Fantasy World Cup

• Thread starter Only_in_f1
  • 81 comments
I think its a bit unfair too, not that I am challenging for the lead anyway mind. :guilty:

The league owner may remove him if he wishes so, I'll tell him this is a GTP users' only league. No problem.

BTW, two assists for me so far in Brazil vs Chile.

I'm currently sitting on - points for a kaka yellow card.

On the plus side, I've currently got a Maicon cleansheet, a Maicon and kaka assist, and a Luis Fabiano goal. Things are looking good for me.

I seem to have an uncany ability to trade out goalscorers for te next match.... I traded Muller out then he got 2 goals. I traded Higuain and he got one goal.....
Darn!

since when could we have more than 2 players per country?

Since the knockout rounds started.
I think it is only 3 players per country just now.

It now appears that our new addition is now ranked and is also now leading - I respectfully request (with no offense to the new guy) that he is removed from the league.

Well, after today's fixtures I've been usurped by 2 fellow :gtplanet: staff members at the top of the Fantasy League, however, Touring Mars has done 1 more substitution than me already, has 3 Brazilians to get rid of and has only 6 transfers remaining & Famine has done 2 more substitutions than me already, has 3 Brazilians to get rid of and has only 5 transfers remaining, whereas I've got 7 transfers to use and only have 1 Brazilian to get rid of, so I'm not panicking yet. :mischievous:
If Argentina & Spain both lose their QF games I'm screwed though! :scared:

Well, after today's fixtures I've been usurped by 2 fellow :gtplanet: staff members at the top of the Fantasy League, however, Touring Mars has done 1 more substitution than me already, has 3 Brazilians to get rid of and has only 6 transfers remaining & Famine has done 2 more substitutions than me already, has 3 Brazilians to get rid of and has only 5 transfers remaining, whereas I've got 7 transfers to use and only have 1 Brazilian to get rid of, so I'm not panicking yet. :mischievous:
If Argentina & Spain both lose their QF games I'm screwed though! :scared:

I'm now winning all three leagues I'm in :)👍 This is by far the tightest though, and I'm also counting on Spain winning... if they go out, my strategy is up poo river. I have a feeling that Germany might just beat Argentina today, and I'm watching it as part of a friend's stag this afternoon, so it could get Messi! Anyway, assuming Spain win, I have enough changes to cover Brazil and Argentina/Germany going out...

^ Your feeling was correct :lol:
If I transfer people out, Maicon/Kaka/Robinho for instance, do I lose the points they have earned me?

Nope, once a player has scored points for you, you can transfer them out and keep the points. But... (although I haven't tested this), I'm not 100% sure that you score points if you transferred a player out immediately after or during a game. The points get added sometime between midnight and 3 am-ish (UK time) and once they're on the board, you can't lose them - but as a precaution, I'm holding on to players until the day after they've played, just to be sure...

Same here :D

I'm all set for the semis, final and 3rd place playoff and I still have a transfer left (in case of injury).

Thanks.
Surprisingly I am in 4th or 5th in the league...
I just put David Villa in my team, that should bump me up :lol:

I believe congratulations are in order for F Amine, who appears to have won the World Cup league :cheers: The scores have already changed once this morning since the update, but I reckon it is safe to assume that Famine has taken the trophy! I'm pleased with a podium finish, but gutted that practically my entire team got booked or sent off last night and that, like the real Scotland, I've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory :( Anyway, I think Famine's master stroke was having faith in the official player of the tournament, and a worthy winner of that accolade IMO, Diego Forlan. Thanks for a great competition everyone! :)👍

A pretty good showing from all of the :gtplanet: crew!
Here's the top 10 planeteers:

Famine 423
Touring Mars 399
Aldo001 394
raz_10 380
Smallhorses 362
Stevisiov 344
livemusic 339
Omnis 320
itgirlxx 300
DQuaN 282

Congrats to the folks that took the top 4 spots! :cheers:
Guess we've only got about a month to wait until Premier League Fantasy Footy starts! :mischievous:
Who's organising that one this year? 💡

Thank you!
Bronze medal isn't so bad!
And only 5 points behind second! :D
The fantasy league virgin did better than he thought! :lol:
Roll on the EPL fantasy league...

Back