Fanatec Reveals Direct Drive ClubSport DD and DD+ Wheel Bases: Available to Pre-Order Now

• Thread starter Famine
  • 472 comments
That heavy vibration you mentioned could be PDs' Understeer Simulation Signal.
It was the same with the DD Pro.
Hence you have the possibility to smoothen in out by simply raising the INT Value. Just click up step by step until it blends in with the tire load under heavy braking.
This is very personal preference and correlates with the Sensitivity in game Setting in GT7.
The Goal should be to have as much rattle as needed and the lowest possible to not overlay the tire deflection/compression under heavy load or while cornering and turning the Wheel simultaneously.
Give 3/7 Torque / Sensitivity a go Baseside 95% FFB
You'll be surprised how well it all blends together 😉
You will virtually feel the Rubber Tire Deflection building up load and de- compression whilst coming off the brakes. All of that with a subtle rattle indicating the tires' max available grip levels EXACTLY where it should be.
Not too early and distracting but perfectly timed... Trust me 😉
Ah I see! Thanks so much buddy! That INT setting really does handshake well with the FOR setting. I'm going to play around with it, but atm my FOR is at 70 and my INT is at 15. I see what you mean though, thanks so much I can finally get back to some real racing tonight. I'll do more settings tests later this weekend, but I can already tell I'm pretty close to what it needs to be. I'll post my settings here in the next couple days.

Jerome

Last edited:
Does anyone know which bases ClubSport DD+ emulates in compatibility mode? It has 5 modes, PS5, PC, PS4, PS5/PS4 compatibility and PC compatibility. I'm also curious about the differences between PS5 and PS4 modes, because on DD Pro there is only one PlayStation native mode. I couldn't find a detailed manual (not the quick guide), it didn't come with the package and isn't provided anywhere on Fanatec's website, neither DD+'s nor DD Extreme's download section has it, and also not on the manuals page.

Does anyone know which bases ClubSport DD+ emulates in compatibility mode? It has 5 modes, PS5, PC, PS4, PS5/PS4 compatibility and PC compatibility. I'm also curious about the differences between PS5 and PS4 modes, because on DD Pro there is only one PlayStation native mode. I couldn't find a detailed manual (not the quick guide), it didn't come with the package and isn't provided anywhere on Fanatec's website, neither DD+'s nor DD Extreme's download section has it, and also not on the manuals page.
I don't off the top of my head, you may have to reach out to their forums to find out. With the DD Pro being fully supported by Sony, I would have to think it'd use that on the DD+/x wheelbases. Until it gets its own section in the GT7 Options 🤷‍♂️ On PC, using the v455 drivers, I'm sure it sees the wheelbase as what it actually is.

Jerome

A question for the owners of the DD+/extreme.

Given the problems that some owners are having with their units, if you would want to buy it now, would you wait to see if the problems get resolved in manufacturing or go ahead and buy it now?

I've been trying to decide what to do for a week now, but remain indecisive.

Thanks,
Jimmy

A question for the owners of the DD+/extreme.

Given the problems that some owners are having with their units, if you would want to buy it now, would you wait to see if the problems get resolved in manufacturing or go ahead and buy it now?

I've been trying to decide what to do for a week now, but remain indecisive.

Thanks,
Jimmy
Most people will tell you, it's a safer bet to not jump into a first production run generation 1 product. It can be a new car platform, new iPhone generation, new console generation etc. Manufactures usually will figure out how to tweak the manufacturing process. Supposedly, FANATEC was tweaking manufacturing for the DD + leading up to the first production run.
Having said that, the DD + is not their first generation Direct Drive. They have learned a lot from the Podium DD1/2 and their CSL/DD Pro products, so the way I look at this... it's kind of their third generation DD product. By all accounts on those who have the DD + and the reviews on YouTube, this thing is AMAZING! My own experiences included. This thing is awesome. I don't have the EXTREME, I bought the DD + base by itself as I use my BMW GT and F1 wheels from my DD Pro. Not a fan of the GT Polyphony design of the wheels. (Personal preference)

With that said, it appears they are still fine tuning the firmware on the base. Expect that to be the case all the way up to and past the point when games patch their games with FULL FORCE functionality. Maybe wait for that to come out before you pull the final trigger?

