Fast Drivers vs Skilled Drifters

Good idea. 👍

I think the WRS has got a strong team together - I'll be watching with interest. :)

Admit it Dion, you hang around there as well. I'm waiting for judging confirmations ( Drifting side of it), So this better be a good competition.

Understand? Good :P

Do we need to set a deadline ? to build up teams ? or do we simply keep it an open challenge ?

I've clicked the link in little-chips's post only to find out that there is a four man team already sorted from the WRS!
And it look like there is only going to be one team!

So what was the point of starting the thread if the team has been formed already?

If it was to foster interest in forming a team, and the team has already been created, then it's useless.
If it was to foster interest in the comp and garner some support, then maybe a better title would be appropriate.

Either way, I'm disappointed.

Neil

By all means start another team...

We cant have too many members in a team as all the drifting laps need to be made into a video and submitted to the judges. So far thats 4 on each side, so thats 8.

And btw, if you can think of a better team to represent WRS then go ahead and say so. Im sure if this one is a success then some more will be held.

What exactly did you expect?

flat-out
Do we need to set a deadline ? to build up teams ? or do we simply keep it an open challenge ?
Once the drifters get a team together we will go from their, finalising scoring, setting deadlines, sorting combos and rules etc.

I hadn't followed the link when I posted, since I thought it was linking to MisterWeary's thread.
I think that 4 racers per team is a good number.
But we can have Team WRS 1 and Team WRS 2 (...Team WRS n) competing against one another and against Team Drifters.
If many WRSers are interested, we could even split the existing team so that each WRS team has a fast guy which would make the competition greater.
Just my 0.02 €

See the problem is that for the drifting part. We have to make all the laps into vids for the judges to download and then judge. They award points for style, control, angle, smoke etc. It has nothing to do with "best lap time" so we cant compare anything to that run. The winners and losers of that round are based soley on the judges score. (the judges dont know the identiy of the vid they are judging)

so you need a team of good drifters... not fast drivers... so the challenge really is: can fast drivers also be "stylish" drifters?

am i missing something?

The challenge is to see if fast drivers can drift, and if very good drifters are also fast.

A lot of skill is required to be good at either.

So basically if you cant drift then this challenge isnt for you.

Driving fast is only half the battle, and on the drifters side, drifting is only half the battle.

Ah! I see!

Thanks for clearing that up Dion, from the original post it looked to me, that there was only gonna be one team possible.

My app-a-low-gee's!

If more WRS'ers want to form teams, then I may partake.

Neil

The problem with an 'open house' policy is it will just be chaos. I can foresee it. 50,000 people will be asking for videos to be made and judged...

If you're going to allow 2 teams, then you have to allow 3, then 4, then 5. Where do you draw the line Again, can you imagine a BC with GTP1, GTP2, GTP3?

Fryz has posted this showing that he have created a team that he wanted, in a competition he made. He can choose anyone he likes. He's just advertising what he's doing in the drifting forum, which maybe a lot of you don't venture too.

ballstothewall
Ah! I see!

Thanks for clearing that up Dion, from the original post it looked to me, that there was only gonna be one team possible.

My app-a-low-gee's!

If more WRS'ers want to form teams, then I may partake.

Neil

you will have to ask the judges how many runs they are willing to look at, Ive already talked to some people and we agreed on 4 for each side. Nothings stopping you from competiting on the sidelines then comparing your laps to the guys in the competition.

Small_Fryz
The challenge is to see if fast drivers can drift, and if very good drifters are also fast.

A lot of skill is required to be good at either.

So basically if you cant drift then this challenge isnt for you.

Driving fast is only half the battle, and on the drifters side, drifting is only half the battle.

i see... it will be fun to see the outcome of this... altough i didn´t quite understand how the score is going to be given... i just have to read something about those D1 competitions to fully understand what´s is the objective of the competition... i suppose its drift + speed = higher score, just like in NFS Underground...

Scoring:
Style - 10 points
Angle - 10 points
Control - 10 points
Smoke - 5 points

those scoring procedures are quite good, looking forward to inducing massive angled drifts that are painfully slow, yet look good;)

Okay Dion asked if I could make some vid's of your drifting laps and what-not...so Dion just let me know when and what versions you need mate :)

Jerome

Back