Favorite Drag Cars / Drag Tuning

• Thread starter asondej
  • 83 comments
I use my 830 hp Chevelle with Sports hards in the rear and Racing hards in the front so that it can do burnouts

Ford GT, GTR Vspec, Zr1, Mclaren F1. (All fully modded).

These are the cars I mainly use to drag race.

My faves:

1. Veyron
2. Audi R8 5.2
3. Tommy Kaira ZZII
4. McLaren F1
5. Dodge Viper SRT-10

Although I'm getting a soft spot for a particular Merc that a fellow member showed me but still finding the limits for that car.

Mustang mach 1

picture.php

picture.php

Torque wheelies off the line!

Unfortunately the setup doesn't work for every car :grumpy:

Last edited:
My favorite car to drag is the GT by Citroen Concept... in reverse.

All electric, AWD. Forward gear is for top speed, reverse accelerates off the line and up to roughly 190mph like no other.

All the goodies are already listed.

Ford GT
Enzo
Mclaren F1
Viper(s)
GTR V Spec
R8
RS6
Le Mans Quattro
Nuvolari Quattro
Veyron
Escudo
TVR Speed 12 (my fav)
ZZII
Z06/ZR1
Murcielago
Muscle Cars
SLR Mclaren (another fav)
SL65 AMG
SL600

The ESCUDO with the trani set at 124 is awesome, massive lead and then gets passed but whatever, the the TVR speed 12 slow off the line than catches up to everything else, the veyron is good for drags but as soon as there is a turn i could practically pass it on foot

All the goodies are already listed.

Ford GT
Enzo
Mclaren F1
Viper(s)
GTR V Spec
R8
RS6
Le Mans Quattro
Nuvolari Quattro
Veyron
Escudo
TVR Speed 12 (my fav)
ZZII
Z06/ZR1
Murcielago
Muscle Cars
SLR Mclaren (another fav)
SL65 AMG
SL600

you forget The R34 and mkiv supra
depends weather were on about ssr7 or top gear or the small straight in road course Indy

If you actually tune your car for the straight line it will beat most things
example:
my r34 has been tuned for a straight line race geared to the distance in this case top gear.
I could then have your average stereotypical GT5 player park next to me in his 1000bhp viper on racing softs. all he has done is add the performance upgrades for the engine and perhaps the drive train (most don't though) he then floors it changing when the light comes on in HUD. Im however changing at peak power he then is beaten as hes losing time due to late shifting. my car has 200bhp less than then him.

The moral of the story spend time setting up and it will pay off
p.s I have raced Mafia boy in my R34 and it was competitive to a certain extent with a veyron

If you actually tune your car for the straight line it will beat most things
example:
my r34 has been tuned for a straight line race geared to the distance in this case top gear.
I could then have your average stereotypical GT5 player park next to me in his 1000bhp viper on racing softs. all he has done is add the performance upgrades for the engine and perhaps the drive train (most don't though) he then floors it changing when the light comes on in HUD. Im however changing at peak power he then is beaten as hes losing time due to late shifting. my car has 200bhp less than then him.

The moral of the story spend time setting up and it will pay off
p.s I have raced Mafia boy in my R34 and it was competitive to a certain extent with a veyron

great wording, i agree 100% with you

Back