Fantasy Football 10/11

• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 41 comments
Count me in...
I'll join when I remember about it. No time just now.
I have Fantasy-fever (akin to man flu) ever since my 3rd place in the World Cup one!
:D

Oooh. I haven't done a drunken post on GTP in ages!

... so here goes!

Both my teams are in.

They are indeed!

Sweet! :cheers: Dunc! 👍

Will get on the case when we get back from Rachel's B'day surprise weekend away...

Awesome. It's my Birthday next weekend. I turn bloody 30!! The 20's are gone. I am actually having a hard time dealing with it. How was it when you passed this milestone?!

Count me in...
I'll join when I remember about it. No time just now.
I have Fantasy-fever (akin to man flu) ever since my 3rd place in the World Cup one!
:D

Don't tell me about man flu! I feel like crap! I'm trying to kill it with bourbon! I've got to go to a company bbq tomorrow and i'm gonaa be feeling fluey, hungover, or both!

I'm in...with the OzakaBallers! :D

Only one team?

Super Kings ready to reign

Done :)

That didn't go too bad!

Can anyone tell me if any of my players aren't starters or are injured or don't normally play or whatever?

Hopefully Chicarito lights it up for MU and gets on the pitch often.

Great stuff, I shall get my teams up soon :cheers:.

As for Chicarito, he looks a great prospect but don't expect him to be starting that regular. I think Fergie wants to fast track him into the first team, but Berbatov and Rooney will both be ahead of him and Owen and Macheda will both be getting game time too. We've got a good number of strikers which could limit his appearances this year.

Meh, it's late & I can't think of witty team names while tired, so "This Lot" & "That Lot" are now waiting to join the league and will be named appropriately later. 👍

On the plus side, after last years craptastic organisation, it seemed pretty easy to get both teams into the league without any glitches this year...:rolleyes:

Ok, so more compos mentis this morning and I've re-named my teams:

Birdhouse In Your Goal (tribute to the song from my favourite band They Might Be Giants)

E'ville Demons (in reference to where I live!)

Sounds like this Rock'n'Roll league is as poorly organised and bug-ridden as last year.
I've just gone back to look at my teams, and for some unknown reason my "Birdhouse In Your Goal" team now shows that all players have been transferred and the lineup has become identical to my "Should I Stay Or Should Ngog?" team. :confused:

Ok I have submitted my teams now. I might make a couple of changes to them before the season starts though.

Teams submitted... I noticed that if you create a league, it is currently not possible to submit two teams... I hope they sort this out before the league starts on Saturday.

edit:

My mates have started two leagues, presumably to avoid this issue of the league creator not being able to add two teams to the same league...

Last edited:
I had that problem. Had to replace my whole line up again

Teams submitted... I noticed that if you create a league, it is currently not possible to submit two teams... I hope they sort this out before the league starts on Saturday.

edit:

My mates have started two leagues, presumably to avoid this issue of the league creator not being able to add two teams to the same league...

My patience has run out with the programmers of this league. They had identical problems at the beginning of last year and have utterly failed to fix it.
Sent the following message:

Wow. It seems 12 months later and you've still yet to fix half of the problems that afflicted last year's league! What are you? Chronic Procrastinors or something? I've joined for the sake of competing in my resident forum's league, but have defected to better leagues for proper fantasy football elsewhere. Sort it out before the rest of us defect too. It's not like you've had zero warning, I, and several of my cohorts complained of the same issue last year and it's still not fixed. It's like you're Portsmouth FC with sponsorship from Toyota. Pretty poor all round.

Can I suggest we move to http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ for this year? Properly organised, no 🤬 ups, like having your whole team subsituted for no readily apparent reason, and an ability to have issues resolved in a reasonable timeframe, I.E. within the current season, not 6 years down the line.

What do you think?

I reckon I'll be sticking with the current league... as well as this GTPlanet league, I'm in another league with the same teams and don't want another team or set of teams to manage, since I'm pushed for time as it is.

Perhaps we could just have one team per league, which would get round the problem of league managers not being able to enter two teams? Other than that, I don't see any other problems with the current league set up...

Well, Drogba and Bent were my 2 strikers in one of my teams; both doubtful, so subbed out. Hope I've not just shot my team in the foot.

Ooops, that was a mistake subbing Drogba out ;)

Great day for my Chelski boys, 6 goals between them today, plus a clean sheet for Terry! :D

My 2nd team is also mysteriously full of scrubs. To tell the truth, I'm not really going to pay much attention to this.

Back