Fantastic 4

  • Thread starter Thread starter EvilToast
  • 18 comments
  • 928 views
Messages
597
I just saw it today great movie, anybody that says anything bad about this movie is a communists. 👍














j/k
 
I think it's gonna be a rental.
 
I'm not expecting too much but it's lookin good, seeing it with friends for my "post b-day" :D
 
I just want to see it for Jessica Alba! :drool:
 
I'm sold.
 
a6m5
I think it's gonna be a rental.

Yup, if that.

As hot as Jessica Alba is, even she couldn't save this movie. I actually thought it was boring and bland; and the guy who plays The Human Torch annoyed me to no end. I didn't expect much walking in - Tim Story's ( the director) last 2 films were Taxi and Barbershop - but man, this movie sucked on an entirely new level.

But, the ticket booth girl F'ed up with my change and I got in for $3.00. 👍
 
I saw it yesterday, and it sucked. Nothing in particular was really horrible, but the whole movie was just flat and lifeless. There's nothing new or interesting here, and the special effects aren't even that good. Jessica Alba may be nice to look at, but she fails as a superhero, as do the other Fantastic Three. In particular, the fool who plays The Human Torch was so annoying he pretty much ruined the film, turning it into some bad rendition of Torque or 2Fast 2Furious with his daredevil persona and horny teenager attitude.

See it if you must, but wait for rental.
 
I just got back from it. It wasn't what I expected. But I did think it was kinda good.
 
Anderton Prime
In particular, the fool who plays The Human Torch was so annoying he pretty much ruined the film, turning it into some bad rendition of Torque or 2Fast 2Furious with his daredevil persona and horny teenager attitude.

That snowboarding scene was ridiculous. I almost pissed my pants, I laughed so hard.

Amazing.
 
:sly: And I must be the world's largest communist, and guess what?!! You can't kill me 'cuz you don't know where I live! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! :sly:
 
Event
I just want to see it for Jessica Alba! :drool:
Have you seen the Burger King commercial where the guy feeds a cardboard version of her a french fry?
lmao.

"She's not cardboard, she's just quiet.":lol:
 
Anderton Prime
I saw it yesterday, and it sucked. Nothing in particular was really horrible, but the whole movie was just flat and lifeless. There's nothing new or interesting here, and the special effects aren't even that good. Jessica Alba may be nice to look at, but she fails as a superhero, as do the other Fantastic Three. In particular, the fool who plays The Human Torch was so annoying he pretty much ruined the film, turning it into some bad rendition of Torque or 2Fast 2Furious with his daredevil persona and horny teenager attitude.

See it if you must, but wait for rental.
We took the kids and a friend of ours to see it last night. While I agree with the details of AP's review, overall I thought it was pretty good. There were some 'meh' parts. The scene where Reed slides his hand under a lab door and reaches up inside to unlock it looked like your average PS2 cut scene, spliced into a regular movie. There were other iffy bits. I agree there was no groundbreaking material, but I don't think that's the point in a comic book movie. Johnny Storm was supposed to be an annoying flyweight. Reed is supposed to be a serious, somewhat dull science type. Overall, ecxcept for the fact that Sue and Reed are already married in the comic book, it was a decent adaptation of the older Marvel series.

Again, nothing earthshattering, but I thought it was pretty faithful to the tone of the long-running comic, and I didn't feel cheated or disappointed when it was over.
 
Saw it yesterday it was bad but not as bad as I expected, but Jessica Alba was hot :drool:
 
Duke
Again, nothing earthshattering, but I thought it was pretty faithful to the tone of the long-running comic, and I didn't feel cheated or disappointed when it was over.

My thoughts exactly.

I do think the guy they picked to be Ben Grimm was perfect.
 
This movie sucked pretty hard, I didn't even bother finish watching it.

And I really must say Jessica Alba is pure crap. God she's boring.
 
We just watched this last night and while its no where near as good as Spiderman 1 or 2, it is however a decent movie. Worth a rental. The 2nd half of the movie has all the action. I would probably watch it at least 1 more time.
 
Back