• 44 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
I really don't have a strong driver preference, but I am really pulling for the Peugeot team.  I just love the 206s!

The Evos are are mean looking, and don't have the compact hatch back look. I think I'll go for them.

Yeah, that would probably be my second choice.  At first I was really turned off by the new Evo's look, I thought it was a blatant rip-off of the Honda Accord.  (And, well, it kinda is...)  But, it has grown on me a lot!

My favourite driver is Colin McRae even though he is a Scot and us english men aren't supposed to like them but I do follow the other brits like Richard Burns and Ali McRae. I don't really have a favourite team. I want Citroen to do well even though they are running a limited campaign this year probably because I own one.

Yeah, I'm glad when Citroen guys do well, too.

Whatever happened to Lancia?

I don't think they had the funding. I can't remember who owns them but I think they couldn't afford to carry on although an Integrale did enter the British leg of the WRC last year. That was the last world rally the Integrale could compete in because the homoligation expired last year.

I think they're owned by FIAT, aren't they?  I've always loved to see the old rallys on Legends of Motorsport that have a Stratos in them.  That has to be one of the coolest rally cars ever made.

I wonder how Burns is doing now. Just hasn't been that great of a year for Subaru, has it? Doesn't help with sales I'll bet. The punishment for the design? Well, it may have grown on some but I am not sure that the rally gods are a part of them.

(Edited by Talentless at 9:58 pm on June 8, 2001)

Quote: from Talentless on 2:58 am on June 9, 2001[br]I wonder how Burns is doing now. Just hasn't been that great of a year for Subaru, has it? Doesn't help with sales I'll bet. The punishment for the design? Well, it may have grown on some but I am not sure that the rally gods are a part of them.

Have you seen the commercials for the new WRX?  They're showing the car and then for a split second it turns into last year's model.  It actually looks so much better and agressive, it kind of takes away from the commercial.  :shocked:

Burns has had a better run lately - I think he finished second in the last two but Subaru don't really expect anything from this years car because it is brand new. Makkinen will have a bad time in the second half of the year I expect when they enter the new Evo. Subaru has been really badly effected by the new design over here. I know they have had a hard time shifting the new Imprezas.

Well, where I live, the only Subarus I see are Outbacks.  :(

I went to a small motor show run by local garages and on one stand they had a P1 and it was one of the best, meanest cars I have ever seen. Photos just don't do it justice. Oh yeah and they has a massive banner covering up the front of the new Impreza.

Quote: from Phil on 3:21 pm on June 10, 2001[br]I went to a small motor show run by local garages and on one stand they had a P1 and it was one of the best, meanest cars I have ever seen. Photos just don't do it justice. Oh yeah and they has a massive banner covering up the front of the new Impreza.
Had the new Impreza not been released or something?

Yeah it had been released but it is so ugly that they didn't want people to see it. It wasn't actually draped over the bonnet but placed nicely in front of the car so nobody could see it.

Quote: from Phil on 3:22 am on June 11, 2001[br]Yeah it had been released but it is so ugly that they didn't want people to see it. It wasn't actually draped over the bonnet but placed nicely in front of the car so nobody could see it.

I have to agreed with you
All Subaru are made ugly
The company doesn't care as long as the car runs good.

I'm leaning more toward the Mitsubishi Evo. VII because of it's fast look.

Evo. VII can be the good
WRX is the ugly
Focus is the Very ugly
WRX is the ugly

The last Impreza's weren't ugly and I don't think the Focus is either. The new Evo his hardly a watercolour painting compared to the last one.

In the UK the problem with the new Impreza wouln't last for long with Prodrive (they run the Subaru WRC programme) here. They have just brought out the UK300. An improvement I think you would agree.
uk300_230501.jpg

Definitely an improvement!  :)

I really thought the last Impreza looked good.  What don't you like?  :conf:

Hah I've been looking around subaru and they already have a 2002 WRX. As you can see from the pic. go to subaru.com for more details.
wrx_image.jpg

I think the Evo. and WRX are good but Im not sure of the best one since the two cars are very good.

The Peugeots are my favorite.  :D  The Evo comes in a close second.

Yeah, I've seen that Wallpaper.  It looks great, doesn't it?

Back