Fanatec Porsche Turbo S Shaking when connected by USB to ps3 when pressing the gas

• Thread starter Heindrik
  • 9 comments
NoBioN
I dont know why it does this?.. It does it when in PC mode and also in ps3 mode...

Works fine on Xbox 360 and on PC.

Any ideas?

On my PWT this is caused by simulated engine vibration and can be controlled by the 'SHO' option in the tuning menu (on the wheel it self).

On my PWT this is caused by simulated engine vibration and can be controlled by the 'SHO' option in the tuning menu (on the wheel it self).

Well if you turn off the SHO you turn off the 2 vibration motors that simulates the vibration when you are driving up on the curves and in the sand.

Its supposed to be on. Im pretty sure of that

No, those two motors can simulate either:
-wheel lock due to braking - ABS function on the wheel
-engine vibration if ABS function turned off

Vibration strength is controlled through the "Sho" setting.

Other effects are simulated by the main force feedback motor.

No, those two motors can simulate either:
-wheel lock due to braking - ABS function on the wheel
-engine vibration if ABS function turned off

Vibration strength is controlled through the "Sho" setting.

Other effects are simulated by the main force feedback motor.

Okay...

Weird because on the Xbox 360 & the PC these shock motors are simulating shocks and bumps...

I also play alot of forza 3. and i got shock on 100 on the xbox 360 and it doesent do this.

EDIT: Okay i see if you turn on ABS. the shockings disapear when you press the gas pedal. So i guess its a PS3 only function?

I've never experienced these vibration motors simulating shocks and bumps on PC. Are you certain of this or could it be a placebo effect? Someone else say something, I'm confused ;)

F1 on ps3 is the only game where I thought the sho gave me more rumble strip feedback, but it didnt get weaker when I turned it off, so I'm thinking placebo, as it only vibrates when I press the accelerator.

Got reply from fanatec :)

This is normal! The XB 360 supports vibration, the PS3 not. Make a new profile for your PS3 and set “sho” in the wheel to 0. Alternatively you can activate ABS.
Best regards,
Armin

Back