Favorite vehicle manufacterer!?

Thanks for the note...I didn't get much of a response...my feeling is it was a little too long and most didn't read it. lol:odd:

I appreciate the nod from you though...nice to know some feel the same.

By the way...saweeet avatar my man...love the AC Cobras! My father had an ORIGINAL Shelby AC Cobra '64 with a 289...hunter green with tan leather...the car was INCREDIBLE.

Ford and Shelby were SO FAR ahead of their time with that car...

Unreal.

:)

Originally posted by jdhnc13
First off I need to give Mr. Frustrated Palm a little attention (lol) had to say it that way...lol..

I don't know how to do the quote thing in my post, but FrustratedPalm said "Mustang 5.0's and Camaro's have run the quarter mile in the 9's and even in the 8's stock off the street, there arent any street legal Honda's that can go that fast."

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There isn't a STOCK Mustang 5.0 or STOCK Camaro on this planet that runs a 8 or 9 quarter mile. Don't throw out crap like that like it's the word of God when it's false! I like ALL cars for what they are, but let's not blow **** out of proportion to put people down.

Let me educate you first. A Corvette Z06 STOCK with the exception of a non-governed chip (yes that means stock street tires too) runs in the low to mid 12's in the quarter mile. A Stock Z06 will whup any stock Stang or Stock Camaro period. Further proof that your times are bogus...if a car in a drag can run sub-12 it MUST have a roll cage.

For the money...you will be hard pressed to beat a Z06 in non-modified performance...want proof of what the car's capable of modified...go look at the racing records of the C5R team. They are flat out incredible and can truly compete on a world stage. As can the Vipers and the BMW M3's AND the Porsche 911's.

Now...some of you are ripping the Hondas. I've owned 17 cars! 5 of which were Hondas. Let me tell you this much...the cars are built incredibly well. Even after years of use and LOTS of mile the doors still shut tight and the interiors aren't falling apart. Toyota has finally started to build a "tighter car" in the last 6 or 7 years. (I currently have a 2003 Tundra too so lay off the "dude your bashing Toyo's?) Nissan makes a solid quality car overall too. I had a '91 Nissan SE-R that was incredibly fun to drive!

I like some GM product (Corvettes) some Ford product (GT 40's, Stangs, and the truck division is pretty solid too.), and I like some Chrysler/Dodge Product in the Viper and the Prowler, but product lines top to bottom I give the bigger Japanese and European Manuf. the edge...however there is still Kia and Hyundai who's cars are pretty mediocre at best...and that show's that Japan is capable of mediocrity at times too...so let's not get this in to nationality wars.

I think the key is to remove the country vs. country battle. Let's not let this get divisive...there's no need to hate people because of a car! Things are getting grey anyway with companies buying other companies...ie Ford buying Mazda...Jag...Aston Martin...Volvo...Land Rover...etc. etc. etc. GM owns several you'd least expect...Hummer...Saab...VAUXHALL...OPEL...FIAT...SUBARU...SUZUKI...ISUZU...how about that list? Guess the saying should be...if you can beat'em buy 'em. LOL

Ok...all that said...

I like:

Honda (love the S2000 and NSX)
Toyota (Love the Supra and old MR2's)
Nissan (love every Z car ever...)
FORD (love Stangs new and old...love the GT 40 old and new...and OF COURSE love the original Ford Shelby Cobras)
Some Dodge and GM. Mainly the Viper/Prowler/Corvette.
Mazda (love the RX-7's...every one of them.)

One thing to all you people arguing horsepower to support the American cars...the real argument is in Horsepower vs. WEIGHT.

As tiring as it is for you to read one person say all American cars suck...it's just as frustrating for others to read you say Hondas suck because all the young boys in American want one. That's just as narrow minded. Who cares if they want one...in reality Honda was smart...they made a quality affordable FUN to drive car and THEN made it where you could order it modified from the factory and finance it in the car. They started the pocket rocket craze back up again which is cool! Where do you think the muscle car heritage came from. Young "punks" trying to make cars loud and fast with muscle and limited pocket books.

I owned an original '97 Integra Type-R. The car was awesome...had a friend who bought one...and NA modified it to run in the mid-12's on a quarter mile! He ran a 12.4 and ran neck and neck with a Supra Turbo! Of course he's got about 7K in engine mods. lol!

Cars are just fun guys. Don't bash people or countries. All cars are a blast! And so are TRUCKS! Vehicles are...(that's better). I had an old '74 Ford Maverick Grabber that was Shelby racing blue with white racing stripes when I was a kid...I put big slicks on a pair of Keystones and disconnected the rear brakes so I could sit in the school parking lot and do brake stands. LOL!

The love of automobiles is what brought us all to this page...let's not rip anyone and just enjoy the forum.

Peace.

