Fast and Furious 9 Trailer Shows the Franchise Isn't Slowing Down

Remember when the most ridiculous thing they did was jump a Camaro from the shore onto the back of a yacht and all Brian Spilner got was a broken arm?

So Dom and Cena are gonna battle it out until the very end and then Dom won't be able to take out Cena because "blood", plus Fast can't seem to kill off anyone. The director mentioned he didn't like how Han was handled so that why he was brought back. Does this mean for Fast 10, Jason Statham will get his? He's too likeable as well.

Any bets on who's not really dead and who has a brother nobody knew about in FF10?

Jessie. And then he gets mad at Dom for leaving him dying in the street, becoming the new baddie.

I don't think Universal is above doing that, either. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they "brought back" Brian O'Connor for 10.

James Cameron said film is suppose to be heightened reality. This is just a cartoon. They've gone back to the excess of Fast 6. Theres a fine line between 'is that really possible' to just ridiculous and cartoonish.

Soo... Who thinks this one will be the franshise's Suicide Squad?? (You know, Extra-agressive marketing for an extra-ridiculous movie) :lol:

I like the first one the best. Looking back on it, it's actually filmed well, for what it is. The writing is bad, but the car culture, trying to figure out what crew were stealing VCRs(we all knew, but it was okay watching it play out).

It's like a tuna sandwich... no crust.

The Fast and the Furious is probably the best 'car' film in the franchise. Plenty of mistakes but mostly about the cars and street racing.
2F2F is more of an action film that I quite enjoy
Tokyo Drift was a missed opportunity to make an epic film. Dodgy, needless CGI and plot spoil it.
4 was boring tbh, seemed like a lifetime of driving through tunnels in Mexico.
5 is a brilliant film, probably my pick of the bunch. Action, Family, Cars, crooked police etc it has it all.
6 has a cool flip car with a lot of practical stunts used and is watchable
7 was obviously rushed following Paul Walkers death, but the final 10 mins are good.
8, Lamborghini on ice tyres doing 100mph somehow gets chased by Nuclear Powered Submarine. Haven't actually got round to watching more than the trailer.
9. Just stop now, please.

They remove Brian's brain and put it in someone else's body (Dave Bautista is my bet).
Han was literally upside unable to get out & even if he did, according to this scene , Stathom would've seen him.

So... err... you know what, I'd definitely wouldn't be surprised with a "brain swap" plot.

Will watch it with wifey with popcorn on a random tuesday. That's what this type of movie is for, it's not fine arts.

Last edited:
There may be something to why Han was in Germany. Remember, he was in an LFA on the autobahnen. Maybe he donated some DNA for an experiment and was cloned in that time, from Tokyo Drift to now.

Forgot how many millions each of them got. $11mil? I guess that amount could get you cloned. In the Fast and Furious universe.

At this point, these movies are like Sharknado with cars :lol: F&F stopped being about cars after the first 3 movies anyway. Fast Five is definitely the high point but after that it just keeps getting more and more ridiculous trying to outdo the one before, it sort of become a cookie cutter action movie.

Last edited:
This series is being ran into the ground.... The first 3 movies are the best in the series. The 2 movies after Tokyo drift are good for what they are and after that it becomes a "oh, they made another one of those?"

...no. They should have stopped after Fast 1. The series was already ridiculous and confusing enough with Fast 2, and now they are literally reaching for the stars with both - ridiculousness and magical physics ;)

I don't say Fast 1 was an incredibly good movie, but at some point, even if it was spiced with usual Hollywood magic, was believable (in terms of portraying illegal street racing).

Fast 2 was the last of them I went to see in cinema, the others was just occasionally when they were on TV. Same will happen with Fast 9.

The second movie was utter crap. The absolute worst out of all of them. The best part was the Cuda shaking when the guy revs it. The Eclipse Spyder as the ugliest thing on wheels ever. As the series went the cats were less “ricey”.

The second movie was utter crap. The absolute worst out of all of them. The best part was the Cuda shaking when the guy revs it. The Eclipse Spyder as the ugliest thing on wheels ever. As the series went the cats were less “ricey”.
Sorry but it was a Challenger if you’re talking about the orange car they raced.

Vin Diesel already hinting at Fast 10 being a 2-parter. The creative reactions from them finding the Death Star to a Johnny Thanos are pretty funny.

Sorry but it was a Challenger if you’re talking about the orange car they raced.

That’s correct. It was. Letty drove the Cuda against the R8 in the 7th movie if I’m not mistaken. I always thought the Cuda looked better than the Challenger though.

Back