Fast and Furious 9 Trailer Shows the Franchise Isn't Slowing Down

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, & TV' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 31, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Famine

Famine Administrator

I think that I have just wet myself laughing. I don't think that was the intent of the trailer...

KinLM and Marc30599 like this.
  3. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

Watches trailer.

3+ minutes later...

[​IMG]

4. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

It amazes me how wild and stupid each movie gets. Will be worth a watch.

RCKakashi14 likes this.
  5. juanffy18

juanffy18

Wtf Han? what are he doing there. A big kick in the balls to the previous movies.

KinLM likes this.
  6. GT_brickhole

GT_brickhole

they kept making these after that drifty one?

Marc30599 and ICEMAN_ZIDANE like this.
  7. TexRex

TexRex Premium

Faster and furiouser than ever.

8. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

Micheal Bay: Fast And The Furious Edition. Is what I'll call this.

9. SoullessApples

SoullessApples

I watched plenty of movie trailers in my short life. None have made me laugh as hard as the plane catching the car and then dom somehow finding away across that cliff. Then Han pops up out of nowhere. A+ Will see.

J24681357, ThePotatoKing and RolexGTP like this.
  10. BadFlounder

BadFlounder

An absurdly terrible film. Sounds like it should fit right in with the rest of the series.

bloodyboyblue likes this.
  11. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

I really worry that John Cena's character arc may be a little under-developed.

Said no-one ever.

12. Granadier

Granadier

This is the fastest and most furious one yet.

I can't wait.

RolexGTP likes this.
  13. Dennisch

Dennisch Premium

14. GT Kelv

GT Kelv

Should’ve stopped after Paul died in my opinion.

Marc30599 and J24681357 like this.
  15. GT Kelv

GT Kelv

The only reason I’d see this is because of Han. Him and Brian were my favorite characters out of the series. What’s next? Johnny Tran, Jesse, Leon, and Vince come back?

16. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

"Fast and Furious 9 Trailer Shows the Franchise Isn't Slowing Down"

Well it should.

17. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

I don't even care about the absurd stunts at this point. I'm just bothered by the amount of inconsistencies and retcons that they hastily slapped into the plot to justify more movies.

On the other hand, plenty of material for "you can't see me" jokes.

18. Northstar

Northstar Premium

With every new movie I really have to wonder just how satirical this sketch actually is. :lol:

bremics, Nexus, WJHMH and 4 others like this.
  19. TexRex

TexRex Premium

That crawl though...

"Uterus Thwarted By New Drug"

:lol:

20. eran0004

eran0004

I have no idea what FF is about, but it’s nice to see Tbilisi in the trailer.

In kindergarten I remember some of my friends complained that the way I played with cars was too unrealistic. Wish I could go back in time and show them this trailer!

ThePotatoKing, Northstar and Kovu like this.
  21. 05XR8

05XR8

"FFX: Lance. The Return of Snake pants"

22. girabyt3

girabyt3 Premium

R.I.P John Cena :lol::lol:

I need to know how to survive a car explosion when I'm on the interior lol

KinLM likes this.
  23. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

The problem with movies like this is that when you start doing ridiculous stunts with the cars, you're kind of forced to out-do yourself with each new movie. Then by the time you get to movie #9, it's just so unbelievable that all you can do is not watch it. And that's what I'm going to do. As cheesy as the first movie is, will always be my favorite.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Kovu likes this.
  24. BLiTZ

BLiTZ

Hang on, I've cracked it...

[crackpot theory] The whole FF universe is set in a state of purgatory in Vin Diesel's head. That's why no one's really gone except for Brian, because Paul is actually dead IRL. He discovered the reality before the rest and found 'a way' to pass to the other side. Sadly the rest are still trapped and slowly the rest of Hollywood is getting engulfed by Diesel. Much like a dream world, the laws of physics do not apply and until someone destroys Diesel these poor actors remain trapped in 'the fast family'. #savethefastfam [/crackpot theory]

I've always maintained that the first film was the best. Whilst it was riddled with mistakes and plenty of meme fodder, it has the most plausible plot and purposefully made the cars the stars of the show.

If the franchise went by any other name that separated it from the first movie then would we complain as much? Fact is we all go to watch them for a bit of light relief. And for me, as a non-fan of comic book related movies, it's one of the few options left for an action movie.

25. Kovu

Kovu

...no. They should have stopped after Fast 1. The series was already ridiculous and confusing enough with Fast 2, and now they are literally reaching for the stars with both - ridiculousness and magical physics ;)

I don't say Fast 1 was an incredibly good movie, but at some point, even if it was spiced with usual Hollywood magic, was believable (in terms of portraying illegal street racing).

Fast 2 was the last of them I went to see in cinema, the others was just occasionally when they were on TV. Same will happen with Fast 9.

26. ICEMAN_ZIDANE

ICEMAN_ZIDANE

The franchise isnt slowing down? I thought its already dead.

Reading comments or talking to FF fans, its obvious that the core viewers have left the FF Train. Other people, if at all, are watching it.
    The reason for that is simple, like a ex worker of that studio said, the newer movies have absolutely nothing to do with cars. I remember in Fast 6 or 7 or whatever, i watched the whole movie and timed all sections with cars in it. The total time of cars were 15% or something like that.

They LITERALLY use the Fast and Furious name to sell more tickets but we all know its just a Hollywood Action movie. Tbh, a few of them were good/okey action movies and would have gotten a much better reputation if they had used a different movie name

KinLM likes this.
  27. matrix_gt1

matrix_gt1 Premium

Thing is... Fast 8 made a billion dollars. So people are watching it. Yeah it’s not mainly a car movie anymore but still a highly highly profitable franchise.

28. Famine

Famine Administrator

Fast Five was the best one. There wasn't too much stupidity - the safe chase sequence was clearly impossible, but just silly enough to be enjoyable - and it was still full of cars being actual cars. The million dollar drag race was funny too.

Ever since that it's been dumb as balls. Oh Letty's not dead after all (making 4 just as pointless as 7 is now), and she's forgotten who she is except for how to drive and she's with a rival group who are stealing things but bad stealing things, also the longest runway ever made and Wonder Woman dies because. And now you've hurt him, so his brother is hunting you down and starting by killing Wonder Woman's boyfriend and phoning you to let you know, but also stealing an improbable device that can detect anyone anywhere except in the middle of Los Angeles and let's kill a drone with an ambulance and a helicopter with a car and jump a supercar through three buildings 1,000ft from the ground. But now he's your buddy because an evil hacker stole a kid you didn't know about and she wants a submarine.

Any bets on who's not really dead and who has a brother nobody knew about in FF10?

thatmotorgoon and LeGeNd-1 like this.
  29. RetroJohan

RetroJohan Premium

If they make Fast 10, hope they will go to space. :lol:

30. phillkillv2

phillkillv2

The last movie in this franchise I saw was Fast Five. After that, I just stopped caring lol.

Tokyo Drift is still one of the best ones.

Marc30599 likes this.