Imagine, all of that over a typo :lol:! BTW, shows you havent seen a Vette at the strip. Ive seen them run in the 9's, and thats after I laughed at him. Was a great race, a whole bunch of real good cars and fun times. They had Camaro's, Stangs, Supra's, Viper's, the whole bunch. My dad had a VR4 and was able to get in the 12's. My uncle drove my dads Charger, wow what a run...

Oh, and how did you get a Type R Integra into the states? I believe they never really imported them, did you import it yourself? I think they didnt, but will look into it...

Under a rock? Type-R's were imported in '97...the said they were bringing in 5,000...but there was a sanfu in Cali over emitions or something and they only brought in just over 4,000...

Then they brought them again in '99 in black and yellow and white...but with a slight different headlight shape and some other "additions" like a rear window wiper and some other unnecessary stuff.

As for a Vette at the track...let me clue you in my friend...my second cousin is the lead engineer for team Corvette...the Z06 was HIS baby! He's been on the Cover of several Corvette Magazines...and his name I Tadge Juechter...so off me about Vette's. Don't believe me...I can back up what I say my friend on both the Type-R and stock Vette times. He took a stock Z06 and went to his lab boys and had a better chip put in...HIS WIFE Mary ran a 12.8 bone stock...HE ran a 12.4 bone stock.

So YOU obviously don't know Vettes my friend.

As for your Vette or Stang or whatever you're saying ran a 9 sec. quarter mile...I'm not saying it's not possible...I'm just saying there is no way in H*** it was stock no matter which it was.

:rolleyes:

On a lighter side...your Dad's charger and VR4 sound sweet.

I will post a pick of my Type-R in a minute.

Peace.

Maybe it is the Driver :rolleyes:. My father used to drive pro but since then he just settled down into law and casual racing. Its been in the 9's stock (with the exception of touring tires)...

My Second cousins in there Anniversary 50th Vette...he get's a new one every 6 months btw....

Attachments

• dsc00002.jpg
    dsc00002.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 27
BTW, I will get a picture of my dads charger and post it here. He doesnt have that VR4 anymore. The transmission locked on the highway. $10,000 for a new one, or he could sell it. He sold it and bought a different car...

Mainly because they are constantly testing what they do to the cars...his cars are always tweaked...different mods here and there...and he has a better feel for what he needs to improve.

Secondly...the test them and then sell them (GM) like a lease vehicle...so the cars they test...don't go to waste. If he had one car...then they'd have to have testers so to speak...

What better way than to have your engineers testing in every day life?

His last car prior to the 50th was a wild blue Z06 that had several "test" suspension upgrades and brake upgrades...that car was incredible!

:eek:

My 2001 CL Type-S...had to sell it to buy a house...500 dollar car payment was too much for a single home owner. :banghead:

Hated selling that car.

Attachments

• cl type s.jpg
    cl type s.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 20
The first week I had that car some punk kid at a light in an early '90's Stang GT, with his young girlfriend in the car, started acting all bad at a light and wanting to race.

I slid it over into tiptronic and smoked his old piece of crap stang...

I slowed down and waited for another light to change ahead so I could give him some **** and he turned on a side street!

Too funny!

:lol:

Originally posted by jdhnc13
The first week I had that car some punk kid at a light in an early '90's Stang GT, with his young girlfriend in the car, started acting all bad at a light and wanting to race.

I slid it over into tiptronic and smoked his old piece of crap stang...

I slowed down and waited for another light to change ahead so I could give him some **** and he turned on a side street!

Too funny!

:lol:

what an absolute fairy:lol:

"SOUNDS LIK EVERYONE THAT LIKES Japanese CARS SO MUCH ARE GAY AND TAKE MANY DICKS OF THERE ASS WITH DIEASES. "

Damn Jeremy, you seem to have experience with that kind of thing. No wonder you are driving a Blazer.

Anyways, my favourite manufacurers are:

1)Toyota
2)Nissan
3)Mazda, Honda
4)Subaru
5)Mitsubishi

I don't think all Domestic cars suck, but I prefer Japanese cars because they are very reliable, fun, and built with quality.

I like Toyota and Lexus, used to like Dodge and quietly always liked Mazda. I like more individual cars than a manufactuerer though.

It really bothers me when people rant how one make of car such as american cars suck, and then say japanese cars rule...there are good points for every make of cars, even right down too kias and geos... thay all have thier advantages. it may be it be straight line preformance, price, reliability, saftey...etc

so with that in mind, here are my favorite car makers:

-Volvo
-BMW
-Audi
-Subaru
-Nissan
-Mini
-Mazda
-Dodge
-Chevy
and the exotics!!
-Noble
-Lambo
-Ferrari
-Porsche

And when I think about it, there is no real companies I hate,
:D

1-Mazda
2-Toyota
3-honda

I prefer Japanese car for the model , the lotus,bmw, and much more got good model too
Only model that i dont like are american car
Maybe there strong but there ugly

Back