Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 3,717 comments
@DomB_Fanatec
Noticed strange thing today. My DDPS4 button caps are cracking in the middle (first time in a while I raced in a daylight and it got my attention). Anyone had this issue ?

I'm not applying any unnecessary pressure. Maybe vibrations are causing it ?

@DomB_Fanatec
Noticed strange thing today. My DDPS4 button caps are cracking in the middle (first time in a while I raced in a daylight and it got my attention). Anyone had this issue ?

I'm not applying any unnecessary pressure. Maybe vibrations are causing it ?
The caps absolutely shouldn't crack/break during normal operation. Please create a support ticket and the team will help you out.

The caps absolutely shouldn't crack/break during normal operation. Please create a support ticket and the team will help you out.

OK I will.
I found it strange. At first it looked like scratches but under light I noticed that it goes straight trough the middle.

Both X and O (I guess those are the most used ones). Maybe when the wheel vibrates and the button is pressed it gets more stress on the middle.

My mclaren rim is fine but I didn't use it with DD yet.

New Version 15 of the Z-Ring is out.
(there seems to be a significant change)

2020_QR_podium_z-ring_v15_assembly.jpg

Last edited:
I just picked up the F1 PS4 DD1 bundle, complete with CSV3 pedals, I was using a T-GT with T3 pro pedals and the difference is night and day! I must admit I'm a little lost with all the settings and adjustment but I guess that will come with time.

At the moment I'm just on GT sport and the only thing I noticed is the steering feels a little "dead" on there way into a corner, by mid corner and exit its weighted up nicely but is there a setting that could help this? If people could share their settings I'd really appreciate it!

I just picked up the F1 PS4 DD1 bundle, complete with CSV3 pedals, I was using a T-GT with T3 pro pedals and the difference is night and day! I must admit I'm a little lost with all the settings and adjustment but I guess that will come with time.

At the moment I'm just on GT sport and the only thing I noticed is the steering feels a little "dead" on there way into a corner, by mid corner and exit its weighted up nicely but is there a setting that could help this? If people could share their settings I'd really appreciate it!
Gran Turismo Sport - Fanatec recommended settings.
If you want more details in the FFB you can try to reduce NDP, NFR value and increase FEI value.

I also noticed something strange with my setup. When I have HDR turned on on my TV, the force feedback is quite dead or numb feeling. However, when I turn it off the full force feedback comes back into play. Has anyone else experienced this and may be able to give a reason why? I am also only playing GT Sport.

Keith.

In case anybody from Fanatec reads this I was trying to order a DD2 base tonight on the US site and it shows in stock but if I put it and other items in my cart and go to checkout on the last page where you pay there is a red X at the bottom of the page saying something on you order is out of stock. So I took items out one at a time and still got the same issue. I added them back one item at a time and still the same issue. Even tried an item I didn’t want and it was the same thing. Tried this on two pc’s and my tablet. So I cannot checkout and place the order.
I sent an email to the contact us link on the site but thought i’d mention it in here just in case one of the guys see’s there is some sort of issue with the web site and can pass along up the chain.

Thanks.

In case anybody from Fanatec reads this I was trying to order a DD2 base tonight on the US site and it shows in stock but if I put it and other items in my cart and go to checkout on the last page where you pay there is a red X at the bottom of the page saying something on you order is out of stock. So I took items out one at a time and still got the same issue. I added them back one item at a time and still the same issue. Even tried an item I didn’t want and it was the same thing. Tried this on two pc’s and my tablet. So I cannot checkout and place the order.
I sent an email to the contact us link on the site but thought i’d mention it in here just in case one of the guys see’s there is some sort of issue with the web site and can pass along up the chain.

Thanks.
That webstore site is a mess. It's been giving very many customers problems checking out since at least January. You only have to check out the Fanatec forum to see how many customers are having issues with it. They really need to do something about that and quick because it's very frustrating. And if you do happen to get through with a purchase getting confirmation and tracking is a whole other issue. And of course the lockdown situation is not helping any. But long and short of it that webstore needs some real attention.

Does DD1 podium work with the new Porsche wheel rim on ps4 or does it need to be that F1 rim on it for compatibility? (I don't care about 3rd party software support, only interested in what is officially supported by sony). Also, how are the future plans looking towards podium series working on ps5 when it comes out? @DomB_Fanatec

Everything looks fantastic, but I really need a simrig build that will be a good cross-platform solution so exploring what my options are at the moment....

Does DD1 podium work with the new Porsche wheel rim on ps4 or does it need to be that F1 rim on it for compatibility? (I don't care about 3rd party software support, only interested in what is officially supported by sony). Also, how are the future plans looking towards podium series working on ps5 when it comes out? @DomB_Fanatec

Everything looks fantastic, but I really need a simrig build that will be a good cross-platform solution so exploring what my options are at the moment....
Compatibility of the new Porsche wheels can be found at the bottom of the product webpages. Yes, the new Porsche wheels will work on PS4 if they are used on a PS4 compatible wheel base. However, only with Legacy Display mode because you cant have ITM on a console at the moment.
Regarding PS5 compatibility.. Only Sony knows (if they really know for themselve what they plan which I personally doubt). :D

Compatibility of the new Porsche wheels can be found at the bottom of the product webpages. Yes, the new Porsche wheels will work on PS4 if they are used on a PS4 compatible wheel base. However, only with Legacy Display mode because you cant have ITM on a console at the moment.
Regarding PS5 compatibility.. Only Sony knows (if they really know for themselve what they plan which I personally doubt). :D
Thanks for the feedback! So, if I understood corectly dd1 base doesn't work with ps4, unless I buy the more expensive version with F1 rim, which I don't want to use and would probably buy Porsche rim, that is proper cheeky by fanatec....the other option would be to go with CSL elite and the rim of my choice.

Thanks for the feedback! So, if I understood corectly dd1 base doesn't work with ps4 unless I buy the more expensive version with F1 rim, which I don't want to use and would like to buy Porsche rim, that is proper cheeky by fanatec....the other option would to go with CSL elite and the rim of my choice.
that is correct and stated in the webshop description oif the DD1 that this wheel base is not PS4 compatible and cant be upgraded in the future to make it PS4 compatible. Your only DD choice on the whole market is indeed the Podium Racing Wheel F1 with the blue F1 wheel (which you could try to sell if you dont wanna use it).

why? i hope it is connect, update firmware if necessary and use. Or am i wrong?

I bought a DD2 a couple of weeks ago and it has been smooth sailing so far. Was no problem updating the base or the wheels I already had. Just followed the instructions and was ready to go.

I also have a DD1 PS4 base and have not had any issues with it either. Updating was the same. Followed the instructions and everything was fine.

Hello, i am about to pull the trigger for a DD1. Is it a good buy? Any advice?
I'm very happy with my DD1 :)
Follow the instructions exactly and carefully when updating drivers and firmware. Some people seem to have issues, but mine works fine running the latest beta drivers and firmware.

I bought a DD2 a couple of weeks ago and it has been smooth sailing so far. Was no problem updating the base or the wheels I already had. Just followed the instructions and was ready to go.

I also have a DD1 PS4 base and have not had any issues with it either. Updating was the same. Followed the instructions and everything was fine.
Much difference between the DD1 and DD2?

I have to keep things turned down because of a bad shoulder so I haven’t noticed a difference.
Yeah, was just curious whether the extra 5Nm is worth the extra price premium. I'm very happy with my DD1 and find the torque more than enough.

Back