Favorite drift car? whats yours?

I like all the back wheel drives for drifting the MR and 4WD drifts nice to.
I'd definitely have to pick these...
RX-7's, supra's, viper's, s2000, Nissan’s, z concept, Lancer Evo x, Silvia, fort's, RUF ctr?, cobra the GT 1 racer the R39 LD...
...Man all... :mad: ...all my cars are set up to drift if I want to. It’s just up to breaking and throttle control. (That is why my friend can’t drive my cars)
ooh! Yes, same cars I'll put them really sideways, others can do it really fast and then same can really still! :D

:P The Viper Concept is the car that I'll pick to day. It is heavy, RWD lots of power and stable in the drift. It has what I call slow responses so a drift must be created and anticipated. It also holds good speed in the drift.

Just keep the tears smoking.
;)

Heh. I don't know ANYTHING about tuning my own car, except a lil about transmission and a lil about suspension, so I just find a setting, and pray that it works! So, I have cars set up for exhibition drifting and cars set up for grip.

Also, i noticed that ive been drifting so much taht I'm horrible at grip. Anyone else feel that too or is it just me?

Hey, if anyone has ANYTHING settings-wise or tips on drifting Honda cars, please post that!

I love to use my Yellow Supra RZ ASM: 0 and TCS: 2 with normal tires. Fully tuned as well...works well...you should try it.

got to be any of the RX-7s from the LM down to the Infini, the S13 1800cc, C-West Silvia and Spoon Sports S2000

Originally posted by SPiDEY
Also, i noticed that ive been drifting so much taht I'm horrible at grip. Anyone else feel that too or is it just me?

Hey, if anyone has ANYTHING settings-wise or tips on drifting Honda cars, please post that!

Lol. Spidey
I didn’t know which Honda you wanted. I choose the S2000 LM Race Care and this are my settings.

This setting makes a very lose in 1st and 2nd gear so a light thumb and good throttle control will make the drift easy. The good thing is 3rd gear and same times 4th will get you that drift you want under lots of power. The Power slid is also one of the easiest… take a long 3rd gear hear pin (like the one in the mid field track after the bright) enter it normally and like 1/3 or half why throw the turn just floor it, when the back starts to break let go of the steering and the drift will push the care around the turn, to exit just counter steer and watch the throttle a bid.
Breaking a little later and turning in hard will stared the drift. Counter Steer.

If the care is too hard to drive, try the (small print settings), or just turn the TCS and ASM a little higher.

Mods

Stage 3 Turbo and oil change = 94x BHP
Medium racing Tyres all-round.

Settings

Springs 16.5 / 15.0 {front / rear}
Height 55 / 60
Bound 7 / 7
Rebound 9 / 9
Camber 2.5 / 1.4
Rear Toe -0.5 -0
Stabiliser 4 / 4

Brake balance 15 / 14

LSD Initial 15 -10
LSD Accel 35
LSD Dec 22

Gears
Final 4.500 set this first
Auto gear level 37
Final too 5.000 for more Accel/Power and 4.000(or lower) for top-end speed.
Down Force 0.90 / 1.00 -rear to 1.15

ASM 0 -3 TCS 2 -4

Do comment me, good/bad. That way I get better ;)

DrifterBR, Uhm..Maybe its the same one. When I look at it, it says "Sunburst Yellow", but its kinda dark yellow than, say, Dandelion Yellow as found on a Lancer. Also, this one seems to be modded a lil. Faster or something. Great car.

I got it in the Amateur Japan Championship race. You can also win yellow FTO, Lancer VII and one more car. It took me 5 tries (memory card trick) to get it.

sorry for replying back so late guys,but I've been quite busy with tryin' to beat someone's record in my own 450 HP challenge,hehe!well,anyways..the first settings I actually used was TCS level 0,ASM level 0 and having sports tyres on the front and normal tyres on the back,that worked out pretty well...then I switched to simulation tyres and that was pretty cool too,but now I changed my settings to a secret type of setting..sorry,no hard feelings guys,but my AE86 Trueno (Shigeno Version) is pretty secretive as settings wise.I mean hell,I can't even hit 6th gear with it on the TEST COURSE ^_^.I know you could widen the gears out a WHOLE lot to get that,but that's not exactly how I did it.well,onto a different subject,yes Spidey,I'd have to agree with you..I also suck at grip driving,even in 4WD vehicles such as the R32 and LanEvos.I can't even drive the 787B (the closest to an F1 vehicle in grip racing) until the tyres are worn out really bad ^_^.I was even in the F1 championship and I was trying to drift with my F1!(check my 450 HP Challenge thread in the Challenges and Races/Sports times and comparissons to see what I'm talkin' about) so basically,I suck at grip driving,except for my RX-7 (FD) that has 445 HP,that car handles like a dream,but I also put a lot of time into that car as well as Suspension wise,hehe.well,sorry for replying so late guys,but that's all I have to say for now.take care everyone!

AE86Driver

i usually use the toyota supra rz for drifting
i use the curve on complex string right b4 the long stretch.
supras rule :cool:

suprajef, what are your settings for the supra?

n my favorite drift car is the impreza :)

it's HELLA good on midfield raceway :D

I know this is gonna sound generic and bandwagonish but my favorite drifter is the AE86 Trueno SS version. Great power. A little hard to controll but its fun once you get the hang of it.

Back