Fanatec Opens Limited Pre-Orders for New CSL Elite McLaren GT3 Wheel

YES!!!! It's happening. What? McLaren GT3 wheel has been shipped and earlier then expected.

giphy.gif

When was your order processed? Mine was processed 11/27 and hasn’t shipped yet. Please let us know when it arrives!
Order date 25 nov. Ship date 20 apr.
I expect/hope that we will get a UPS track & trace on Monday.

Edit: Yes as expected a UPS track&trace code. Delivery April 24! Good logistics 👍

Last edited:
Just got the invoices for my McLaren wheel and quick release and they should be shipping soon.

I figure I will likely (hopefully?) get it sometime next week.

I was going to contact them over the weekend about expediting my shipping options, but what the hell, I can be patient.
You can? haha I can't. Tomorrow afternoon I'll work from home. MOst of the times UPS comes around 2PM

Should get mine tomorrow. A new driver, V310, got released yesterday but only appears on the CSW V2.5 downloads page. Anyone know if it can be used with V2 wheels?

Should get mine tomorrow. A new driver, V310, got released yesterday but only appears on the CSW V2.5 downloads page. Anyone know if it can be used with V2 wheels?

Not sure about the 2.5 firmware. I’m curious too as I have a 2.0 also.

Anyone knows if the McLaren GT3 wheel will be torque limited on the upcoming Podium DD wheelbase?

It was previously stated that using CSL series wheel rims on the Podium series wheelbases would cause the torque output to be limited, due to the lower grade materials used on the CSL range of wheels rims. But maybe that isn't the case when upgrading the McLaren wheel with the optional ClubSport Quick Release adapter (???).

Anyone knows if the McLaren GT3 wheel will be torque limited on the upcoming Podium DD wheelbase?

It was previously stated that using CSL series wheel rims on the Podium series wheelbases would cause the torque output to be limited, due to the lower grade materials used on the CSL range of wheels rims. But maybe that isn't the case when upgrading the McLaren wheel with the optional ClubSport Quick Release adapter (???).
exactly for that reason this QR adapter was made - to enable full torque on the upcoming DD Bases ;)

100 € for a QR adapter?! Jeeeez!
Every Fanatec product I own has the highest quality materials for the price. Much more than I can say for the TGT I owned which was priced like a premium wheel and pedal set and came with toy-grade pedals. You will get what you pay for with Fanatec stuff.

Every Fanatec product I own has the highest quality materials for the price. Much more than I can say for the TGT I owned which was priced like a premium wheel and pedal set and came with toy-grade pedals. You will get what you pay for with Fanatec stuff.

Agree.

The $269 total for that wheel and the QR collar I think are pretty good bang for your buck as a total package. I loved my Thrustmaster 599XX EVO wheel and that was about $180 ($199 on some sites now) and that just had TM's plastic threaded wheel attachment.

TO each his own, but it was a no brainer for me when I ordered to get the wheel and the QR.

@BrainsBush
@K1LLD0z3R
@Twstcrv
@super_gt
@Silent Drifter

OK, I hate to be "that guy" and I know it is going to take longer to ship to me given standard shipping, buuuuttt I did order the thing on the November 24th, I have the invoice (as most of you do), however after more than 24 hours I haven't received any notice regarding the shipping.
I was emailed my tracking numbers about an hour ago. So hopefully yours would be the same too.

My working day was longer then hoped for.....Just arrived at home and my wife opened the door with the packages in her hands. Love her!

Just some quick pics and a short (very quiet) YT video

IMG_20180424_183612.jpg IMG_20180424_183950.jpg IMG_20180424_184350.jpg IMG_20180424_185451.jpg IMG_20180424_185835.jpg IMG_20180424_185844.jpg IMG_20180424_190026.jpg IMG_20180424_190036.jpg IMG_20180424_190430.jpg

Edit: did some quick rounds in three racing games R3E, PCars2 and AC. All three with the McLaren GT3 at Spa (especially for SRG ;) ). Just LOVE IT!!

Now need to familiarize myself with the new buttons, do the right mapping etc. For the two dome buttons you need to have some firm muscle power in your thumbs. The wheel feels rock solid in my hands. Good job done by Fanatec team!

Last edited:
I was emailed my tracking numbers about an hour ago. So hopefully yours would be the same too.

Same here, I just received it and I’m close enough to La Mirada that I should have it tomorrow. 👍 Now I’m getting the latest firmware/ driver version and I just can’t wait. LOL

Same here, I just received it and I’m close enough to La Mirada that I should have it tomorrow. 👍 Now I’m getting the latest firmware/ driver version and I just can’t wait. LOL
Amazon Prime has me spoiled with their two day shipping. My wheel is estimated to arrive on Saturday, which kind of sucks, but it does have to go from California to Wisconsin.

@BrainsBush
@K1LLD0z3R
@Twstcrv
@super_gt
@Silent Drifter

OK, I hate to be "that guy" and I know it is going to take longer to ship to me given standard shipping, buuuuttt I did order the thing on the November 24th, I have the invoice (as most of you do), however after more than 24 hours I haven't received any notice regarding the shipping.
I was on here the other day wondering if the “processed” date controlled the order. When was yours processed? Mine was ordered nov 25 and processed 27th. Just got tracking info for mine a few min ago. Arrives Sat.

Back