• Griffith 500

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Lotus Esprit Sport 350

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Driftster
Actually no, because if you have a 550HP n/A V8 engine, chances are the factory is going to give it pretty high compression, meaning if you just throw forced induction on it you could run enough boost to do crap, and to run more boost you'd have to change the pistons which is just too much $, then you have to factor in reliability issue's, yes forced induction will wear away at an engine, just like ANY other power adder will, but when you're running a 550HP n/A factory engine, it'll be worn out quicker than a F/i'd 550HP one.

I completely agree that companies probably would take more pride in a 400HP naturally aspirated street beast, but the development cost of a 400HP naturally aspirated engine would cost a heck of alot more than a force induced one, like the Mustang SVT cobra, you know Ford could have made a 400HP n/a engine, but 1 it wouldn't pass emissions more than likely, and 2 it'd cost alot more to make and longer to design.

I also agree that not as MUCH engineering goes into Forced induction as it does naturally aspirated, but then again, arn't some of the fastest cars in the world based on the principal of "You don't have to have the newest technology to be fast"
And this is why, IMO, that BMW is the best engine manufacturer in the world. Their 5.0 V8 has 400 bhp and has no problems passing emission laws.

Well in the end i will vote.. and seeing as the Corvette is probably one of the only respectable american cars and that its V8 is quite good, my vote goes out to it.

Originally posted by Driftster
Anything....I'm desperate....I'd glady sell my 328i for a nice soarer
Why would you want to do that?
My brother was out with my dad's 328i, and he was slowing down for a stop, and some kid in a Civic SiR passed him on the left without doing the stop. Now my brother is short tempered when it comes to these types of things so he nailed the throttle, went side by side with the Civic which was in full acceleration stayed there a second, and nailed it again to pass the Civic. The street than ends and you have to either turn left or right at the STOP, so my brother had no problems slowing down the car for the STOP sign but the Civic ended up in the middle of the street after under braking. If there was a car coming he could have smashed hard. Then out of luck, my brother got side by side with a 350Z at the next red light. And he was revving the engine to show his intention to the 350Z driver. So the other guy was getting ready for it also. When the light turned green my brother killed the 350Z off the line and was maintaining the lead at over 120 Km/H on a 50Km/H zone... but then he had to turn in to some store so the race stopped there.

Edit: So why do you want a Soarer?

Originally posted by T13R
And this is why, IMO, that BMW is the best engine manufacturer in the world. Their 5.0 V8 has 400 bhp and has no problems passing emission laws.

Z06 has 405 BHP out of a 347ci. ^^;; Also pretty loq compression, you can run like 8psi intercooled stock, and make it last 150k miles. While also having around 520hp ^^

Originally posted by Sominon
Z06 has 405 BHP out of a 347ci. ^^;; Also pretty loq compression, you can run like 8psi intercooled stock, and make it last 150k miles. While also having around 520hp ^^
Thats why I voted for the Z06 :)

Does anyone here remember the old Ls6 motors, the big blocks that came in the Camaros and Corvettes? Thats the most power production motor, Ever. :)

nice corvette...But that package alone would cost in the neighborhood of 99,450 dollars now..pricey if ya ask me. but a cool historic car non the less.

--edit--

GEEEZZ a 13 second quarter mile with 500HP? WTF?!?!?!?
was traction REALLY that big of a problem? couldn't they just ya know, but better tires on it.

--edit again--
Where did you get that it was an old LS6 from?, and 13 second 1/4 miles is still kinda weak for 500HP

Latest Posts

Back