Favorite Drag Cars / Drag Tuning

• Thread starter asondej
  • 83 comments
I had some good drag races the other day actually, my R33 with 698bhp goes quite well. Had some close races against an R34 and an R32. Had a small skyline drag session that was really fun. Just had to ignore the Red Bull's and the Veyrons thinking they were cool.

My Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 Rally Car '86 puts to shame everything except a Ford GT, GT-R or a Skyline. People often kick me out of rooms because the Pug does something to their Evo/Sti's Egos. lol

this is going to sound pissweak against all the other bit time superfast cars in here, but ive been enjoying being in rooms that have a bit of variety with more cars other than the vipers, gtr veyrons etc...

ive been having a lot of fun perfecting my Holden Commoddorre SS... fully tuned, ive done all of the suspension tweak, obviously i can find some more when i have time, i run a normal gearbox, just start from 2nd, i havent gotten around to doing that part yet...

probably not the fastest, but i have a lot of fun with it, and it surprises a lot of people

Good ol' Tvr Speed 12, its a rocket through mid range, will easily catch up to a veyron to a point. As far as my setup it concerned struggles keeping up with 400kph+ cars though, but you trade that for the sound.
Have fun getting it off the line cleanly though. :D

Mustang mach 1

picture.php

picture.php

Torque wheelies off the line!

Unfortunately the setup doesn't work for every car :grumpy:

Yah could you post up the settings for this because I have been trying to get my mach up with different settings and cant get it done

Enzo is really quick. I just got one.

I like dragging the Viper the best. It has a small rpm range so it just beasts along gear after gear.

I'd love to setup a PP limited drag room.

tvr 12 speed is fun! race against some medium speed cars and once it hits 3rd is boom thruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I've raced against many enzo's and none of them have come even close.

Then you must be racing noobs because I can guarantee for a fact that your ACR will not even come close to my Enzo in the tunnel. I'll even offer you a brand new Ferrari 599 or something of equivalent value if you beat me with your Viper which I know you won't. Hell, I'd even put money on my own Viper tune that's in my garage beating your Viper.

Then you must not race Enzo's

Then you must be racing noobs because I can guarantee for a fact that your ACR will not even come close to my Enzo in the tunnel. I'll even offer you a brand new Ferrari 599 or something of equivalent value if you beat me with your Viper which I know you won't. Hell, I'd even put money on my own Viper tune that's in my garage beating your Viper.

When did this become a challenge thread? He stated what he likes to drag race with, and that is what the thread asks for. I've seen some fast Vipers, and some Fast Enzos. There is always someone faster then the next guy. I love when i'm in a room dominating, and someone I"ve never even meet or seen in a lobby comes in and whoops my ass with a GT-R or even better, a Viper/Enzo. It makes oyu go back to the garage an squeeze more out of your favorite car.

When you read claims like that, they are bound to be challenged Don. I was just the first. :P

As for me, my personal drag beast is none other than my Veyron. I love that oversized W16 powered VW Beetle to bits!! :D

Who said anything about drag racing the tunnel?

Peopla talk to much bs regarding drag racing. Its more then hp that counts. And yes. A good tuned ACR wont take out a good tuned enzo, thats it.

Peopla talk to much bs regarding drag racing. Its more then hp that counts. And yes. A good tuned ACR wont take out a good tuned enzo, thats it.

I know. People are soo stereotypical about it. All they think is that you need shorter/longer gear ratios and that's it. N00bs...

I'm not the greatest drag tuner, but I've been rather pleased with the results from my Le Mans Quattro. Took it out on my drag track online last night and wiped the floor with almost everything. Up to around 150mph or so there was nothing even remotely in it's range.

I've put a Gallardo differential tune into it and running a 40/60 split, which launches it so hard the fluffy dice would be thrown through the firewall and into engine block! It's only geared for about 220mph, but that's generally more than enough. In fact, a psn friend of mine brought out his drag tuned Aston Martin V8 Vantage and we decided to find out just how many car lengths behind I could get to and still beat him.
We gave up, after I gave him 3 seconds and still blew past him before he reached 4th gear!

Killed a few ACR's, Tommy Kaira's, Skylines, R8's and some kiddy tuned Ferrari's and Veyrons etc, and left a Minolta in my wake up to about 160mph.
Let's just say, I surprised a lot of people who thought they had a quick car.

My M3 CSL isn't bad, i'm no expert as far a drag tuning is concerned but I've sorted the gear ratios nicely for the TG runway and the lack of weight and quick launch from 6000rpm (SS tires) mean it punches above its weight and power (500bhp) for that matter!! The only issue I have is the slow 1st-2nd gearchange (I have the custom tranny and a twin plate clutch) but this could be down to wheelspin off the line. It is just a little unusual as all of the other gear changes are lightening fast!

My M3 CSL isn't bad, i'm no expert as far a drag tuning is concerned but I've sorted the gear ratios nicely for the TG runway and the lack of weight and quick launch from 6000rpm (SS tires) mean it punches above its weight and power (500bhp) for that matter!! The only issue I have is the slow 1st-2nd gearchange (I have the custom tranny and a twin plate clutch) but this could be down to wheelspin off the line. It is just a little unusual as all of the other gear changes are lightening fast!
Hmm. i have the m3 cls tuned for drag, 500 hp, and it launches pretty good, with almost no wheelspin...

I'm not the greatest drag tuner, but I've been rather pleased with the results from my Le Mans Quattro. Took it out on my drag track online last night and wiped the floor with almost everything. Up to around 150mph or so there was nothing even remotely in it's range.

I've put a Gallardo differential tune into it and running a 40/60 split, which launches it so hard the fluffy dice would be thrown through the firewall and into engine block! It's only geared for about 220mph, but that's generally more than enough. In fact, a psn friend of mine brought out his drag tuned Aston Martin V8 Vantage and we decided to find out just how many car lengths behind I could get to and still beat him.
We gave up, after I gave him 3 seconds and still blew past him before he reached 4th gear!

Killed a few ACR's, Tommy Kaira's, Skylines, R8's and some kiddy tuned Ferrari's and Veyrons etc, and left a Minolta in my wake up to about 160mph.
Let's just say, I surprised a lot of people who thought they had a quick car.

That's kinda what I'm doing now. Got kind of bored with your run of the mill ACR, Enzo, Le Mans.... Now I just like to tune cars that no one thought had a chance; Cars like the Nissan 300zx, Supra, Mustangs, Evos, STIs... etc. Defiantly livens up the drag rooms :D

When you read claims like that, they are bound to be challenged Don. I was just the first. :P

As for me, my personal drag beast is none other than my Veyron. I love that oversized W16 powered VW Beetle to bits!! :D

I'd love to put the Veyron motor/drive line into something smaller. But it would probably ripe it self off the chassis.

Back