Fast and the Furious GT4

• Thread starter ELecTriC
  • 61 comments
Originally posted by ELecTriC
Yoo!! I just saw Fast and the Furious and were blown away by the cars
in it! Jeezz!! That Supra was beautiful.. and Dom's RX-7 too!! I want "my car to look that way too in GT! I REALLY want some cosmetic
custom parts for GT4!!!! Infact i want ALOT of cosmetic custom parts in it so you can make the car more personal! Take RAGE RACER for PSone which you could do custom logos on the cars!
Custom pain jobs, spoilers, logos, EVERYTHING would be nice to see in GT4.
Oh and a nother thing: More aggresive engine sounds! The only really aggresive sound in GT3 is the 787B car which sounds really mad!!

Well, yes and no. I do want more modifications, but not too many to make it a street racinf game. :nervous:

Originally posted by ViperConcept
Yeah I would really like to see custom stickers, spoilers, rims etc... in GT4. I dont think we will se a GT4 until around maybe 2003.:) Im not sure I just hope soon.
GT4's release date will probably early 2004. :P

If we dont get custom logos and all that.. i DO want the aggresive sounds!! Old Colin McRae has that.. you know.. that cool muffler sounds when you release the accelerator and it sounds like it spits and coughing kind of sound .. hehee

brumm brumm spitspithakkhakkwromm :D

Yeah! I have looked at that game a couple of times while looking for games to buy, but i played the first game on dreamcast and i were not impressed on the driving! The cars and the other stuff were cool that you could fix the cars up with spoilers and things!
How is the sequal then? Better and more fun driving?

The reason i want it to be in GT4 is i want a more personal car while racing against buddys or maybe online if that is included!
Like.. i have a big logo with ELecTriC on the side of the car... that would be awesome :D

I say that PD bring out 2 versions of GT4; Street and Racing. Street being a version where you race modded up road cars. Racing being a version where you start off with a bit more money, buy used touring cars and end up racing Le Mans Prototypes and F1. Both including the option to change certain aero parts and a texture editor to change the car colours.

You could argue forever about whether GT needs visual car modding, but one thing's for sure: All racing cars have some visual difference to their street counterparts (and GT's cars are driving on race tracks with huge crowds in grandstands) - at the very least, the cars are tagged with numbers so they can be identified, and with driver's names on the window. However you look at it, GT's a bit sparse in terms of capturing the feel of a race meeting. I'd certainly like to see these things, and more competitors, just so it feels that bit more real...

The one thing that would be nice to bring back for gt4 is the race modifications. This was also said taken out because of modeling time, but it is also something cosmetic that you do to the cars to that might help satisfy the ricers. if did put in the bodykits and such you would have to but on a screen it the tuning for "make my car less areodynamic" half the kits that are put on the "ricer" cars are heavier and less aerodynamic. I like ricers , i am one...i guess. I own a 1994 integra gsr with many performance upgrades but the windows are crystal clear and the body work is all the same.

Back to topic, if the put race mod back in GT4 then they should only do it to the cars that are real race schemes. Like taking the RSX and i think 5zigen has one in a series, get that to be your race modded RSX. But don't have one for the PT cruiser (unless there is one). I like the idea of having to have a race team that sounds great. It is most likely not going to happen but good idea. They have to do something new in GT4 though or else i think it will start to get to repetitive. Okay well thats my input, good thread.

ohhhyeah tokyo Xtreme is a very good game, it is completely different from GT but good. Driving style is almost complete arcade like, put you can lower, change ratios, spring rate, and all that stuff. Very long game to beat to.

I would like to see some NOS in the game!! Just like in the Fast And The Rurious Mister Nitrous Oxide would give something new to the game and make it funny as HELL!!
I would like to see some more customisation, we've got alloys and racing modifications but what about custom graphics (like Rage Racer)

BTW Dom's RX-7 was Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! The Supra, wharrrrr and the Mitsu pants.
The VW was a bit naff

😈

I don't think they should go mad on custom paint jobs. Sticking to the correct schemes up to the current season is fine but in multiplayer it would be an improvement if you could tag the cars with a number - currently when doing a single model race we have to fit different rims to tell the cars apart on the adjudication replay. Not very satisfactory.

When I say custom graphics I meant custom logos that can be applied to the car to make it more personnal. I think it would be easy to incorparate this into the game (hopefully) as the graphic can be stored on the mem card along with the game save.
And like you say it can distinguish the cars in multiplayer (which should be playable on-line) where you can trade logos etc.

😈

I think NOS would be stupid, when was the last time you saw a car in a rac (besides Drag Racing) that had NOS. Ohhh and NOS is a company not something you do to your car. Nitrous Oxide is something you do to your car. That movie is stupid and i hate that it is a common ground for people to refer things to but ohhh well i know i'm not a fast and furious guy, have fun with your "NOS"

NOS like you say is a company but because we are talking about the fast and the furious here, ppl that do not know what Nitrous Oxide is can associate it with NOS.

I know what nitrous oxide is, it is a chemical that has a high reactivity rate that when burned expands extremely quickly. This effect is harnessed when added to the cars engine producing BHP increases (up to 3 times as much as the standard engine).
Nitrous Oxide is also known as laughing gas, some of you may have used it in hospital or at the dentists and seen it in films such as the fast and the furious and biodome (not a good film but shows the effects of laughing gas).

