Fastest XP/Credit Farming Setup

Why would you consider Blue Mooning if you can make almost as much doing the Maggiore Gp 1 race? Sounds like thats a better bet!!

I hate that stupid Blue Moon race. I did it a couple of times with an Xbow tune I found on here and it worked ok but its so deathly boring and you don't really have a lot of room for error and mistakes either. I haven;t yet managed a clean race bonus on it so I only netted about 285k each time. And if you clip a wall or lose it, then you've basically wasted the race and need to start again. Painful.

Tonight I had a go at the other Premium Sports Lounge races with a 911 GT3 RS (991) tuned to N500. 210k (more for clean bonus I guess) and its virtually impossible to not win. Ie. No wasted attempts. You can practice drifts, spin out, smash a few times and still easily win every time.

The F1 races are also good for payout but I wouldn't say they're good for mindless grinding. A few big mistakes and its hard work to get back up and win. I'm yet to win at Suzuka and Fuji. Only started playing them a week or so ago,

Because Blue Mooning is a much quicker way to earn money than GR1 races. When you get used to driving getting the clean race bonus at Blue Moon is a cake walk and not that tough in F1 either

Because Blue Mooning is a much quicker way to earn money than GR1 races. When you get used to driving getting the clean race bonus at Blue Moon is a cake walk and not that tough in F1 either
It takes me only 1 or 2 minutes longer to complete the new Gr1 races in a Bugatti than it does for me to complete Blue Moon in the 911. A small difference, but worth it in my mind for the sake of driving a track that it slightly less mind-numbing. *shrug*

Why would you consider Blue Mooning if you can make almost as much doing the Maggiore Gp 1 race? Sounds like thats a better bet!!

Because the BMB seems to be easier and a little bit faster. The Maggiore race with Gr1 is fun to drive. However in order to get the clean race bonus, one must be patient and focused to not touch other cars or let them touch you. An easy effort, but one that demands a little bit of concentration.

The BMB seems way easier. Just that.

Can you explain how it actually worked? From what I understand you put rubber bands on controller so throttle was on and steering slightly tilted. How did it net credits overnight though? Was it done on a track with walls and you grind against the wall going round and round? Or something like that? Sorry if they're stupid questions!

Yep you are right all around. X-Bow vs. Gr. 4 is the fastest way to earn credits AFAIK. It nets you a little over 6mil. per 24 hours of rubber banding. You're never more than 4 days away from a 20mil. car ;)

Jerome

It nets you a little over 6mil. per 24 hours of rubber banding. You're never more than 4 days away from a 20mil. car ;)

If you are willing to not play the game for 4 days! Or touch your PS4. I'd recommend a fan to play over the PS4 if you are going to give it that stringent a workout, BTW...! Plus, what's the electrical draw of the console while playing the game?! Does someone else pay your electrical bills? :sly:

ELectric draw is minor. If you have a water heater and cook on an electric stove and have electric lights then a console isnt even a blip on your bill.

I'm more worried about burning out fans or whatnot on my ancient 2014 day one release ps4.

I leave on my xbox as it has power start issues. If it dies it dies.

Max draw playing games on a PS4 is said to be about 150W. 24 hours of that is like running a kilowatt heater for 3.6 hours a day. That's not chump change.

Overheating issues are a definite problem, which is why I play a small fan over my consoles as I play (have done so since the PS3 early days).

ELectric draw is minor. If you have a water heater and cook on an electric stove and have electric lights then a console isnt even a blip on your bill.

I'm more worried about burning out fans or whatnot on my ancient 2014 day one release ps4.

I leave on my xbox as it has power start issues. If it dies it dies.

I did about 40 days straight of 24 hour rubber-band runs while grinding to level 50. (ended up with $400 million+)

I also have a 2014 OG ps4. Runs like a champ.

Just so you guys know, power cycles are more strenuous on electronics than extended use. Also, it's processors reach max temp almost instantly after powering it on and it starts rendering things.

Supposing that leaving a PS4 on all night is somehow bad for it is just wrong. Rubber-band away...

If you are willing to not play the game for 4 days! Or touch your PS4. I'd recommend a fan to play over the PS4 if you are going to give it that stringent a workout, BTW...! Plus, what's the electrical draw of the console while playing the game?! Does someone else pay your electrical bills? :sly:

Don't do 24 hours at once. Maybe do 12-ish hours overnight while you sleep or while you are at work. Thats usually what I do. 👍

Jerome

Don't do 24 hours at once. Maybe do 12-ish hours overnight while you sleep or while you are at work. Thats usually what I do. 👍

Jerome

Which would change the math that you are only 4 days away from a 20Mcr car. You are now 8 days away.

I looked up the numbers on power consumption, and went with some of the highest quoted. I would think GTS's graphics and high car count for grind races ought to push things as high as any FPS game. It may be a worst case scenario, but one thing I have noticed is my PS4 slim ramping up the fan while playing. Got to think that's a higher than normal current draw.

My point about power wasn't anything to do with longevity (that would have been me recommending a fan!) but about the power bill. I know for sure, if I leave on a room heater for four hours a day, my electrical bill will certainly go up bigtime!

Which would change the math that you are only 4 days away from a 20Mcr car. You are now 8 days away.

I looked up the numbers on power consumption, and went with some of the highest quoted. I would think GTS's graphics and high car count for grind races ought to push things as high as any FPS game. It may be a worst case scenario, but one thing I have noticed is my PS4 slim ramping up the fan while playing. Got to think that's a higher than normal current draw.

