Fanatec Reveals Direct Drive ClubSport DD and DD+ Wheel Bases: Available to Pre-Order Now

• Thread starter Famine
  • 472 comments
This is Formula V2.5 with a special PS design.
Do you probably know if it will be a 300mm rim or again just a toyish 270mm one.
I'm desperate for a 300mm McLaren Style Wheel But a high quality one, something fancy made out of premium materials.
That would be dope 😀

The differences I see to my Formula 2.5X I have (beyond lack of XBOX compatibility) is that it has leather grips as opposed to Alcantara and some cosmetic changes in colors and the toggle switches.

There is no size change.
Thx for clarification, I don't know if the world needed an almost identical wheel besides cosmetics for the 4th time but it is what it is unfortunately.
Cmon Fanatec give us something more 1:1 scale.
This Wheel in 300mm or 320mm...ajajay 😄

Last edited:
Fanatec should perhaps fix the "widespread" problem as they now admit with their DD and now DD+ products before launching new variants of the same product with likely the same issue. :P

Last edited:
Hey man, when these alleged podium pedals coming out? Late this year? Next year?
A whole lot of this.

And ideally, they would have motors to support full force, as well as individual pedal feedback.

Honestly, they could resell the shifter to me if they chucked a few motors in there. Those three satellites could convey enough feedback that things like buttkickers wouldn’t be needed. Cause having to go buy a windows laptop to run software to make your console game better…makes no sense..

But yeah, weird with all the wheels. Makes me think some dudebro is saying more sku’s looks better for investors, or some other inane corporate trash.

Do you probably know if it will be a 300mm rim or again just a toyish 270mm one.
I'm desperate for a 300mm McLaren Style Wheel But a high quality one, something fancy made out of premium materials.
That would be dope 😀
I've seen a lot of people piecing together their own 300mm wheel using the new Fanatec rally module and whatever yoke makes you happy. I've been very tempted to get something like this along with the rally module, CS universal hub and QR2. It's definitely an expensive solution but the pictures I've seen of this setup look really top notch.

smd
I've seen a lot of people piecing together their own 300mm wheel using the new Fanatec rally module and whatever yoke makes you happy. I've been very tempted to get something like this along with the rally module, CS universal hub and QR2. It's definitely an expensive solution but the pictures I've seen of this setup look really top notch.
Am one of those.

Still figuring out the right depth position for the shifter paddles but it’s a fun wheel to use.

IMG_0307.jpeg
IMG_0308.jpeg

Hey man, when these alleged podium pedals coming out? Late this year? Next year?
Given that from when they show a product it is released after 3/4 years, I would say in 2035, approximately
That would be dope 😀
Same thing, for now I've decided to stay on McLaren, there's no other option if you play on console, for me.

Then well, on social media, to those who ask for new GT wheels, every now and then someone from Fanatec responds in a dubious way, it seems that something could come out, but I hope they aren't referring to the Bentley wheel, because it will be like 2k
Am one of those.

Still figuring out the right depth position for the shifter paddles but it’s a fun wheel to use.
It looks very nice, but I think the rally module on consoles is too limited. What rim is it?

It looks very nice, but I think the rally module on consoles is too limited. What rim is it?
Who makes that rim?

Cube Controls GT Zero (Rubber)

The module is limited on Xbox, yes, however pretty much every Fanatec wheel has limitations on Xbox.

I've seen some talk of expanded support in the future, but I don't know when that will be or what functionalities will be available to game developers. Ideally, I'd like to use the roatries to control Differential, ERS and Brake Bias in F1.

Last edited:
Got this in the mail today.

IMG_7876.jpeg

After feeling it, I’m glad I went with this rather than getting the Extreme now. This’ll work on my 8NM DD for now, and once the DD+ has been out for a bit, full force is implemented and whine appears gone and drivers stable, I’ll swap out to the DD+.

Last edited:
Got this in the mail today.

