Fanatec Opens Limited Pre-Orders for New CSL Elite McLaren GT3 Wheel

I was on here the other day wondering if the “processed” date controlled the order. When was yours processed? Mine was ordered nov 25 and processed 27th. Just got tracking info for mine a few min ago. Arrives Sat.
Ordered Nov 25, process date also Nov 25. Not sure but I think because of the huge amounts of orders Fanatec (or their logistic warehouse partner?) sends out in batches to streamline the shipment process better?

Ordered Nov 25, process date also Nov 25. Not sure but I think because of the huge amounts of orders Fanatec (or their logistic warehouse partner?) sends out in batches to streamline the shipment process better?
I assume there will be a few big batches the first few days. I had the same order date as a few others in here and didnt get a tracking number until day(s) later than them. I’m sure yours will come soon. Based on the rate of confirmed tracking numbers in this thread I have to think they are working as fast as they can. I know how you feel. I admit I was feeling a litlle left out when others were posting tracking numbers who ordered on the same day I did. Hang in there man!

Last edited:
Really can’t be thankful enough that the Hub was added free. That kind of follow through is something a lot of companies these days have forgotten how to do.

Agree to a point, fanatec knew australian/japan orders were going to be delayed another month due to 'logistics' but didn't tell anyone until the day we all expected it to be shipping out.. Piss poor and fanatec know most of us will still be customers anyway.

Last edited:
Really can’t be thankful enough that the Hub was added free. That kind of follow through is something a lot of companies these days have forgotten how to do.

My problem is that I bought the hub and now don't know what to use the coupon on (kinda want the posche rim but at this point it is became a collecting thing and not a need. My sensible side says "stop it")

I assume there will be a few big batches the first few days. I had the same order date as a few others in here and didnt get a tracking number until day(s) later than them. I’m sure yours will come soon. Based on the rate of confirmed tracking numbers in this thread I have to think they are working as fast as they can. I know how you feel. I admit I was feeling a litlle left out when others were posting tracking numbers who ordered on the same day I did. Hang in there man!
May be I was not so clear in my previous message but I'm already enjoying this new great wheel :)

Today I will do some thorough testing and placing new buttons and stickers to my liking.

Agree to a point, fanatec knew australian/japan orders were going to be delayed another month due to 'logistics' but didn't tell anyone until the day we all expected it to be shipping out.. Piss poor and fanatec know most of us will still be customers anyway.

Stop making assumptions about other people and companies and your life will get a lot less painful. Things like this are completely out of their control. Being a small company and shipping all around the world is not a simple thing at all.

I was on here the other day wondering if the “processed” date controlled the order. When was yours processed? Mine was ordered nov 25 and processed 27th. Just got tracking info for mine a few min ago. Arrives Sat.

Thanks T Dubs, mine was ordered and processed and confirmed on the 25th. I remember the delays everyone was talking about at the time with processing, but my wasn't long.

I now have the tracking number on both the wheel and collar, but now I am nervous about my standard shipping...it could be a loooong wait from California.

Please keep in mind the wallet was light in Novemeber as I had also ordered the v2.5 base, universal hub, pedals, shifter and wheel all in the same 24 hour period.

Oh well.

Last edited:
Just got a email saying mine won't ship till the 25/05 :( pretty annoyed with all this now after months and months of waiting..

I can understand your frustration, but imagine how long we will need to wait - the ones that dont have preorder? So, at least you have guaranteed date and piece of the GT3 tim!;)

Does anyone know if you can change your type of shipping with Fed Ex even after it has started?

Just curious.

I will probably give them a call, either way, just to see.

BTW, just a reminder to all...this is truly the Golden Age of Simracing...in case anyone forgot.

Gentlemen, can you share your settings under CSW 2.5 or Elite base?
In this style:
Sleep 380
FF100
SHO 100
ABS OFF
DRI OFF
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR OFF
BRF 029
FEI 100.
Under the Assetto Corsa and RaceRoom Racing Experience.
And how do you assign knob buttons, what are you going to use in these games?
I apologize for English with a Google translator.

@Fanatec...

Doing something like the above, and the other little rollout tidbits via Youtube are nicely done, to the point and well appreciated.

Please keep doing these.

Thank you, fanatec.
Now I know Why simracinggirl was hired. Smart move in my opinion! She wasn’t producing enough content on her channel to live off anyway.

Now I know Why simracinggirl was hired. Smart move in my opinion! She wasn’t producing enough content on her channel to live off anyway.

Good point, PZ...but man she was getting a lot of free stuff by all the developers/hardware manufacturers, and quickly!

