Favorite quotes

“Living day to day isn’t living... it’s surviving with no regard for tomorrow.” - John Dutton

(Yellowstone TV Show)

"I've been on Twitter on and off for about 11 years and I can honestly say, no word of exaggeration, I think this is quite possibly the single dumbest tweet ever twote. Leaves of cabbage. Is that what's in your head? Just 5 wilted leaves of cabbage?"

-- @OfficialBeeRay (Twitter)

FB_IMG_1650370164783.jpg

sexual moralizing by public figures is a sign of hypocrisy or worse, and most usually a desire to perform the very act that is most being condemned - Christopher Hitchens

You can't truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Alice Cooper
I want to hurt you just to hear you screaming my name
Completely aside from any sadists, this is one of my all-time favourite song lyrics. It just is.

Last edited:
"I'm not going to get into criticizing or attacking Donald Trump, but I'll give you this response: I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my father."

"And that pledge was not a blanket commitment that if you go and slander and attack Heidi, I'm going to nonetheless come like a servile puppy dog and say thank you very much for maligning my wife and my father."

-- Ted Cruz, July 2016

Last edited:

"Power doesn't change people, it only reveals who they really are".

Last edited:
“You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you’re capable of great violence, if you’re not capable of violence you’re not peaceful, you’re harmless”

“You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you’re capable of great violence, if you’re not capable of violence you’re not peaceful, you’re harmless”

Gee, that attitude doesn't look down on people for having the moral backbone to not be douchebags.

Last edited:
Gee, that attitude doesn't look down on people for having the moral backbone to not be douchebags.
Being violent isn't always about being a douchebag, there are situation where inflicting violence on others is morally right and it is covered by law. Also the mere ability to inflict violence can prevent situations of actual violence.
Now if you do not have that ability, you are, in that sense, indeed harmless just like a bee that has lost its stinger is harmless.

Last edited:
Being violent isn't always about being a douchebag, there are situation where inflicting violence on others is morally right and it is covered by law. Also the mere ability to inflict violence can prevent situations of actual violence.
Now if you do not have that ability, you are, in that sense, indeed harmless just like a bee that has lost its stinger is harmless.
...you listen to your workout podcast and I'll stick to my own.

Last edited:
Perhaps replacing the “great violence” with “controlled aggression” would be better all round.

Perhaps replacing the “great violence” with “controlled aggression” would be better all round.
Probably, to avoid misinterpretation, but that's not how the original quote from Stefan Grant goes.

But anyway, back to topic:

''We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.''

Last edited:
Back