😈

Personally, I kind of cringe at the thought of the GT series going the Fast & Furious route, with customizing and nitrous oxide and all the other stuff. That's not what GT racing is about. Besides, there are games that have all that other stuff in them.

I'd like to see GT stay a solid, realistic driving game that stays close to the real GT series/spirit. Just my opinion.

Besides, who knows, if they would start along those routes, pretty soon they'll leave out, say, the real Type R Hondas and just license the base models, then let you put the "R" stickers on them. (Yes, I'm joking, but still.....)

Oh, I am kind of glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't care much for the movie.

Maybe I should go try and find a copy of Le Mans and see if it's as cool as I remember it (loved it when I was a kid).

Well I would like to see more modification in the GT series, maybe not at the level of The Fast And The Furious with the Nitrous Oxide and maybe not the 'whacky' paint jobs. I would like to see options that allow us to customise the vehicles a bit more. So far we can modify the components of the car like turbos etc, but we cannot see what they look like (except for alloys).
Would it be good if you can select the type of exhaust for example out of a selection. Each exhaust or whatever component wanted to be updated can have their own specifications whilst being different shapes, colours etc. So if you bought say a Honda S2000 in blue, you can add all the under- the-hood components (with different configurations) and visible (esthetics) that are customisable like blue anodized exhausts with different shapes or whatever the case maybe.
Whats your views on this idea?

😈

GT3 IS FINE SO FAR UP TO A EXTENT, BUT WE NEED THINGS LIKE CLASSIC CARS. CONCEPT CARS, STREET CARS AND FULL ON CUSTOMISATION OPTIONS TO MAKE THE YOUR CARS LOOK HOW U WANT THEM TO LOOK, AND IT WOULD BE GOOD TO HAVE MORE F1 OR DRAG/STREET RACING INCLUDED ON BUILT STREET TRACKS LIKE TOKYO R246.

:mad:

While it would be cool to have one Uber-game that takes the paint/decal options of Armored Core, the Aero parts from TXR0, the damage model from Codemaster's upcoming Pro Race Driver, and the demented ingenuity of, well, the average gamer, and has every single car, past, present, or future in it (D/L from a central server?), it ain't gonna happen. Get over it!

I mean, GT4 is going to be a road-racing game first and foremost, with a little rally action for variety. It ain't no fashion show. Y'all ain't cruisin' for babes or trying to impress the show judges; you're trying to win a race! And I ain't talking the type of race that starts out by droppin' some revs on the guy next to you at the light, nor the left-turn-only snooze-fest known as NASCAR.

Maybe between races, you want to play around a little. Maybe you wanna see what the big deal with the Supra is, or try getting some actual speed out of a Daihatsu (good luck on that one!). That's fine. Play. Experiment. But don't expect GT4 to have more rice than Uncle Ben.

And for GAWD's sake, don't think you're all that just 'cuz you got a chrome-plated coffee can on your muffler and a park bench on your rear decklid. If you actually knew how to drive, or even mod your own car, you wouldn't need all that. To be a winner, first you gotta stop being a loser!

yo, jevinator what was all that, this is all part of the fantasy, i know it ain't goin to happen, but the Gran turismo series needs new ideas like damage, classic cars, concpet cars etc. and some customisation like in the first two games with the racing modifactions etc.

You don't need a mish mash of crap ideas like u suggested, but only one and that is Gran Turismo, 4 The Real driving Simulator!!!

we want more from this series NOW !!

ok, we don't need stuff like NOS ETC. Thats a bit OTT, but like is I said, these things are needed to make the series the definitive series of racing games on any console.

P.S. RALLISPORT CHALLENGE AND PROJECT GOTHAM SUCK, XBOX SUCKS!!!

Don't get me wrong; sport compacts are my favorite style of car. And I admit that I do like making a car my own, and so do other people. (I like my cars clean-looking. I prefer a more understated style than to put a melon-launcher on my exhaust. OTOH, I guess it DOES take all types.)

However, it seems that nowadays there are too many kids that think that all it takes to be fast is a pimped Honda
and a ticket stub from F&F....

What I WOULD like is the return of the dyno graphs from the first two so that I could see the actual shape of the entir torque and HP curve. That, and the Boost control from GT1; lower boost to reduce turbo-lag and/or make the cut for HP-limited events.

Originally posted by xxintegra94xx
I think NOS would be stupid, when was the last time you saw a car in a rac (besides Drag Racing) that had NOS. Ohhh and NOS is a company not something you do to your car. Nitrous Oxide is something you do to your car. That movie is stupid and i hate that it is a common ground for people to refer things to but ohhh well i know i'm not a fast and furious guy, have fun with your "NOS"

there always has to be one party pooper, doesnt there?

Nitro would be a nice addition. Not NOS, NOS is gay. Some stickers would be nice, like honda stickers for hondas and so on. Body kits would be gay. Different mufflers would be nice when you upgrade. But other than that keep it the same.

The thing with custom things on your car that i meant (i think)were just things that would make it easier to see its actually YOUR car! Its your own car and you should be able to do something to it to make it unik. Hell, i would like to see "ELecTriC" on my hood and some other places too on the car! That would benefit for the online play later so you see its YOU racing that car! Some new parts on the car that wont do too much to the performans to the car would be appreciated too, just to make it YOUR own car!

I dont know excactly what i typed in my first post, but..this is my opinion now!

:cheeburga

Back