I will share this. Based on what I've read on the FANATEC forums, GT planet posts, and YouTube reviews, specifically the one from Danny Lee: DANNY LEE Reviews the DD + Some folks are reporting "Coil Whine". Danny Lee reported it at the end of his video review. He's updated his experience in the pinned comments. He got a replacement unit and it too has "coil whine". Not sure what his opinion of the base is now. He has yet to comment further. My base has it, but as I've stated repeatedly, it's faint. I can only hear it if it's dead quite in the room. As an aside, I powered up my GT DD Pro this morning. Well, the little base has a slight whine too, but you have to literally put your ear on the base to even hear it. I never knew it was there until I put my ear on the base. So, both bases have some version of a coil sound at rest. Is this normal given these are high powered magnetic motors? I would gather, yes. I would also assume that units exits that are a lot louder than what FANTEC may consider "expected tolerances". I suspect the customers that have excessive sound are really annoyed. I would be. I may send their support system the question regarding "coil whine", because I am curious if there is an "expected tolerance threshold". For all I know, they may say the base should be dead silent even in a dead quiet room, but right now, there is no documentation that says one way or the other. Right now my base works great with no issues with the firmwares loaded from PC driver 455.

I think if you wait a few more weeks, you will see more people posting their experiences here and elsewhere.

I've had the DD+ for about two weeks and it's dead silent. No coil whine or noise. Even if I put my ear close I can't hear anything. That said, the steering wheel must be used with the volume of the video game. As long as coil whine doesn't become audible and annoying even in this situation I don't see what the problem could be. It's a phenomenon that does not affect the functioning of the product. Or should the steering wheel be turned on and listened to rather than used to play?

I've had the DD+ for about two weeks and it's dead silent. No coil whine or noise. Even if I put my ear close I can't hear anything. That said, the steering wheel must be used with the volume of the video game. As long as coil whine doesn't become audible and annoying even in this situation I don't see what the problem could be. It's a phenomenon that does not affect the functioning of the product. Or should the steering wheel be turned on and listened to rather than used to play?
I agree, but it is fair to point out that a minimum of noise makes it.

Quite a bummer PD & Fanatec didn't manage to get the update for the DD+ / DDx base/wheels plus Fanatec's FullForce into the latest GT7 1.43 update from today, seeing this was announced by PD/Sony as the new official accessory weeks ago...(i.e. https://www.gtplanet.net/fanatec-reveals-all-new-gran-turismo-dd-extreme-wheel-full-review/ ) ...
So I guess we need to keep our fingers crossed for next months update then :/
Yet they managed to do some changes to the FFB.
Both the overall dynamic range as well as the torque output at specific in game torque values have been altered.

I noticed it right after I've updated.
Immediately felt the difference.
It's very obvious.
The FFB Signal was weaker.
The Dynamic Range appears to have been squeezed too.
I was using 3/7 in game and 96% on the Wheelbase.
Right after I've installed the update I noticed a loss in FFB Strength.
To get a similar feel, I now have to use 4/7 in game and 100% on the Wheelbase, which corresponds to a 10% shrink or 1.5NM loss.
No biggie though but definitely very very fishy.
No idea why it hasn't been mentioned in the update notes.
@FMW @Kriptical @super_gt

Can you confirm my observations?

I'm absolutely sure I'm not imagening things. Just want to make sure that it's not just me. Otherwise something ain't right with my Wheelbase after the update which absolutely wouldn't make sense to me.

Both the overall dynamic range as well as the torque output at specific in game torque values have been altered.

It's very obvious.
To get a similar feel, I now have to use 4/7 in game and 100% on the Wheelbase, which corresponds to a 10% shrink or 1.5NM loss.

I'm absolutely sure I'm not imagening things. Just want to make sure that it's not just me. Otherwise something ain't right with my Wheelbase after the update which absolutely wouldn't make sense to me.
Ill be in game in about 3 and a half hours. Hopefully less.

