Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Griffith 500

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Lotus Esprit Sport 350

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
Uhh...for GT3, I guess I'd say the Ford GT40...:D Race version of course. :)

Originally posted by SandStorm Looks like somebody forgot the Astra Touring Car... [/B]

I didn't forget, I just didn't think enough people would care about the Astra, Falcon, Jaguar XKR, Mercedes CLK 55 or Shelby Cobra.

And I thought it would make it ridiculously huge and screw up the results a little if I included all 3 Corvettes, all 3 Camaros, both R390's, both TS020's, both GT40's and both Esprits.

But the thing is, you shouldn't have included both race cars AND street cars, you should have the R390 road car, the Corvette Z06, the Mustang SVT cobra R, the CLK 55, no astra, no other one, no Mercedez touring car, no GT40 RACE car, cause it's kinda unbalanced ya know?...It's fabisham none the less.

Driftster, although I agree with you on your posts for the most part i'd like to correct you on a few accounts.

400 n/a horsepower out of a V8 is not a problem what so ever for reliability. You could take any standard V8, such as Dodge's 5.9 Magnum, Chevrolets Lt1 349, Ls1 347, Or the Ls6(which makes 400 n/a hp btw.) or Fords 4.6 Dohc or 5.0.

With this, all you would really need is a semi big bore, enough to make stroking useful, (Displacement up anyone?) but very mild cammed, with lots of lift, but small ramps so you have a nice easy powerband, not an extremely engine fatiquing one. Forged pistons and rods, so at high rpms the motor is still secure, such as rods good for 9000 rpms on a 6k rpm motor.

The only problem is people these days want V8 power it seems with a straight 4's gas milage. Companies could easily have 500 n/a hp very reliable, for 150k EASY. However there isn't really a purpose or a market for that car. Thats why we have cars like a corvette Z06 which end at 405 hp with City: 19 MPG / Hwy: 28.

ok Sominon, they could very easily make a 500HP naturally aspirated v8 car pass emissions? They barely got the 500HP v10 to pass emisssions how would they get the v8? Second in terms of a 400 n/a having NO problem with reliability, that's a paradox my friend, because no engine what so ever is going to have NO problem with reliability, the fact is. The SVT Cobra's 4.6L would make 400HP alot more consistantly, and would BE more reliable than a 4.6L n/a engine. Yeah a company can always build a bigger engine, but no one said anything about differing engines. If a company had the problem of "How can I get 500HP out of this 5.3L Engine" they would answer it by saying "Let's make it 5.6L"

the limited run HRT 427 Monaro has no problem passing emissions and is smooth, as for reliablity it hasnt been around long enough to know (altough it did win a 24hour enduro production race)

it has a 427 big block with about 650-700hp and is N/A

also fuel ecconomy isnt worried about that much when it comes to V8 in australia, there selling better than ever

they are fairly strong, but maybe not as bad as california

The only state most "good cars" would pass in is Florida, that's why most nice cars are found there. Damn them and their costal location and their "Jet Stream"

Right, thats the most reliable way is to increase bore and stroke. They can make it pass emissions as well, many people have daily drivers which make 500 hp on just heads and cam and they do pass emisions.

i thought the C5R 427 was a small block

this is a big block built by Holden (the block is from chev by holden put it together with there own specs)

The C5R IS a 427 Small block...
but anyway, yeah I know alot of people have high HP cars as daily drivers, like in the 600-700 range even n/a..But there's usually 2 reasons for that.....1 They live in an area with low emission standards..Or 2 it's a "Historic Vehicle" meaning it doesn't have to pass emissions.

Originally posted by Driftster
The C5R IS a 427 Small block...
but anyway, yeah I know alot of people have high HP cars as daily drivers, like in the 600-700 range even n/a..But there's usually 2 reasons for that.....1 They live in an area with low emission standards..Or 2 it's a "Historic Vehicle" meaning it doesn't have to pass emissions.

in australia we have ethier a lot of high HP aussie muscle cars or alot of supercharged GENIII LS1's getting around with about 600-700HP

and alot of high HP skyline getting around and a few High HP supras and soarers

weve got lots of them

come to think of it we have lots of every Japanese car, including AE86's

everything Japanese is fairly cheap over here, exept AE86's are rising in prices (mainly due to initial D, and there getting older)

Hey have you seen the AE111's? I wouldn't mind those, they look pretty nice, i'm not sure what their drivetrain configuration is though..Here's a pic of one.
big02.jpg

that is the whole reason we dont have them

OZ hates FWD

youll never ever see a Civic drag car or any FWD drag car

Originally posted by Driftster
But the thing is, you shouldn't have included both race cars AND street cars, you should have the R390 road car, the Corvette Z06, the Mustang SVT cobra R, the CLK 55, no astra, no other one, no Mercedez touring car, no GT40 RACE car, cause it's kinda unbalanced ya know?...It's fabisham none the less.

Well, this isn't a "which car is better" poll. I mean, if there was a poll comparing the F688/S and the Pink Vitz, I think more people would vote for the Vitz. It doesn't really have to be balanced.

Back