View attachment 1335205

After feeling it, I’m glad I went with this rather than getting the Extreme now. This’ll work on my 8NM DD for now, and once the DD+ has been out of a bit, full force is implemented and whine appears gone and drivers stable, I’ll swap out to the DD+.
I bought that same setup last year (March), upgrading from the CSL Wheel and CSL Base from 2020...i actually think its the best looking wheel fanatec has on their site and Im always going to be biased toward completely round steering wheels. I am also using the GT DD Pro 8nm and shifter I love them both. Only thing I haven't figured out it how to change the setting from the wheel, I always end up just pulling out the laptop.

Games playing: GTsport/GT7, WRC10/EAWRC on PS5 with VR2

Only thing I haven't figured out it how to change the setting from the wheel, I always end up just pulling out the laptop.
Why is that? Don't you just hold down the little button for a few seconds to get it into advanced mode and then you can adjust it from there?

Why is that? Don't you just hold down the little button for a few seconds to get it into advanced mode and then you can adjust it from there?
yea tried that...does that work for you, not sure if its just me or the wheel

smd
Sorry, but I think that rim looks nasty. The moulded rubber looks cheap, kind of reminds of something you would find on an old fairground ride.

FMW
The "coil whine whistle" noise. You can read all about it here on their official forum. The posts specifically from "Maurice" (He's their driver and firmware guy) mentioned it's a widespread issue. FANATEC FORUM COIL WHINE NOISE
I created a support ticket for mine earlier this week. :)
I didn’t realize they were now saying it’s a widespread issue.
I’ve been so busy, my DD+ has been sitting in the box since I received it. Gonna open it tonight or tomorrow to see if it makes noise when I turn it on before I go to the trouble of installing it on my rig. What a PITA this all is SMH.

I’ve been so busy, my DD+ has been sitting in the box since I received it. Gonna open it tonight or tomorrow to see if it makes noise when I turn it on before I go to the trouble of installing it on my rig. What a PITA this all is SMH.
They aren't saying anything of the sort. He just acknowledged that "coil whine" is likely to be a mechanical issue rather than a firmware issue. I have a DD+. It's completely silent. The number of people complaining about the DD/DD+ is minuscule compared to the number of units shipped. Just install your base and enjoy it, man.

smd
They aren't saying anything of the sort. He just acknowledged that "coil whine" is likely to be a mechanical issue rather than a firmware issue. I have a DD+. It's completely silent. The number of people complaining about the DD/DD+ is minuscule compared to the number of units shipped. Just install your base and enjoy it, man.
He literally said it “is a widespread hardware issue.” Verbatim. 🤣

Whatever. Mine will either do it or not. But I’m not removing my GT DD and installing the + until I confirm one way or the other. That’s just common sense. Got tied up tonight so tomorrow is the day.

Last edited:
There's a good chance you will have one that's perfectly fine, and I really hope it is. Just know, powering it up is not definitive. It can take 10-15 minutes before you can hear it in a quiet room. Mine is hit or miss. Sometimes the sound is noticeable the second I turn it on. Other times it's super faint and takes 10 minutes of me running a game for it to start "whining". Either way, enjoy it. It's a cool base. If yours whines go through the support thing like I am, if the whining concerns you. I'm continuing to enjoy it until I hear back from support.

Contrary to the follow up post from SMD, "Maurice B." works at Fanatec. Read his posts on the matter. His "widespread" post on the matter seemed pretty clear to me. :cheers:

He literally said it “is a widespread hardware issue.” Verbatim. 🤣

Whatever. Mine will either do it or not. But I’m not removing my GT DD and installing the + until I confirm one way or the other. That’s just common sense. Got tied up tonight so tomorrow is the day.
OK cool. We both read it the same way. LOL :cheers:

FMW
There's a good chance you will have one that's perfectly fine, and I really hope it is. Just know, powering it up is not definitive. It can take 10-15 minutes before you can hear it in a quiet room. Mine is hit or miss. Sometimes the sound is noticeable the second I turn it on. Other times it's super faint and takes 10 minutes of me running a game for it to start "whining". Either way, enjoy it. It's a cool base. If yours whines go through the support thing like I am, if the whining concerns you. I'm continuing to enjoy it until I hear back from support.

