Fast and the Furious GT4

• Thread starter ELecTriC
  • 61 comments
Yoo!! I just saw Fast and the Furious and were blown away by the cars
in it! Jeezz!! That Supra was beautiful.. and Dom's RX-7 too!! I want "my car to look that way too in GT! I REALLY want some cosmetic
custom parts for GT4!!!! Infact i want ALOT of cosmetic custom parts in it so you can make the car more personal! Take RAGE RACER for PSone which you could do custom logos on the cars!
Custom pain jobs, spoilers, logos, EVERYTHING would be nice to see in GT4.
Oh and a nother thing: More aggresive engine sounds! The only really aggresive sound in GT3 is the 787B car which sounds really mad!!

NOTE: IF this already has been talked about here..ignore this!!

Question: THe green car that were blown up in fast and the furios...what brand is it? Whats its name?? :confused:

Yeah I would really like to see custom stickers, spoilers, rims etc... in GT4. I dont think we will se a GT4 until around maybe 2003.:) Im not sure I just hope soon.

Originally posted by ELecTriC
Yoo!! I just saw Fast and the Furious and were blown away by the cars
in it! Jeezz!! That Supra was beautiful.. and Dom's RX-7 too!! I want "my car to look that way too in GT! I REALLY want some cosmetic
custom parts for GT4!!!! Infact i want ALOT of cosmetic custom parts in it so you can make the car more personal! Take RAGE RACER for PSone which you could do custom logos on the cars!
Custom pain jobs, spoilers, logos, EVERYTHING would be nice to see in GT4.
Oh and a nother thing: More aggresive engine sounds! The only really aggresive sound in GT3 is the 787B car which sounds really mad!!

NOTE: IF this already has been talked about here..ignore this!!

Question: THe green car that were blown up in fast and the furios...what brand is it? Whats its name?? :confused:

My problem with the idea of adding in all kinds of mods and stickers is that "GT Racing" doesn't do that, from what I know ...

GT (Grand Touring) racing isn't a bunch of guys with "hot rod" cars and fancy paint jobs. It's big time car manufacturers with big time sponsors doing big time racing. What you're looking for is something more like Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero, where you can hevily modify all those cars and race them on the city streets of Tokyo, which I would enjoy more if the graphics were even half the quality of GT3, which they aren't.

The coolest idea I've read about for GT4 was having it based more on the driver. You work to get good enough for a racing team to higher you, then you work to get sponsors for them, and build a better team. This bit about 'the man and his machine' isn't what GT is at all. It's a team effort with the big dogs of racing. Please note that the 'feature car' for GT3 was the Castrol Tom`s Supra ... Castrol, Toyota, and Tom`s are pretty big companies, and THAT'S what GT is all about.

Now I'm not saying that I don't want to wack stickers all over my cars, and put wild modifications from bumber to bumber, but I just don't think that fits the ideal of the Gran Turismo series.

... tossing my two cents into the cup ...

~LoudMusic

:fdevil:

You want rice? Go to China.

You want rice on a PS2 racing game? Try the excellent Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero.

You want rice in GT? Well then, you're kind of missing the point. GT = Grand Touring, not Godawful Tacky. It's about taking a car (or Daihatsu) and exploring the limits of man and machine. Hydraulics are for valvetrains, and the only thumping should be from big-blocks!!!

Originally posted by hondakid
it was a mitsu eclipse

The first one was an eclipse, the second car that Paul Walker raced against Dom's car that got hit by the semi was a Supra.

Originally posted by LoudMusic

The coolest idea I've read about for GT4 was having it based more on the driver. You work to get good enough for a racing team to higher you, then you work to get sponsors for them, and build a better team.

Codemasters is doing a game based on that! Or something like that!
PRO Race driver is its name! Really hoping its good..but why worry??
Codemasters driving games are always good! Infact i think their handling on cars are even better then the GT series!

And i cant wait till Colin McRae 3 is out! Its gonna be awesome :D

I still haven't seen "The Fast and the Furious". I need to rent it on DVD.

Is RidgeRacer 5 any good? The gamer geeks down the street tell me it's pretty lousy, but they're pretty spoiled too.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic
I still haven't seen "The Fast and the Furious". I need to rent it on DVD.

Is RidgeRacer 5 any good? The gamer geeks down the street tell me it's pretty lousy, but they're pretty spoiled too.

~LoudMusic

Skip it, mate. Trust me. Try Burnout.