Fanatec should go back and have her do walk-throughs and set-ups on already released products, too (above and beyond what she has already done to this point). Seriously, it is such a service to their customers.

EDIT: As an example Collective Minds does a great job with the Drive Hub support videos.

Good point, PZ...but man she was getting a lot of free stuff by all the developers/hardware manufacturers, and quickly!

Fanatec should go back and have her do walk-throughs and set-ups on already released products, too (above and beyond what she has already done to this point). Seriously, it is such a service to their customers.

EDIT: As an example Collective Minds does a great job with the Drive Hub support videos.
From pr perspective she is female, cute and knowledgable as well. So very marketable and a good spokesperson. No offense, but the ceo looks very awkward in video’s.

From pr perspective she is female, cute and knowledgable as well. So very marketable and a good spokesperson. No offense, but the ceo looks very awkward in video’s.

Thomas does a lot of that on purpose, given his sense of humor. That said, you are right with respect to what SRG brings to the table.

However, I still want guys like Shaun Cole at The Simpit getting this and other gear early to do in depth reviews.

I don't think reviews should be left up to what is now an employee of the company.

Thomas does a lot of that on purpose, given his sense of humor. That said, you are right with respect to what SRG brings to the table.

However, I still want guys like Shaun Cole at The Simpit getting this and other gear early to do in depth reviews.

I don't think reviews should be left up to what is now an employee of the company.
The issue is that it is hard for these guys to stay unbiased etc. I don’t know how these arrangement work, but they should send out “review” units and not just give free stuff. Getting something for free just influenced a reviewers credibility. I know some are refrained from giving negative comments, out of fear they won’t get free stuff anymore. I am not talking about simracing but productreviews in general. I much prefer reviews by people who buy their stuff with their own money.

SRG seems to me to be very unbiased and honest. He always takes in account that simracing gear is very personal.

The issue is that it is hard for these guys to stay unbiased etc. I don’t know how these arrangement work, but they should send out “review” units and not just give free stuff. Getting something for free just influenced a reviewers credibility. I know some are refrained from giving negative comments, out of fear they won’t get free stuff anymore. I am not talking about simracing but productreviews in general. I much prefer reviews by people who buy their stuff with their own money.

SRG seems to me to be very unbiased and honest. He always takes in account that simracing gear is very personal.

Whoops, check that PZ...SRG is Sim Racing Girl. Do you mean Shaun? If so I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Not that SRG wasn't unbiased, but now she works for the company.

Whoops, check that PZ...SRG is Sim Racing Girl. Do you mean Shaun? If so I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Not that SRG wasn't unbiased, but now she works for the company.
Haha for me SRG=SimRacing Garage. Didn’t even give that a thought! Simracing girl was a bit biased in my opinion. She got preferential treatment form Fanatec from the getgo. But I would have been too in here position. Hard to be critical is someone sends you all these free toys! But that is hardly her fault.

Edit: sorry for going off topic once again!

I can understand your frustration, but imagine how long we will need to wait - the ones that dont have preorder? So, at least you have guaranteed date and piece of the GT3 tim!;)

This. Unfortunatly I didn't preorder that rim, and now I am waiting that they open the sell for us. And see that people will get on end of May makes me cry. I have probably to wait up until June? July? To order that thing.

This. Unfortunatly I didn't preorder that rim, and now I am waiting that they open the sell for us. And see that people will get on end of May makes me cry. I have probably to wait up until June? July? To order that thing.
I don’t think so. They are ramping up production to supply the demand. At least for the Europeans.

I received it yesterday, had a bit of trouble updating the firmware. I was able to update my CSW 2.0 base with BMW rim attached, but when I installed the McLaren rim it failed twice with communication errors. It finally updated but not exactly smooth and fast.

I played a bit of GTS but the button mapping needs a lot of work. I’m using a Drive Hub so maybe it needs some updating.

I’m not sure about the button caps @Shinu other than maybe all they are allowed to provide is Xbox and PC.

Why didn’t they include a new o-ring for wheel base hub.

I received it yesterday, had a bit of trouble updating the firmware. I was able to update my CSW 2.0 base with BMW rim attached, but when I installed the McLaren rim it failed twice with communication errors. It finally updated but not exactly smooth and fast.

I played a bit of GTS but the button mapping needs a lot of work. I’m using a Drive Hub so maybe it needs some updating.

I’m not sure about the button caps @Shinu other than maybe all they are allowed to provide is Xbox and PC.

Why didn’t they include a new o-ring for wheel base hub.
But I only have Xbox ones. There should be a bag or something ?

Back