Toyota Altezza
Viper (all of them)
Panoz Esperante
911 GT3
Clio Sport V6 24V
Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II (R34)
many many more....

Frustrated Palm Tree 🤬

Because i want it there, got a problem with that?? hm! :evilgrin: i'm just kiddin
the hachi n the RGT are my 2 favourite drift cars, although now that i'm doing the pro ff series, i'm startin to like my celica TRD sports m... :P

just a suggestion....

for cars with about 300 hp - use sim tires
for cars with about 500 hp - use normal tires
for cars with about 800 hp - use sport/racing slick

i find that to be a pretty reliable guideline for any car in the game if you want it to get to drift. just be sure that you adjust your dampers/spring rates/stabilizers/brake level according to the weight of your car. it matters a lot where the engine is located as well. think about the weight distribution of the car...it really makes a difference if you can tune with those things in mind

the trick to FF is getting it sideways using the hand brake but you have to make sure that your entrance speed is correct. its a common error for people just learning how to drift FF cars to over estimate the speed they can take turn...so here is how to drift with a FF...

this is what spidey calls "the secret"

when you have the line you want to enter the turn in sight...steer to the corner while holding the gas and hold down the hand brake button at the same time. countersteer to keep going in a straight line. when you want to adjust your line as you sweep through the turn...start tapping the hand brake while still holding on the gas. this will cause your rear end to readjust and, thereby resulting in an adjustment in where you are steering.

so in other terms...your hand brake does the steering most of the time. the only thing that you are controlling with the "wheel" is how straight you go. try out a Spoon Civic Type R or the JDM Integra Type R to start. with those at max tune you can hold a 100 mph FF drift on a straight away! yes...with FF drive drifting you can get your car at about a 45 degree angle and still drive right down the straight away as if you were on a tightrope.

let me know if you have problems following this...i can help you out if you need more depth

favorite drift car...well...lets just name one for every engine class

FF - JDM 98 spec Integra Type R

MR - NA tuned Elise 190 or NSX type-R/S

FR - Cobra R/Mazda RX-7 InfiniIII/AE86 (sigeuno?)/CL55 or CL600

Wrong. Actually it's to use sim tires(back) and super softs (Front) to obtain more oversteer. This means you would have to drift sloewr, but the drift will last longer than any other tire combination.

Everyone knows about the E-brake, don't underestimate me like that. However, you explained e-brake usage better than anyone else on the message board!

well...thanks for the comment on my description. im sure it will help a lot of people just making it to this board.

as far as my tires go...i dont care who you are...even if you are cudaman himself...you cant put sim tires on a 900+hp skyline R34 while setting the TCS ASM to 0 and expect to be able to pull off a clean..long...smooth drift. it wont happen. when you get to higher hp numbers like that you have to have more stick or you are going to do donuts for hours.

and trust me...i know all about long slow drifts. the majority of my drifts get down to about 60-70 at the apex. thats most of the turns. other long sweeps stay up by 90 but either way...i know what you are saying.

now if you want to explain to me why you say super softs in front? i find that when i do that it unbalances the car dramatically.

enlighten me

I just put them in the front to get the back end to swing out. As far as I have seen, this only helps on my FF cars, so I don't have to use the e-brake (i still have to use them if I want to complete the long turns on Midfield raceway or if i lose some control, because of my deficiency for tuning cars)

The tire combination just gives me more oversteer, that's all. It's pretty uncontrollable, and I need to take the turns at like 50 to avoid spinning out, but it works. The tire combination is just to cover my own tuning deficiencies.

For some reason, I only drift cars from 250-500 hp.

Actually JDM, I can drift a lonng ways with 900 HP and sim tires. You just need to know hoe to do it. Practice practice practice........*3 hours later*...practice practice practice...

Frustrated Palm Tree 🤬

Originally posted by glacierdustGT
How the heck are we supposed to know what the car is if you only say "cruiser" for a Chrysler PTCruiser. Jackasss, why dont you be more specific!

Because that is the only car in the game with the word "Cruiser" in the name. Jackass. If you knew something about cars, you would know that "Cruiser" is a term for the PT Cruiser.

Oh, and BTW: my new favorite drift car is the Skyline R32 GTS-T Type M

Originally posted by jubula
Because that is the only car in the game with the word "Cruiser" in the name. Jackass. If you knew something about cars, you would know that "Cruiser" is a term for the PT Cruiser.

Oh, and BTW: my new favorite drift car is the Skyline R32 GTS-T Type M

let's not try to start another war, oh kay?:D

¿comprendes? (j/p)

my favorite drift car is my Spoon Civic type-R i won from the FF chalenge. it's kind of odd since the civic is a FF and most people prefer FR's or 4WD for drifting. i feel like this civic is really reliable to me for drifting. i can make a complete drift with the civic on the big u-turn on trial mountain. yeah live that spoon! ;)

Mine is my Silvia Spec R. Its perfectly tuned and has one of the nicest setups I've ever used.

My next project is a Honda Integra Type R.

Back