It's very obvious.

It's early morning here (West Coast Time), so I'll jump into GT7 later this evening to confirm any changes. I was on GT7 a lot this past week and weekend, so any shenanigan tweaks to the FFB should be noticeable to me as I've been running the same settings for over a week.

Does anyone know how long it took for PD to add support for Logitech Pro wheel in GT7? Trying to gauge how much longer we’d have to wait.

Does anyone know how long it took for PD to add support for Logitech Pro wheel in GT7? Trying to gauge how much longer we’d have to wait.
If I'm not mistaken, it was immediate. If I recall correctly, PD and Logitech worked closely together on that product. Also, if I recall, the reviews for the Logitech specifically reviewed that feature from the get go.

I've noticed this as well yesterday.
Interstingly, there's an anecdote (here - https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/30326/weak-ffb-with-dd#latest ) that this is not only in GT7, but also in ACC.
Also, the Fanatec Settings Utility now shows that the DD+ only goes til 13.5 nm, instead of the 15 it is/was advertised with.
Boith of which do not make much sense, since there was no firmware update...

Fun times, with 2 companies, PD & Fanatec, either of them alone already being notoriously bad when it comes to transparency and communication...
*sigh.

I've noticed this as well yesterday.
Interstingly, there's an anecdote (here - https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/30326/weak-ffb-with-dd#latest ) that this is not only in GT7, but also in ACC.
Also, the Fanatec Settings Utility now shows that the DD+ only goes til 13.5 nm, instead of the 15 it is/was advertised with.
Boith of which do not make much sense, since there was no firmware update...

Fun times, with 2 companies, PD & Fanatec, either of them alone already being notoriously bad when it comes to transparency and communication...
*sigh.
I haven't tested ACC yet but will give it at go later.
But it's quite obvious at this point that there DEFINITELY must have been an FFB Tweak/Readjustment in GT7.

To be honest it's absolutely no problem to me though.
The driving experience has only ever so slightly been refined with the Update.
I kept all my Settings as I've posted before, but only adjusted the in game torque by 1step higher for either of the gt3/4 cars.
I use 5/7 for road cars.

The Torque output goes alongside withe the choosen Tire Type though generally speaking.
Whether you using Comfort /Sport / Racing Tires, to get the desired firmness in the Wheel you just simply ONLY adjust the Torque output.
This shouldn't be the case.
FFB, FOR should be set to 100%
I wasn't aware that the For Setting also has an impact on the Overall Peak NM output.
That must explain the 1.5NM nerf if his Wheelbase FOR is set to 90%.
Well observed Sir.

FMW
If I'm not mistaken, it was immediate. If I recall correctly, PD and Logitech worked closely together on that product. Also, if I recall, the reviews for the Logitech specifically reviewed that feature from the get go.
But even the CS DD+ was advertised by saying that it had been created in close contact with the developers of GT7, iRacing and AC, in fact this is annoying, especially for GT, because unlike iRacing, which are notoriously slow, they usually use little to do things.

But even the CS DD+ was advertised by saying that it had been created in close contact with the developers of GT7, iRacing and AC, in fact this is annoying, especially for GT, because unlike iRacing, which are notoriously slow, they usually use little to do things.
100% agree. For all we know, Logitech held the product until PD implemented "TRUEFORCE" into the game, whereas FANATEC chose to put out their product out ASAP. As a marketing professional, I think it's smarter to have all the bullets in the marketing chamber to get the most excitement about your product out there. Logitech knew they needed every cool feature they can hype about into their first DD product. I remember, the reviews. The "TRUEFORCE" feature was something that all reviewers definitely hyped up. Fanatec choosing not to wait could be seen as arrogant or a calculated risk IMO. :D

It's very obvious.

Confirmed. FFB and dynamic range has changed. I had to play around with in game torque and sensitivity settings to kind of get the feeling back in my wheel. I may need to mess with NFR, NIN, and INT. The wheel at center has a sand paper effect that was not there before pre-patch 1.43.