My point about power wasn't anything to do with longevity (that would have been me recommending a fan!) but about the power bill. I know for sure, if I leave on a room heater for four hours a day, my electrical bill will certainly go up bigtime!

LOL, okay. IF YOU DO 24 HOUR RACES, YOU'LL NEVER BE MORE THAN 4 DAYS AWAY FROM A 20 MIL CAR.

Jerome

I think you would be making the right correction by saying that, if you did 12 hour rubber band stints each and every day, you are only 8 days away from a 20M car.

Trying to mitigate the appearance of the problem by suggesting an impractical solution is deceptive at best.

The REAL point is, even if you rubberband grind for 12 hours a day, it's going to take you 8 days to get just ONE of the 20M cars. It sure don't sound so easy, you put it that way...

Like in my quote below :), and this does still work.

Thanks for that!! So once you set the length of the race, you have to stick to that? You cannot come back and end it earlier? Or extend it to go longer? Lets say you set it to be an 8 hour race. What happens when it hits 8 hours? The race just ends automatically without you doing anything, and it awards you credits? Or do you have to be at the playstation at the 8 hour mark to do something?

Thanks for that!! So once you set the length of the race, you have to stick to that? You cannot come back and end it earlier? Or extend it to go longer? Lets say you set it to be an 8 hour race. What happens when it hits 8 hours? The race just ends automatically without you doing anything, and it awards you credits? Or do you have to be at the playstation at the 8 hour mark to do something?
If you set a length of race you have to stay with that, and you can not end it or extend it longer, unless you start all over again. Let's say you set a 8 hour race overnight, and when the 8 hours are up the credits appear are on the screen, and they stay there until you go to your PS4, you do not need to be at your PS4 when the 8 hours are up.

If you set a length of race you have to stay with that, and you can not end it or extend it longer, unless you start all over again. Let's say you set a 8 hour race overnight, and when the 8 hours are up the credits appear are on the screen, and they stay there until you go to your PS4, you do not need to be at your PS4 when the 8 hours are up.
The guy who says economy is fine knows all the details about rubber banding.

Please be reasonable. At least with yourself.

i there an upper limit to how long the race can be? Could I go away for 3 days and leave the ps4 on grinding away for 72 hours with a fan blowing on it to help keep it cool?

Only if one doesn't play during the time one isn't rubberbanding. Let's not be deceptive.

Weird analysis. He specifically stated a hypothetical example; if one was to rubberband for 12 hours a day, then it would take 8 days to buy a 20M car. Ie. you do X and you'll get Y. Naturally there are infinite permutations that alter the calculation. You could rubberband for 11 hours and 12 mins + play Blue Moon for 38 minutes + do an arcade race for 7 minutes and that would = a certain amount of credits. So what?

i there an upper limit to how long the race can be? Could I go away for 3 days and leave the ps4 on grinding away for 72 hours with a fan blowing on it to help keep it cool?

24 hours is the longest you can set.

But...

.. the longer the race, the further behind you will finish, and the greater the chance you won't get a payout at all. 9 hours was the longest I did that got a payout, think I set it for longer than 12 hours once, when I came back to, I only got the mileage, not the credits.

.. the longer the race, the further behind you will finish, and the greater the chance you won't get a payout at all.

What do you mean by "further behind"? Surely grinding against the wall means you always come dead last? Or does it comes down to how much you lose by?

What do you mean by "further behind"? Surely grinding against the wall means you always come dead last? Or does it comes down to how much you lose by?

You always come second, which is effectively last, but you will be lapped once for every two laps you complete (roughly). If you lose by too many laps you don't get the credits. I don't know what point this is but yes, 8 hours is normally fine.

You always come second, which is effectively last, but you will be lapped once for every two laps you complete (roughly). If you lose by too many laps you don't get the credits. I don't know what point this is but yes, 8 hours is normally fine.
I have done the race with N100 a car up against a Gr.1 and come second, a 3 hour race and win over 600,000 credits.

Last edited:
FWIW: I have no great urge to own the mega expensive cars. I just want to get every other car in the game so I don't feel compelled to do this workout and earn credits. I'm loving GT Sport (only been playing about 6 weeks now) but I don't feel like waiting months and months to drive the majority of cars.

FWIW: I have no great urge to own the mega expensive cars. I just want to get every other car in the game so I don't feel compelled to do this workout and earn credits. I'm loving GT Sport (only been playing about 6 weeks now) but I don't feel like waiting months and months to drive the majority of cars.
That's right my friend :cheers:, just buy the cars that you need :).

I have done the race with N100 a car up against a Gr.1 and come second, a 3 hour race and win over 600,000 credits.

I used to do it for short 1-2 hour races whilst working on decals for the request thread since that was eating into my game time, they were normally N100 vs Gr.1 but the payouts weren't worth much. I'd have easily earned more by simply racing most of the GTL events. It was only when I decided I wanted the Jag I hit the longer race distances.. you can see when that was!

upload_2018-10-25_12-23-12.png

As I've said, once I got a 20 mill car I came to the conclusion it wasn't worth the (minimal) effort, so I'm currently trying to buy the rest of the cars in the game, which I'm funding by playing through GT League. As I'm doing this I'm also logging the times and the realistically possible payouts so I can see which are better and which are worse. I've got no intention of grinding the same race over and over, but it doesn't hurt to know which races are more efficient than others for when credits are needed, it won't be much longer before I've got all the sub 15 million credit cars though.... so we'll see what the next update brings.

Latest Posts

Back