Fanatec Opens Limited Pre-Orders for New CSL Elite McLaren GT3 Wheel

Guys, those of you that will have it in hands please promisse to maka photos, videos etc...I am very curious for this rim.

Man, we are about to hit February, which was supposed to be the delivery month, and we haven't heard anything...really, we haven't heard anything from fanatec, in general, since very early in January (2nd i believe?).

What was the " in stock" date for febtuary... in the preorder I believe it was set somte date like 23th February for example???

What was the " in stock" date for febtuary... in the preorder I believe it was set somte date like 23th February for example???

Krassi, the date I always remember is February 15th...I don't believe I have any link to back that up. I just remember it from the time I ordered the wheel and thinking that I'd probably get it sometime later in February as a result.

Some here suggested it was going to be pushed back but I never saw anything that verified that news. It was just speculation.

Also Feb 15. Don;t know if this is a 'place holder' or the date it will be shipped or the date we can expect it at our doormat?

Order History
Date Added:
24/11/2017
Estimated shipping date: 15/02/2018

But i read about late preorders with march as date
Also Feb 15. Don;t know if this is a 'place holder' or the date it will be shipped or the date we can expect it at our doormat?

The silence from @Fanatec... is deafening. What's happening Thomas?

Yeah, February 15th for me, as well.

...and again I will repeat this and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I believe fanatec really hasn't posted anything new to their community since January 2nd. It's just really surprising given where we may be at with both the Podium Series and the McLaren Wheel.

d12823d880e5476b0a58f451083314.jpg

Link

Ok. that's a bit of a disappointment then. Would be nice if we received a message about this delay and a new (expected) delivery date.
I seriously checked daily if the pre order maybe was already shipped earlier. Above message states the opposite.
Team Fanatec doesn't like this either and they work hard to 'solve' this. So we're kind of in the same boat.
Despite news we do not want to hear or read keep communicating to avoid speculation.

It's an estimate shipment date so I'd take it for what it's worth. But if their shipment isn't on slow boat from China by now, we may not see this until April since China is shutting down couple weeks for Chinese New Year.

Agreed with much of the above.

Hey, I'm fine with waiting and I am OK with them having my money. However, just give an idea of when it might be.

CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3
We had some last minute electrostatic issues on this product and we had to make some small design changes. This means that the shipping date will be postponed to late April.
All customers who pre-ordered the steering wheel will get an e-mail and they can also expect a nice compensation for this delay. All affected customers will get a free ClubSport quick release adapter or a coupon code if they already purchased one. Of course they can also cancel the pre-order at any time.
https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discu...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

So more waiting, but free QR, its more then ok for me.

We had some last minute electrostatic issues on this product and we had to make some small design changes. This means that the shipping date will be postponed to late April.
All customers who pre-ordered the steering wheel will get an e-mail and they can also expect a nice compensation for this delay. All affected customers will get a free ClubSport quick release adapter or a coupon code if they already purchased one. Of course they can also cancel the pre-order at any time.
https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discu...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Late April is a bit of a kick in the teeth but I'd rather wait and have a fully working product. The offer of a QR is very welcome. Well done @Fanatec...

Good clarification and quick repsonse. Good job Fanatec! 👍

Fanatec knows how to treat loyal customers. The update is honest and the compensation for the late release is a good deal. I was beginning to worry about them but now I am satisfied again, like I have been with all their products since November.

I preordered it with the quick release but I did not receive any email. Am I supposed to ?
You will get a mail within a couple of days. If you already ordered the Quick release for the McLaren rim you will get a coupon for the same value and if you only ordered the rim you will get the QR for free ($99,95). Very nice service to us pre customers who pre ordered this.

I assume Fanatec has some extra time pressure right now to send us the mentioned mail and Carnaval has noithing to do with it ;)

I got an email from Fanatec saying the new target date is now April 23 2018, for both the QR and the McLaren GT3 wheel.

Dear Valued Customer,

Hereby we inform you that the shipping date for your order has been changed.
The estimated shipping date for CSL E RMcL / CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 is 04/23/2018 now.

You will get an email confirmation as soon as the goods ships from the warehouse.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards

I just received a email from Fanatec, only mentioning a delay. Nothing of an adapter for the wait. I would love to be compensated equally.

I just received a email from Fanatec, only mentioning a delay. Nothing of an adapter for the wait. I would love to be compensated equally.
Have you read the update on the Fanatec blog about this? If you pre ordered this new wheel and you did not order the QR you will get if for free automatically. If you order the QR release you will get a voucher

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/categ...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet (search for balda neverevic).

I also got the same mail as mentionted by you.

Back