• Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Lotus Esprit Sport 350

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
vantage is nice, but i have to go with
chevrolet.gif
Z06

Hey ving, is it me, or am I making this Vantage thing totally fabisham!
The Vantage is fabisham indeed.

From here on out the V8 Vantage will now be known as the Aston Fabisham V8 VAntage.

The Vantage? no, just...no... That car's just as bad as the viper when it comes to turning. Sure you can kick ass on straightaways but on some tracks there aren't any and other's there's one or two. You'd get creamed the entire race. My choice here, the Opel Astra, power 829 hp, and handling. I can think of only 3 ther classes of cars that handle better, the toyota gt1's the F-series, and the NSX's.

Off the list I have to vote for a car I owned myself, a very crappy chevy -76 with a 350 with only 150 hp!! that's just * but i loved that car.

Originally posted by CraniumJoe
The Vantage? no, just...no... That car's just as bad as the viper when it comes to turning. Sure you can kick ass on straightaways but on some tracks there aren't any and other's there's one or two. You'd get creamed the entire race. My choice here, the Opel Astra, power 829 hp, and handling. I can think of only 3 ther classes of cars that handle better, the toyota gt1's the F-series, and the NSX's.
Well first the Opel Astra is a RACING CAR so naturally the handeling is going to be alot better, which is rediculous to compare it to. But the thing is, it handles better than the viper, and is one of the better handeling STREET CATAGORY V8's in the game, not to mention the most powerful V8 street car in the game. You obviously havn't driven the Vantage that much, you more than likely drove it about 3 laps, and said "This car sucks" Because you never learned how to control it.

I dont have a preference for any of the V8's listed there from the game. And especially not forced induction V8's like the Vantage. Thats the cheapest way to get power from an engine. If ever PD brings in an M5, than that will get my vote for favorite V8, but since that wont happen I wont vote on this one.

..Hey how about we add the C5R to the poll, its only the best handeling and most powerful naturally aspirated V8 small block in the game, no biggie though. :banghead:

Originally posted by Sominon
..Hey how about we add the C5R to the poll, its only the best handeling and most powerful naturally aspirated V8 small block in the game, no biggie though. :banghead:

Maybe I should've put the C5R instead of the Z06, but it seems a little redundant to have both.

Too bad the C5R isn't this year's ALMS C5R, the one in game is an older model....

GT-One gets my vote...

TS020 took 2nd in 24 Hours of Le Mans 99, lost in the last hour due to a blown tire... curses, curses...
Garrett twin turbos, 900kg frame, what more could you ask for?

It was said that this car hit 250mph+ during Le Mans... shame it lost.

Forced induction is faar from the "Cheapest way to get power" maybe in the GAME it is, but not in real life. And I don't think the v8 racers should be up there, like hte C5R cause that's a highly tuned car, the GT40 can stay because it was a street car at one point, and same can be said for the Cobra that got excluded. But the R390 and GTOne shouldn't be up there, it's nice to know however that people realize that raw "I can beat everything in the game easily" power isn't really that great.

The C5R is a Chevrolet small block LS1 Bored to 427 Cid. Although yes it is highly tuned, the motor is nothing more then any motor enthusiast could do in his garage. Weld the block for increased resiliance, Change the heads, pistons, cams, cranks, bigger valves, different timing, reset the Mass air controller and or install one, then you would need ultimately free flowing exhaust, and since its a race car no catalytic converter or muffler.

In all honesty you could take a chevrolet C5 vette, and with money turn it into the C5R, with the C5 being the road going version, it definitely is allowed there.

Originally posted by Driftster
Forced induction is faar from the "Cheapest way to get power" maybe in the GAME it is, but not in real life. And I don't think the v8 racers should be up there, like hte C5R cause that's a highly tuned car, the GT40 can stay because it was a street car at one point, and same can be said for the Cobra that got excluded. But the R390 and GTOne shouldn't be up there, it's nice to know however that people realize that raw "I can beat everything in the game easily" power isn't really that great.
Well i just think its more rewarding for a car manufacturer to be able to make an NA engine as powerful as a supercharged/turbocharged engine from the competition. My thought is.. if these NA engines would have an added turbo or supercharger, wouldnt they then absolutely overpower the competition? I dont mean its cheap as in $$$. I mean its a cheap way to get more power out of an engine instead of getting a few more engineers together to create a powerful NA engine.

Actually no, because if you have a 550HP n/A V8 engine, chances are the factory is going to give it pretty high compression, meaning if you just throw forced induction on it you could run enough boost to do crap, and to run more boost you'd have to change the pistons which is just too much $, then you have to factor in reliability issue's, yes forced induction will wear away at an engine, just like ANY other power adder will, but when you're running a 550HP n/A factory engine, it'll be worn out quicker than a F/i'd 550HP one.

I completely agree that companies probably would take more pride in a 400HP naturally aspirated street beast, but the development cost of a 400HP naturally aspirated engine would cost a heck of alot more than a force induced one, like the Mustang SVT cobra, you know Ford could have made a 400HP n/a engine, but 1 it wouldn't pass emissions more than likely, and 2 it'd cost alot more to make and longer to design.

I also agree that not as MUCH engineering goes into Forced induction as it does naturally aspirated, but then again, arn't some of the fastest cars in the world based on the principal of "You don't have to have the newest technology to be fast"

I like the GT40. Not that many people like it for some strange reason though.
The only thing I don't like about it, it takes a while to slow that thing down when you race down a long straight away. It also sounds silly in the game.

Back