Favorite Car in San Andreas?

• Thread starter Event
  • 302 comments
My gut feeling is that the Bullet is the fastest. But I haven't driven other top range cars like the Turismo much. I've driven the LV Ringroad race with it a few times. I might try it with the Bullet. I have a time to compare it with - 1:57 for a clean run.

I'll try when I'm home later.

KM.

I'm not sure why, but I like the Savanna, even though it's a long, wide car. It's tough, makes quite good U-turns, and not too shaby in the speed department. Oh, and you can low-ride with it.

Just won a Monster, only problem is that you can't see the cars in front of you unless you use an annoying camera angle. Great torque if you have to go up some steep hills.

Small_Fryz
do you notice how each City has different cop cars
Yes. I especially love how they made Las Venturas' Cop Cars into those squarer ones. They suit the city well. The Police Ranchers are cool. They suit the country well. Los Santos and San Fierro, as far as I know, have the same type of car, just different lettering (LSPD and SFPD).

yeah iknow that the LV are different colour and different rims, but like you said im not sure about SF and LS. which model is faster, or are they the same?

Time Trials for the LV Ringroad Circuit:

Turismo - 1:57
Bullet - 1:50

So far the Bullet is the fastest.

I have an Infernus stashed in Las Venturas so I'm going to try it next. Any other cars worth trying it with?

KM.

KieranMurphy
Time Trials for the LV Ringroad Circuit:

So far the Bullet is the fastest.

I have an Infernus stashed in Las Venturas so I'm going to try it next. Any other cars worth trying it with?

KM.

Super GT, PCJ-600, FCR-900

Spuds725
Super GT???
Yup, I'll try it too.

I think the Banshee and Cheetah are worth testing for comparison too.

And I might take the Hotring Racer over for a run as well.

I'll try it out with the PCJ600, NRG500, FCR900 and BF400 as well.

edit You editted before I saw it. I was gonna try the bikes as well anyway.

KM.

I edited my previous-- bike times. I'm curious as to what the hotring racer would do too.

To bad you can't pick vehicles for races-- at least everyone is on an even field but everyone has a favorite vehicle.

Also, the Banshee.

Interested in a SA Racer club type thread for that race. Its a nice simple track and then people could use modded cars too??

Just a thought.

Windsor Again...I have re-made it my favorite car....love dressing up in 'Ds' gear, grabbing a windsor in grey with twist rims and cruising....100% sex appeal baby !

Here's a surprise:

NRG500 - 1:52

I thought it would wipe the floor with even the fastest cars.

All of my times have a few seconds could be taken off them, but they give a good indication of the speeds of vehicles.

I might try some cars with nitro and see what happens.

So the times so far are:

Infernus - 1:47
NRG500 - 1:52

KM.

Im using the long San Fiero Airport runway for my test. I line up the car at the end of the runway (north east) where the grass meets the asphalt, making sure that the nose on the car does not cross the line. The track is the black runway and the finish is where the black asphalt meets the light gray (south west). I do 3 runs for each car to make sure I didn't misjudge anything. This only tests the cars acceleration and top speed, so good handling doesn't count here. It's preatty cool cause it's close to the driving school and the import/export boat is right next to it across the water so it doesn't take long to test new cars.

Times (in seconds):
Infernus 17, 17, 17 fog
Bullet 17/18, 18, 18
Hotring racer 18, 17/18, 18
Turismo 18, 18, 18 fog
Elegy 19, 19, 19
Comet 19, 19, 19
Cheetah 19, 19, 19
ZR-350 19 fog, 19/20 fog, 19 fog
Super GT 20, 20, 20
Jester 20, 20, 20
Phoenix 20/21 fog, 20/21 fog, 20/21 fog
Hotknife 20/21 fog, 20/21 fog, 21 rain
Euros 21, 21, 21
Windsor 22, 22, 21/22
Monster 29, 28, 28

Cool. I'll keep doing the LV Ringroad test. Together, they'll make for some nice data about the cars in the game. I like the LV Ringroad because it tests the cars speed over a long run and it doesn't need good handling because the corners are very wide. It's just a bit of a pain getting a clean run. It took a good 10 runs with the Infernus to get round the course without being run off the road.

