Fantasy World Cup

• Thread starter Only_in_f1
  • 81 comments
Nice to see I am doing well with no points and in dead last. :rolleyes:

If there is any solace to take from that, is that only two of my players have played so far, though their attendances haven't been counted :dunce:, yet others in their team have. :odd:

^^ I'm getting errors every time I try to see any other team than mine's. :odd:

Dead last, Germany win 4-0 and Schweinsteiger bags me just 1 point. Which is exactly as many points, as my only other 2 players who have played so far have bagged me. :lol:

Well I was stuck between Podolski and C Ronaldo. Hopefully Ronaldo proves my choice a wise one when Portugal plays.

Good thing I have Phillip Lamm.

A decent start for my team(s)... currently leading all three leagues that I'm entered in, thanks largely to the fact that Heinze has proved to be full of beans, and Klose didn't just live up to his name and actually got the ball in the net once last night.

Yeah, I really liked Germany's team so I replaced Messi for Klose, now I'm Argentinian free. :D

How do the points work with transfers? I see the overall leader on the boards has already done 15 transfers, and he's leading with 57 points if I'm not mistaken.

How do the points work with transfers? I see the overall leader on the boards has already done 15 transfers, and he's leading with 57 points if I'm not mistaken.
I believe the points remain with your team after your've transferred a aplayer out, but you do not gain points previousley won by a player before you transferred them in.

By using your transfers you can can take advantage of several different strikers or goal-keepers in games where they should easily get clean sheets.

Yeah, I've transfered Klose during Germany's game and I didn't get any points. Messi's point remained though.

Some good games for my team today, I've got Eto'o on the front and two Italians in the back. Let's see if I rank up a bit.

GM
Nice to see that taking a risk with Forlan has put me top for a bit :)
A coworker got him too, and now he's leading the other league I'm in. Damn it!

I did a bunch of transfers yesterday, based on what I've seen so far from all the teams. Let's see how that works.

Crap - anyone with Higuain is going to be sorted now!! :nervous: Luckily, I should get a hat-trick of assists (I think) for Messi...

Aw crap.
I just made some changes for tomorrow, putting in Deco in place of the now banned Kaka, but have just read that the bugger is injured and won't play against N.Korea. :grumpy:
What a waste of a transfer. 👎

Must... resist.... temptation to tinker....

raz_10
Does any one know if Robben is going to play at all?
I reckon he won't play atleast until the knockout stages...

Thanks TM, well I replaced him on my team...that zero next to his name was burning a hole...:)

I'm pissed! I had Chile for winner today, but after listening to the commentary I decided to switch my pick...:( on my other league.
I had first place this whole time til today! :grumpy:

/end of rant.]

Well, I gave my team a stern talking to on Sunday and they've sent me home :grumpy: This means that I will be administering my team via the internet from now on.

I made a good come back from last - to - 8th, and now I am dropping back down again :(. Currently 12th.

Dropped from 1st to 2nd after yesterdays games.. glad i put a Portugeuse player in before their North Korea game though. Swapped out Ribery today so I have two Argentinians for their game tonight.

Just looking at the league - how is there someone at the bottom (unranked) with a score just 1 point off the lead in our league? Were they added late?

Yup, and he's a coworker of mine. He doesn't know GTP but I guess he saw I was in this league and decided to join. The other league I'm in (Brazuca's) is for the people who I work with and a few friends of him.

Hmmm, I think letting people in with very high scores at this late stage is not exactly fair on the rest of us - I guess so long as they remain 'unranked', I'm OK with it, but I'd be well pissed off if that wasn't the case.

Back