Contrary to the follow up post from SMD, "Maurice B." works at Fanatec. Read his posts on the matter. His "widespread" post on the matter seemed pretty clear to me. :cheers:
Yeah. I mean, all I can do is at least fire it up first. If it’s fine then all I can do is start using it. If it does it after that, will just have to uninstall it and send it in.

UPDATE: Got it installed and ran it for half an hour. I don’t want to jinx it but so far this unit is dead silent even with my ear up against it, and I don’t feel any cogging. My GT DD Pro has noticeable cogging if I just turn the wheel when the base is turned off. This thing is perfectly smooth.

Of note, I didn’t install any updates and it works straight out of the box.

Last edited:
Yeah. I mean, all I can do is at least fire it up first. If it’s fine then all I can do is start using it. If it does it after that, will just have to uninstall it and send it in.

UPDATE: Got it installed and ran it for half an hour. I don’t want to jinx it but so far this unit is dead silent even with my ear up against it, and I don’t feel any cogging. My GT DD Pro has noticeable cogging if I just turn the wheel when the base is turned off. This thing is perfectly smooth.

Of note, I didn’t install any updates and it works straight out of the box.
That's really good news! With yours being dead silent from the get go in all likelihood means you have a solid unit. Having read over the official forums today, it appears that PC driver 457 will have a lot of fixes related to firmware, (To be released late next week) but I'd satay away from that until the feedback from those who install it is mostly positive. Since my base will be going back due to the coil whine, I'll be loading the new firmware because it's going back anyway for repair. Nothing to loose in trying it. :D

FMW
That's really good news! With yours being dead silent from the get go in all likelihood means you have a solid unit. Having read over the official forums today, it appears that PC driver 457 will have a lot of fixes related to firmware, (To be released late next week) but I'd satay away from that until the feedback from those who install it is mostly positive. Since my base will be going back due to the coil whine, I'll be loading the new firmware because it's going back anyway for repair. Nothing to loose in trying it. :D
Hopefully beginning tonight I will finally have time again to really put some miles back into GT7 and on this new wheelbase. If it's still silent by end of the week, I think I'll be satisfied it doesn't have any issues.

To clarify what I said about not feeling any cogging lest someone read it and take it the wrong way, I guess it wasn't quite accurate to say there is ZERO feeling of cogging, but it's almost zero. On third examination, I can ever so, so slightly feel a faint "ripple" effect if I really pay attention to my hands when turning the wheel with the base turned off. But it's so minor, I'll describe it as being about as close as you can get to feeling nothing at all while actually still faintly feeling something, if that makes sense LOL. My GT DD Pro, when you turn that thing while powered off you feel OBVIOUS points of cogging every several degrees of turning the wheel (not that I ever once noticed it being any kind of issue while actually driving). The DD+ is absolutely nothing like that. So it seems good in this regard.

Now I have to figure out some wheelbase settings that work best for me to really start driving this thing :lol:

Hopefully beginning tonight I will finally have time again to really put some miles back into GT7 and on this new wheelbase. If it's still silent by end of the week, I think I'll be satisfied it doesn't have any issues.

To clarify what I said about not feeling any cogging lest someone read it and take it the wrong way, I guess it wasn't quite accurate to say there is ZERO feeling of cogging, but it's almost zero. On third examination, I can ever so, so slightly feel a faint "ripple" effect if I really pay attention to my hands when turning the wheel with the base turned off. But it's so minor, I'll describe it as being about as close as you can get to feeling nothing at all while actually still faintly feeling something, if that makes sense LOL. My GT DD Pro, when you turn that thing while powered off you feel OBVIOUS points of cogging every several degrees of turning the wheel (not that I ever once noticed it being any kind of issue while actually driving). The DD+ is absolutely nothing like that. So it seems good in this regard.

Now I have to figure out some wheelbase settings that work best for me to really start driving this thing :lol:
You won't be disappointed. The PLUS is really a marvel. For me at least, it's made GT7 a whole lot of fun! It's also made ACC and F12023 a lot fun too. :)

Back