KM.

BTW, if anyone wants to try the LV Ringroad test and add some times, I'm starting off under the sign on the LV Ringroad just a few yards to the east of the Strip. It's a good to pull up and brake to a stop at the last minute just as the clock changes to xx:00 and then hit the gas. If you wait there until the minute changes, you'll end up in the middle of a multi car pile up and you'll have to drive round cars and probably get run off the road before you even get past the first turn off.

I'm counting the times for circuits where I make it right round the course on full throttle on the outside of the road without getting hit by another car.

KM.

KieranMurphy
Cool. I'll keep doing the LV Ringroad test. Together, they'll make for some nice data about the cars in the game.

Sounds like a good plan.

Looks like the Infernus is way better then I gave it credit for. I always thought that it was a great car with a rather long braking distance, well there is a reason for that and it has to do with the fact that there is a lot more grunt in it then I thought. It's excelent grip and handling make you think that its not as quick as it really is, that is until you have to brake, I almost put it in the water on the last run cause it started to rain as I went over the line.

KM you should test the turismo under the same conditions, not useing your race time with it. that way we get a better indication. Also i knew the bullet and infernus were extremely fast.

Small_Fryz
KM you should test the turismo under the same conditions,
Yes, I thought of that. I have a Turismo saved in a garage in Las Venturas so I'm planning to take it out and try it out under the exact same circumstances as the other cars. Just in case.

KM.

excellent, because i think it is capable of faster times than that, i think i have a 1:55 for LV ringroad. though im sure the times out of the race are faster.

also try the buffalo, its a very quick car as well.

Quick update cause it's raining in the game, two new cars added: Elegy & Euros
The Elegy is bloody quick once it gets going (i.e. stops chewing tires :P).

Times (in seconds):
Infernus 17, 17, 17 fog
Bullet 17/18, 18, 18
Turismo 18, 18, 18 fog
Cheetah 19, 19, 19
Buffalo 19, 19, 19
Comet 19, 19, 19
Elegy 19, 19, 19
Super GT 20, 20, 20
Sultan 20, 20, 20
Jester 20, 20, 20
Euros 21, 21, 21
Windsor 22, 22, 21/22
Uranus 22, 22, 22
Monster 29, 28, 28

updated Uranus, Sultan & Buffalo

Buffalo and Slamvan is next I just have to make my way to Catalina's hide out to pick one up, don't have one in the garage and it's a few days until i can import one...

Last one for today..

new cars: San Fiero Police car, Slamvan & Cadrona

I'm curious to see if there is a difference in speed between the cab, the police version and the common premier. That and finding out which is the fastest lowrider + the bikes tomorrow.

Times (in seconds):
Infernus 17, 17, 17 fog
Bullet 17/18, 18, 18
Turismo 18, 18, 18 fog
Cheetah 19, 19, 19
Buffalo 19, 19, 19
Comet 19, 19, 19
Elegy 19, 19, 19
Super GT 20, 20, 20
Sultan 20, 20, 20
Jester 20, 20, 20
San Fiero Police car 20/21, 20/21, 20/21
Euros 21, 21, 21
Slamvan 21, 21, 21
Windsor 22, 22, 21/22
Uranus 22, 22, 22
Cadrona 23, 23, 23
Monster 29, 28, 28

so the premier, police cars and taxi are all the same shape? i think the cop cars would be the fastest type, and LV the fastest cop car lol. Well it looks the fastest

I tried the LV Ringroad with the Turismo outside of the race and got 1:55 so it seems to be the same either in race or outside the race.

KM.

There were a few, mostly the duller models with some nice mods on them. I can't believe they left that out of IV.

Back