Favorite track in GT6?

• Thread starter LJ12
  • 192 comments
Monaco. I own that place. Has been my favorite in an racing game that has had it and I'm a huge f1 fan. That track just makes me smile. I love spa, but I kind of beat it to death for a while over the past three or four months. I have over 3000 miles on it. I always love the fictional apricot hill and special stage 5 (the night road course with the ferris wheel/circus backdrop and such). Monza is great as well, along with Silverstone. Basically any of the f1 tracks and a good portion of the originals.

I'll akways love the GPF ring course, too. As well as the 24hr. For some reason, I don't get amped up for the norschliefe.

Mt Paramount grew on me. I didn't run it before GTA and I enjoy it. It's a very technical circuit and separated the men from the boys. Also, after the first lap in online races, if slower drivers don't get in your way as much as many other circuits. It is so easy to out brake people there. Most notably up in the S' coming down the hill and at the end of the dog leg that feeds the large chicane.

I like most tracks. As soon as I discover my fastest line around a circuit, I usually like it.

People seem to loath monaco, which sucks. I live in the US, so if I plan on hosting a Monaco room, I do it during the day/afternoon, before the Europeans go the sleep :)

I hated Ascari for a while. Idk why. I dig it now, though. Not my favorite track, but it doesn't bother me.

Trying to think of more favorites.

Last edited:
Monaco. I own that place. Has been my favorite in an racing game that has had it and I'm a huge f1 fan. That track just makes me smile. I love spa, but I kind of beat it to death for a while over the past three or four months. I have over 3000 miles on it. I always love the fictional apricot hill and special stage 7 (the night road course with the ferris wheel/circus backdrop and such). Monza is great as well, along with Silverstone. Basically any of the f1 tracks and a good portion of the originals.

I'll akways love the GPF ring course, too. As well as the 24hr. For some reason, I don't get amped up for the norschliefe.

silverstone great choice but its a shame the new layout is not even close to as good as to the previous lay out.
Over here in the uk there was alot of mixed feelings about the new layout mostly people preferring the previous one. What do you think ?

Route X, the only track where I feel you can test a car's true potential. Sarthe is another favorite one among the real world ones.

Suzuka, which is like Apricot Hills big brother;
Spa, which I'm od'ing on right now;
Laguna Seca, because it has those nice red apex markers that are great for teaching a fellow how to hit the apex just right

At the moment Toscana reverse, the jumps are excellent and it suits all cars regardless of power or PP

Toscana.jpg

Last edited:
Monza 80 is amazing. I despise turn 7, it always makes me nervous scooting through in really fast cars, but great track. A sure classic.

silverstone great choice but its a shame the new layout is not even close to as good as to the previous lay out.
Over here in the uk there was alot of mixed feelings about the new layout mostly people preferring the previous one. What do you think ?
For me, I like both layouts (assuming you're talking about the current layout vs the one just before it). I do like the high speed turn in at Brooklands and then into Luffield on the current layout. I also for whatever reason prefer Maggots and Becketts being later in the lap. I think it just feels right having that epic sequence towards the end of the lap, rather than a few seconds after the start line. I do also like the high speed turns one and two, even if they're not particularly challenging.

But, I think the older layout was maybe a little more technically challenging.

I know almost everyone hates it, but Ascari!
You just have to spend a lot of time on that track to get it down. Probably one of the most technical tracks in GT6 to be competetive. Obviously the ring is number one in that sense, but I would put it up with Bathurst and Monaco. Brands, too. All have many turns that can make or break your lap time. Small mistakes on them usually yield a lot of lost time, unlike say...apricot hill, etc which are more forgiving and many lines can be taken around the circuit. Ascari...there is more or less one quick line around there and you have to adjust your driving style accordingly. Not my strongest track, but it is a blast.

It's hard to pick just one, but I always seem to test unmodified road cars at Deep Forrest. I also really enjoy lapping Spa and Sarthe in racing cars. The Nordschleife is really my "favorite track" but I get so frustrated when I cut a corner a bit too much and my otherwise great lap doesn't get counted. Because I'm usually pressed for time when GTing and I don't want to do 3 laps before I get one that counts, I don't drive the ring much sadly.

As for Ascari...it looks pretty rad in r/l and it's fun in the game too, very challenging.

I would say the following tracks:

Spa.
Monza.
Monza 80`s.
Nurburgring.
Laguna Seca.
High Speed Ring.
Goodwood Hillclimb.
Matterhorn, Riffelsee.
Daytona SuperSpeedway
Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

It`s a list which includes more than one single track, but I couldn`t just chose one track.

DNW
For me, I like both layouts (assuming you're talking about the current layout vs the one just before it). I do like the high speed turn in at Brooklands and then into Luffield on the current layout. I also for whatever reason prefer Maggots and Becketts being later in the lap. I think it just feels right having that epic sequence towards the end of the lap, rather than a few seconds after the start line. I do also like the high speed turns one and two, even if they're not particularly challenging.

But, I think the older layout was maybe a little more technically challenging.

Yes you got it spot on mate , old layout was lot more technical , something i find gt to be lacking in to be honest. Doesnt seem to offer many technical tracks , seems to be more momentum track focused

GT5_Circuit_Grand_Valley_Speedway.svg

One of 3 tracks that has been featured in every game in the series, Trial Mountain and Deep Forest being the other 2.

The layout is just fantastic, even after 16 years, I still love it.
Grand Valley has always been my favorite GT original. Mastered the lines back in the day in GT1 with the d-pad (pre-analog controllers).

Silverstone, this surprised me cause I had hated it in all previous games I saw it in. Plus having played the previous one with the different start/finish, I initially hated it until I got the rhythm right.

I'm suddenly on a special stage rt5 bender. I haven't been on it in a few GT games and wow, does it look much prettier. That and it is an unbelievable track. Monaco is my favorite as it is all grit and balls, then I hit rt5 and it reminds me of the Singapore GP track. Has some tight spots and quick direction changes like Monaco, but also some areas that you can really get moving.

Back