formula carbon but it would cost €70+ more and not really worth it for the CSL line IMO. The carbon effect on the CSL Xbox Base wouldn't look very convincing either, plus the fact not all the real ones have visible carbon weave.

Full carbon fibre rims which I assume they will do for the Podium wheels aren't going to be cheap either, at least €750 and upwards.

Last edited:
They could potentially have a carbon faceplate on the front like the formula carbon but it would cost €70+ more and not really worth it for the CSL line IMO. The carbon effect on the CSL Xbox Base wouldn't look very convincing either, plus the fact not all the real ones have visible carbon weave.

Full carbon fibre rims which I assume they will do for the Podium wheels aren't going to be cheap either, at least €750 and upwards.

But all promo material shows that it has

But all promo material shows that it has
Oh really, my bad wasn't paying attention. In that case Rene's wheel is probably a beta unit, they don't bother with the final finish on those just the materials. The CSL XB1 beta base didn't have the carbon effect or digital print on the front it was just plain plastic.

I have two (other) orders but they are from UK (unless amazon is tricking me).
What does your 'order page' say on Fanatec.com? Who was the email from?

Looking at the wheel page it's say the package weighs 2.0Kg and it's freight weight is 4.2Kg.

What does your 'order page' say on Fanatec.com? Who was the email from?

Looking at the wheel page it's say the package weighs 2.0Kg and it's freight weight is 4.2Kg.

It has not been updated.
The strange thing is that other (UK orders) are standard shipping. I'm starting to think that Amazon UK is tricking me and I got my hopes up.

And all this time, I just thought it was plastic, with a carbon fiber looking finish. O

Hi there,

Did anyone have privilege info of this RIM working with AC and PC4 in consoles PS4 more specifically? will appreciate!!!!!!!

Latest Posts

Back