Fast & Furious Crossroads First Gameplay Trailer Revealed, Due August 7

Ouch. Sums it up pretty well though; there's potential, but that's completely wasted in the (lack of) execution.

Ouch. Sums it up pretty well though; there's potential, but that's completely wasted in the (lack of) execution.

Hmmm...

EZEy7IQWoAA8_1f

Sure didn't work out like the rest of your bashful boasting, did it Ian?

Ian Bell truly is the racing genre's resident huckster, a mixture of Randy Pitchford's arrogance and Peter Molyneux's inability to bring a project fully to fruition, away from the sky high ideas that are set during the lead up to release.

I've rarely seen reviews like this. One UK newspaper (Metro, sort of Daily Mail-lite, and free) opens the review with this:
The latest video game tie-in, from the creators of Project Cars, is the worst thing to happen Fast & Furious since the death of Paul Walker.

I've rarely seen reviews like this. One UK newspaper (Metro, sort of Daily Mail-lite, and free) opens the review with this:
That's a bit much, and definitely in bad taste.

Ian Bell truly is the racing genre's resident huckster, a mixture of Randy Pitchford's arrogance and Peter Molyneux's inability to bring a project fully to fruition, away from the sky high ideas that are set during the lead up to release.
Don't forget a bit of Todd Howard a.k.a. Todd Coward

Last edited by a moderator:
That's Game Central. One of a very small number of game reviewers with some integrity. They are hosted on the Metro website.

I imagine Ian's in his office, typing up some boasting response about how he's better then said reviewer, before deleting it and writing it again, over and over, because Codemasters did one good thing and muzzled him for once so that they don't have to deal with the headaches.

Codemasters did one good thing and muzzled him for once so that they don't have to deal with the headaches.

If you think Codemasters is censoring him, you're wrong. Nathan, his son, is not holding back at all on the Discord for Project CARS 3. Codemasters doesn't seem to have any influence at all on SMS so far.

Ouch, that's pretty brutal. :lol:

I'm pretty sure there's more going on behind the scenes than we know today. It's almost as if they made a prototype/early version of the game and just released that instead of finishing it. Curious to see whether there will be any updates and/or additional content. I'm not expecting anything in that regard.

That's Game Central. One of a very small number of game reviewers with some integrity. They are hosted on the Metro website.
Isn't GameCentral what replaced the old Digitiser on Teletext?

Polygon reckons that BN didn't send out any review copies/codes. That's rarely a good sign - one of those "what have they got to hide" things. I guess we know now... one outlet said that the most impressive thing about Crossroads was "the balls of Bandai Namco to release it as a full, $60 video game".

Last edited:
Curious to see whether there will be any updates and/or additional content. I'm not expecting anything in that regard.

Well they sold an expensive season pass with the Deluxe version. They don’t really have a choice to make new updates and new DLC now.

Well they sold an expensive season pass with the Deluxe version. They don’t really have a choice to make new updates and new DLC now.
Currently on steam the game has 20 people playing and that's less than a week from launch, I don't think I have ever seen a game from such a well known company bomb this hard (maybe Onrush?). It would probably make more financial sense to just stop DLC development and refund all the season pass owners. That is unless all the content had been made already and was skimmed off the game before hand.

Currently on steam the game has 20 people playing and that's less than a week from launch, I don't think I have ever seen a game from such a well known company bomb this hard (maybe Onrush?). It would probably make more financial sense to just stop DLC development and refund all the season pass owners. That is unless all the content had been made already and was skimmed off the game before hand.
I don't think even Onrush bombed to this degree.

I've found a unicorn, well almost, its positive review for F&FXRoads!!!

https://www.thegamer.com/fast-furious-crossroads-review/

Last edited:
I saw the gameplay of it on a few videos a couple of days ago. I didn’t have too much hope for it, though the best FNF game would be FNF PS2. Less glitchy funnily enough than Crossroads, too bad I couldn’t see much of the online mode.

Isn't GameCentral what replaced the old Digitiser on Teletext?

Polygon reckons that BN didn't send out any review copies/codes. That's rarely a good sign - one of those "what have they got to hide" things. I guess we know now... one outlet said that the most impressive thing about Crossroads was "the balls of Bandai Namco to release it as a full, $60 video game".
Yes it is. They started looking for a new home once Teletext and ended up at Metro.

Did SMS lose the right to F&F or what?

Doesn’t look good at all and what’s the point of writting "SH1FT3R"?

Edit: Oh F&F: Spy Racers is an animated movie, makes sense that the game is cartoony with unlicensed cars. SMSM might still have the license for the "real" movie.

Last edited:
I find it staggering we are already at year five of the six-year deal already! :eek:

Though I presume there won't be much happening from this point onwards anyway...

Last edited:
I noticed that the Steam reviews were 'mixed' rather than 'negative', so I took a peak at who's been leaving positive reviews. I was not disappointed. :lol:

I'm inclined to just grab the game for a tenner or so, just so it's saved for posterity. It's one of those games that's so terrible, it becomes cult/camp.

EDIT: bought for 17 EUR. :lol:

1648937515998.png

Last edited:
Back