I rented Burnout for a coupla days. I thought it was great fun, but its hard. I filled the whole list of worst drivers in 2 days. The worst drivers list is for how much damage you cause by crashing.

hey you guys....the green car that gets blown up in the fast n the furious lives in my area....i live in Los Angeles , california
the green eclypse goes to a race shop in the city of Lomita
i have a cousin that lives around the corner from the shop, so every now and then i see the eclypse driving there or parked infront of the shop. its about 10 minutes from my house
(i live in Long Beach where GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS was filmed)
i've also seen the SUPRA from the movie at the Long Beach International Auto Show..they had the REAL car there , not the stunt car or the fake one...this one had sounds and a bad ass interior and the directors from the movie were there (this was FEBRUARY 2000)
before the movie even came out and they were showing previews to the movie n stuff...also they gave me a buncha free posters and stickers & i took a pic of the car with my digital camera
i know it sounds like im just BSing but the movie WAS filmed in Los Angeles and all the cars in it were real cars that live in LA
so thats why i've seen those cars =o\
(except the supra...its not owned by anyone ..i think its a project from TOYOTA or some company im not sure)

what gt4 needs is an total import scene!!!!!! (with domestic cars to) the need to have to cars completely modifyable!! like name brand body kits and performance parts like dc sports, vis racing, hks, greddy, ect. not just the company preformance parts!!!! they need to have actual drag racing, off road racing, street racing and touring racing!!! the times need to be more ralealistic like the 1/4 mile times(i mean come on, a 900 horse power car is not gana run a 8 sec 1/4, its faster than that) the need to have custom graphics and designs. have something to where u can create images on the computer and the load them into the game.

GT4 NEED TO BE THE MOST ULTIMATE RACING GAME EVER!!!!

I want to have to use specific cars for specific races. I always liked those dealership races, the ones with the random courses and everything, those were the days... Also, they should make it so you can't use the F1 cars until something like the last 3 or 4 serieses, kinda like they unlock after you finished ALL the serieses before them.

I wanna see customizing in GT4! I've been asking for customizing since GT!! You know, a paint shop, tint, decals, stuff like that, RIMS AND A CAR WASH ARE NOT ENOUGH!
and y'd they remove qualifying? A true racer can't do without it!
LoudMusic has a good point with the teams, I'll like that but you should still be able to race on ur own. Like u join a company to get started and as you make the bucks, you move on to your own car and they should even let you make deals with sponsors and buy drivers to race for you!!
And why don't you have some visual damage, like in driver? You smack into the wall, ur headlight smashes and u lose ur front bumper, why not?
THAT WOULD BE ONE MONSTER GAME!!

Welcome aboard, Denith. In response:
- the Gran Turismo series has never really been about customisation, it's been about standard cars. It may come up in a future version of the game but given the licensing process with manufacturers I wouldn't get my hopes up
- there is qualifying in GT3. You don't get $ for pole, which is disappointing
- under the terms of the licenses Polyphony signed with the manufacturers they're not allowed damage in the game. Given the game coming out on X-Box with real cars that has damage (don't recall the title) that may change but again don't count on it. It hasn't previously been something the designers have been too fussed about
- I think LoudMusic pretty well nailed it in his comments. There are quite a few race-team simulations (though all F1 I think), but the designers of the Gran Turismo series have really had a vision of an automotive encyclopedia (in other words, it's about the cars)

Enjoy the boards - there's plenty here, and not just on GT3

Cheers!

im sorry that my first post has to be a flame.... but come on, this fast and the furious **** has gone too far. it was ok as a movie because i could just ignore it and let the ricers go spend $$ on it, but if this tastless "ricer" style takes over MY gran turismo games im going to start shooting ppl.

anyway nice looking forum you fellows have here, i look forward to visiting regularly.

Burn-out! ---- Hated it! :eek:

Ridge Racer 5 ---- Sucked :D

The handing and the over-all behaviour of the cars in these games was terrible. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the GT series.

I also would like to be able to visually modify the cars in GT4. It's a shame when you spend Cr. 250,000 to make a car perform well and it still looks like it just rolled of the showroom floor. I've said this before, but I really miss being able to change to racing paint schemes. I would also like a larger selection of cars(like in GT2).

Originally posted by advanR
im sorry that my first post has to be a flame.... but come on, this fast and the furious **** has gone too far. it was ok as a movie because i could just ignore it and let the ricers go spend $$ on it, but if this tastless "ricer" style takes over MY gran turismo games im going to start shooting ppl.

anyway nice looking forum you fellows have here, i look forward to visiting regularly.

Other than the shooting part, I agree with advanr. Gran Turismo is not about stickers and altezza lights. It is made to be a realistic racing simulation game. The racing modification like on GT2 and GT1 would be alright because the aerodynamics were functional. If they add the graphics and other b.s. to another game that has nothing to do with the GT series, I'll be alright with it. I just hope in light of the Fast and the Furious, Polyphony does not decide to add any useless customization to the game, but more cars instead.

If the Gran Turismo games are only about GT, why have rally? (rhetorical question, rally is cool!)

It would be nice to have some more customisation options in gt4 (bodykits and graphics). Hydrolics would sucks ass big stylee.

Those kinds of customisations could make any car look like it belongs on a track.

Also, in light of the recent petrol-head film trend, polyphony would be crazy not to include stuff like this (the kids will love it, therefore, more sales).

If you guys want some customizable cars just RENT "Supercar Street Challenge" I say rent because the demo came on my "The Fast And The Furious" dvd (i just got it 2 days ago and ive seen it 5 times already!) and it's crap except you can make your own supercar! Yeah you start out with a Saleen S7 and you can pick like 40+ different parts for it (nose styles, body kits, spoilers, rims, etc. etc.) that's the only good thing about the game. The racing part sux pretty bad. :(

Back