Favorite Race Car

• Thread starter jamxx
  • 156 comments
F686/M
Toyota GT1 Race Car
Nissan Calsonic Skyline GT-R
Gillet Vertigo Race Car
Chevy Corvette C5.R
and The Mugen S2000 if you call it a race car but it still flies on laguna seca:dopey:

:sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly:
and you cant forget my F090/S cars with about 1500 miles on each of em

I like the:

Pagani Zonda Race Car
Toyota GT1 Race Car
Mazda 787B
GT40 Race Car
Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car
Nissan Loctite GTR Skyline

I think that is all of them!

I would have to say:

Mazda 787B
Toyota GTOne
Tommy Kiara ZZII
Zonda race car,
S2000LM.

Don't mind the GT-40 racecar, or the RX-7LM.

In order.

Mazda 787B. (500 miles just toying around first day getting it)
F094/H. (51 second midfield machine, 2k miles)
GT40 race car. (Where do I get the normal one?)
F090/S. (3k+ miles)
Mustang SVT cobra.
(Proud of the stock exhaust, only thing not maxxed out on it.)

Well the mustang ain't a racecar, but it can keep up with touring cars.

in order...

1. NISSAN GT-R ROAD CAR (max. tuned)
2. F090/s
3. Calsonic Skyline/Penzoil Skyline (their the same except for exterior)
4. Nissan Skyline GT-R34 V-Spec II
5. Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex SS ver. (tuned to drift)

^^^GTR Nut haha!

1. F090/S (Can turn more than either of the F094's because of it's lack of power, and is better with tires.).
2. F686/M (Great fun when the car enters it's boost threshold in a turn. Whee!).
3. Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI Rally Car (Nicely balanced, good torque and lots of grip).
4. Gillet Vertigo Race Car (A little short on power, but the car doesn't weigh anything, and it just grips and grips and grips).
5. Honda S2000 LM (Very peppy up high, yet unlike it is in GT4, ratehr peppy down low. And it still just always grips.).

every race car in the game(my name shows that evidently:sly: )

THE BEST CAR I'VE DRIVEN IN GT 3 IS THE ZZII TOMMY CAIRA
ON THE SECOND PLACE I HAVE TO PUT THE PAGANI ZONDA THE ONE THAT HAS THE PRICE ARROUND 350.000cr.
THE THIRD ONE MUST BE THE RUF CTR2 BECAUSE WIRH THIS BEAUTY I'VE WON ALLMOST ALL THE RALLY COURSES OF THE GAME - IT IS SIMPLY AMMAZING:tup:

I was looking for a Thread like this. And now I found one! :dopey:
Well heres my Favorite cars:-

- Mazda 787b ( The only bad thing is, it eats Oil.)
- Zonda Race Car
- Denso Sard Supra
- GT-One Road and Race Car.

Theres some of my cars but I forgot the other best race cars. :indiff:

Dont think so toyotagt1, they just got different liveries as far as I know.

Mine have to be:
Castrol Mugen NSX - all the JGTC NSXs drive like beasts and sound like them too, what an engine noise, but i pick this one purely for the colour.
Gillet Vertigo Race Car - once you win this car in the European Cup in Amateur League, the rest of the game is your oyster. Easy enough to handle for novices but good enough to take on the big boys with a little tuning, this car is a real underdog.
Mazda 787B - for the noise. Easily the most intimidating banshee howl you'll ever hear, still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up :D

Well it's not really a race car but I have to agree with IONUTLORY, it's got to be the Tommy zzIIj, as you can see from my avatar. Max out the tune up and it's a hell of a car. And you're absolutely right about the 787B's sound, intimidating is a understatment.
-RX7 LM
-Denzo Supra
-F094/s---Got you beat DRLgain-'58.101

Corvette C5-R. This car could beat all the faster cars apart from the FGTs without tuning.

Also the JGTC GT-Rs were good.

GT3 wasn't very big on the faster race cars though.

Corvette C5-R. This car could beat all the faster cars apart from the FGTs without tuning.

Also the JGTC GT-Rs were good.

GT3 wasn't very big on the faster race cars though.

True (if you are a skilled driver) and true. True as well, mainly because GT3 made more room for production cars and there was not much data space on GT3 to branch out. Also, there are not very many notable Japanese GTP racers that are compatible with GT3's philosophy.

True (if you are a skilled driver) and true. True as well, mainly because GT3 made more room for production cars and there was not much data space on GT3 to branch out. Also, there are not very many notable Japanese GTP racers that are compatible with GT3's philosophy.

True and true. It was really just a show case for things to come I suppose. The main emphasis was on the graphics. I had it on last night and they still look good.

The GT3 disc must have been a single layer dvd. If not they should have had enough scope to put a larger amount of cars on. But this goes back to the "GT3 was rushed to be the first one on the PS2" debate. But it worked out that it was pretty much a GT1 for the PS2. And you know the craze it created for GT4!

The GT3 disc must have been a single layer dvd. If not they should have had enough scope to put a larger amount of cars on. But this goes back to the "GT3 was rushed to be the first one on the PS2" debate. But it worked out that it was pretty much a GT1 for the PS2. And you know the craze it created for GT4!

It clearly did. These types of circumstances was the reason for GT2 having so many bugs: it was never fully developed to rush it out for the holiday season of 1999 (or 2000), so drag racing was deleted, PD made several errors, Plam Strip and Eigen Loop were gone, as was the Toyota Prius and the Mercedes CLK Race Car. But, all that only serves to make it more mysterious and awesome in the eyes of GT2 players everywhere.

The CLK Race Car was one of my favourite racers in GT3 as well.

Edit: I meant the drag racer!

There was a Prius in GT2. I never got the CLK. Didn't have access to a Gameshark doodaa. I remember reading also that there was supposedly a '95 C-Class DTM touring car that never made it to the game.

Attachments

• C-Class%20DTM.jpg
    C-Class%20DTM.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 10
Interesting. It would have made sense to try and add it, but it never made it. Another problem arising when GT2 was rushed in development.

As I had already stated (corrected) above, I meant to say the racing modification version of the Toyota Prius. It was decked out as a drag car, and it produced 493hp through its front wheels. I apologize for any confusion as a result of this error.

Ahh yes ok. Similar to the Ford Taurus which becomes an American stock car when race modded and yet is only FF. Whats up with that? And on top of that all the JGTC GT-Rs being 4wd. I always though there should be the option to alter the drive train of any of the cars. Or even just some it would be better, more realistic in some cases.

The Ford Taurus: That is the weirdest case I have seen to date, and it is probably due to there being no modified Tauruses otherwise, and maybe to attract more fans, though the car is abysmal despite its paint scheme.

The JGTC cars: Once upon a time, they MAY have produced that figure under flash bar readings, but that's it. The drivetrain makes them cheat cars, but they are still fun to drive nonetheless.

Both cases are oddities...

Back