DD Extreme, DD+ with Clubsport RS steering wheel or just Clubsport RS on GT DD Pro 8NM?

I want a new round wheel that's larger than 270mm. I have GT DD Pro with 5 and 8NM official supplies and am obviously running it at 8NM. For the 270mm rims 8NM is plenty of force for me. I'm mostly sold on just getting the Clubsport RS rim with QR1. I have no issues with my current QR1 and it doesn't bother me. I figure that this is a good strategy to see how the DD+ plays out. However....

If I got the DD+ or Extreme, then I would have the "latest and greatest" base with the QR2 and I would be able to sell my GT DD Pro complete with pedals I've never used. That would offset the cost. Then it would come to is the new wheel with the Extreme ok? My gut tells me that the DD+ with ClubSport rim is still the better option as I prefer the button layout and I don't need the four dedicated switches.

So for those that have the DD+/Extreme what force are you running it at and if you have the extreme wheel what do you think of it?

Last edited:
The Fanatec Club Sport RS wheel is really nice! It's at a good price point too. :D I built my dads rig with the DD Pro, QR1 and the Club Sport RS and it's been a good combo for GT7. If you go that route, you can easily update your RS wheel with a QR2, sell the base and slap it onto the Plus when you're ready to pull the trigger.

FMW
The Fanatec Club Sport RS wheel is really nice! It's at a good price point too. :D I built my dads rig with the DD Pro, QR1 and the Club Sport RS and it's been a good combo for GT7. If you go that route, you can easily update your RS wheel with a QR2, sell the base and slap it onto the Plus when you're ready to pull the trigger.

Love my Clubsport. Use it far more than any other wheel. I've got a rickety playseat and I still love it.
That's great to hear as I went ahead and ordered it! :)

Quite a bummer PD & Fanatec didn't manage to get the update for the DD+ / DDx base/wheels plus Fanatec's FullForce into the latest GT7 1.43 update from today, seeing this was announced by PD/Sony as the new official accessory weeks ago...(i.e. https://www.gtplanet.net/fanatec-reveals-all-new-gran-turismo-dd-extreme-wheel-full-review/ ) ...
So I guess we need to keep our fingers crossed for next months update then :/
Have Sony/PD even announced they they are adding FullForce into GT7?

DD Extreme, DD+ with Clubsport RS steering wheel or just Clubsport RS on GT DD Pro 8NM?

I want a new round wheel that's larger than 270mm. I have GT DD Pro with 5 and 8NM official supplies and am obviously running it at 8NM. For the 270mm rims 8NM is plenty of force for me. I'm mostly sold on just getting the Clubsport RS rim with QR1. I have no issues with my current QR1 and it doesn't bother me. I figure that this is a good strategy to see how the DD+ plays out. However....

If I got the DD+ or Extreme, then I would have the "latest and greatest" base with the QR2 and I would be able to sell my GT DD Pro complete with pedals I've never used. That would offset the cost. Then it would come to is the new wheel with the Extreme ok? My gut tells me that the DD+ with ClubSport rim is still the better option as I prefer the button layout and I don't need the four dedicated switches.

So for those that have the DD+/Extreme what force are you running it at and if you have the extreme wheel what do you think of it?
Today i ran it at in game 6/7 to get the pre patch (almost) ffb. The detail is pretty sweet with this thing. The biggest compliment i can give at the moment is my hands and feet are making decisions and letting my brain know afterwards. Wheel slips, recovering during slides, and the more mundane, consistently exiting corners. Definitely everything i’d hoped the dd pro would be. Cars have personality in vr. Its been fun so far. Pd really needs to implement full force so we can see what it can really do.

While I was looking for some setup in the forum, I came across this message, interesting enough, I don't remember where, but I had read that the first compatible game would arrive in March, if this statement is true, there is very little left for iRacing. At this point I wonder how long PD will take, I thought the first one would be GT7, in fact I'm not getting the super license and the new races just to play them here when the update arrives.
Screenshot_2024-03-04-07-25-15-09_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg

Back